Christian Ramirez

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Still wonder how he would be in the number 10 position and having a different striker...

Don’t think he has the skill to play anything other than the monkey striker position. Running and hustle - that’s all he’s got. Fucking terrible signing.

Ramirez is decent but he needs someone playing alongside him - in a 2. The problem is we don’t have anyone who can do that - JET just ends up playing as a midfielder any times he comes on. Samuels is away over on the touch line. And we have no other “strikers” at the club.

I think Ramirez actually needs a rest. Give him a couple weeks break as he looks constantly knackered running around after lost causes.

The really worrying thing is we have this super strikers coach and yet we seem to be incapable of scoring and he seems incapable of seeing the obvious that Ramirez is too isolated 

2 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Ramirez is decent but he needs someone playing alongside him - in a 2. The problem is we don’t have anyone who can do that - JET just ends up playing as a midfielder any times he comes on. Samuels is away over on the touch line. And we have no other “strikers” at the club.

I think Ramirez actually needs a rest. Give him a couple weeks break as he looks constantly knackered running around after lost causes.

The really worrying thing is we have this super strikers coach and yet we seem to be incapable of scoring and he seems incapable of seeing the obvious that Ramirez is too isolated 

We seem obsessed with heading for the corners and then crossing the ball. Then conceding the middle of the pitch on the counter as a result when the crosses get intercepted. 

Can't remember the last time we played ourselves in through the middle. 

58 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We seem obsessed with heading for the corners and then crossing the ball. Then conceding the middle of the pitch on the counter as a result when the crosses get intercepted. 

Can't remember the last time we played ourselves in through the middle. 

For the amount of central midfielders in the squad I don’t think I can either.

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It was. That gets scored about 10% of the time. 

Shut the fuck up ? it’s a free header he’s jumped under. You are seriously unable to admit you’re wrong. 

Would get scored 0% of the time with that kind of effort. Your opinion on strikers should be voided after you made a total cunt of yourself with Cosgrove. 

31 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Shut the fuck up ? it’s a free header he’s jumped under. You are seriously unable to admit you’re wrong. 

You're doing what a lot of football fans do, thinking every chance is a great one. It was a half chance and a pathetic effort at it from Ramirez. He should do far better. That's not a chance that ends in a goal most of the time though. 

Ramirez is a pretty average striker at our level. Don't think I've ever said anything other than that. He's clearly not playing well right now but neither is almost anyone in our team, particularly in forward positions. 

31 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Would get scored 0% of the time with that kind of effort. Your opinion on strikers should be voided after you made a total cunt of yourself with Cosgrove. 

How was that? Because I was able to see that our issues weren't all Cosgrove related, something that's been proved since he's left and we still can barely create a chance or score. 

The one making a cunt of himself is the one who's posting "I fucking hate him", "American cunt", etc. Fucking embarrassing posting man. 

7 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The chance he missed in the first half was poor. 

I think he can hold the ball and be effective and hold the ball well, when he's not isolated against 3 centre halves like he was yesterday. 

He's running around like a headless chicken trying to influence the game. It's not for the sake of it. 

He's a good player, which is clear I think to most, he's just not got guys as good around him. 

Watkins and Hedges either side of him, and I think he'd be much better. 

That post could have been written by Ramirez himself ?

Just reeks of desperation to make excuses for being pretty shite in general & blaming those around him rather than himself 

Gallagher would be a far better CH & be less shite if he had 3 really good CH’s protecting him as well.

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

This Ramirez slander needs to stop. 

The guy isn't getting chances. 

He made a meal of a header yesterday, other than that, fuck all doing. 

He's not the reason we aren't scoring. 

He getting justifiably judged on what he’s not doing.

He’s pretty shite really. Especially as he’s supposed to be an ‘out &out’ striker ? more chance him becoming the next Darren Mackie for us than him becoming an Adam Rooney.

He looks similar to a striker against shite opposition but any kind of semi competent opponents & he looks incompetent 

Fact is Ramirez wasn’t in the starting XI for Houston in MLS. Idk why everyone is expecting him to be a hero.. he’s a decent player; nothing more. He’s shown he can score and play some nice football - he’s also shown he can be pish. This is why he’s in the SPL and not starting for an MLS team. 
Personally I think he could succeed here. But idk what people are expecting; most of his goals for his entire career are within the 6 yard box. He’s not going to create - he’ll finish some - he’ll miss some. Just like every other SPL striker.

also, Houston are sitting bottom of MLS.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

This Ramirez slander needs to stop. 

The guy isn't getting chances. 

He made a meal of a header yesterday, other than that, fuck all doing. 

He's not the reason we aren't scoring. 

He’s one of them surely? 

Strikers need to do more than just wait for a chance to come. Hold and keep the ball. He’s doing neither right now.

It’s the kind of shite “he’s not getting service” etc that’s pissing me off. It’s like he gets a free pass.

I swear to god folk treat him differently cause he’s American and smiles a lot. Callum Hendry looked no worse than him and would be a fraction of the price.

Dont turn that into me saying I want Hendry.

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I think he's better at holding and keeping the ball than you're making out. 

He’s not been lately. He lost it fucking heaps, gave away stupid fouls (one in the first half down in the right hand corner particularly annoying) and had a few stupid offsides. 

I don’t get it. We aren’t scoring and he’s one of many reasons. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

You're doing what a lot of football fans do, thinking every chance is a great one. It was a half chance and a pathetic effort at it from Ramirez. He should do far better. That's not a chance that ends in a goal most of the time though. 

Ramirez is a pretty average striker at our level. Don't think I've ever said anything other than that. He's clearly not playing well right now but neither is almost anyone in our team, particularly in forward positions. 

How was that? Because I was able to see that our issues weren't all Cosgrove related, something that's been proved since he's left and we still can barely create a chance or score. 

The one making a cunt of himself is the one who's posting "I fucking hate him", "American cunt", etc. Fucking embarrassing posting man. 

It’s not that deep ffs ? 

You got proven wrong cause Cosgrove is at fucking Shrewsbury. Convinced you lost a bet too? 

23 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Calum Hendry looked no worse? 

Min

That’s my point. It’s genuinely like you have decided Ramirez is a higher standard than the likes of him purely based on the fact he’s came from America. 

Tony Watt looked miles better than Ramirez last week. There’s heaps who would do as good a job as Ramirez has done so far who wouldn’t have commanded the wages and fee he has. He’s also 30.

40 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

That’s my point. It’s genuinely like you have decided Ramirez is a higher standard than the likes of him purely based on the fact he’s came from America. 

Tony Watt looked miles better than Ramirez last week. There’s heaps who would do as good a job as Ramirez has done so far who wouldn’t have commanded the wages and fee he has. He’s also 30.

Adam Rooney would have scored half the chances Ramirez hasn’t & he would have been in more goal scoring positions than he has also.

Ramirez is closer to Mackie levels than Rooney levels. 
Those two American caps have some folk thinking this guy is far better than he actually is.

When you look at some of the average players that have gone over to MLS & stood out like stars there, it becomes more & more obvious how easy it was for them to do so when you see the likes of him, Gurr, Gallagher coming here & being shown to be pretty shite

12 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Nothing to do with the fact he's come from America. 

It's because I think he's a good player

Lets wait and see how he does. 6 games into the league season. He's got 32 games left to score around 15, for him to be considered successful. 

Want to bet £20 he won't score 15 league goals from here on?

58 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Adam Rooney would have scored half the chances Ramirez hasn’t & he would have been in more goal scoring positions than he has also.

Ramirez is closer to Mackie levels than Rooney levels. 
Those two American caps have some folk thinking this guy is far better than he actually is.

When you look at some of the average players that have gone over to MLS & stood out like stars there, it becomes more & more obvious how easy it was for them to do so when you see the likes of him, Gurr, Gallagher coming here & being shown to be pretty shite

Don’t even get me started on them comparisons :laughing:

Ramirez has a bit to go to get as much stick as I gave Rooney…

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Nothing to do with the fact he's come from America. 

It's because I think he's a good player

Lets wait and see how he does. 6 games into the league season. He's got 32 games left to score around 15, for him to be considered successful. 

I think he might score goals too. I still think he’s been absolutely shite so far in the league. 

Too easy to be slating Ramirez when his actual chances are few and far between - and getting fewer. 

When the team was firing on all cylinders against the Eurotrash, he was flying. 

When the team is struggling to get the ball to him, he's struggling to make an impact. 

We need actual wide players, and not central midfielders repurposed into wingers, and also not ageing wingers who shouldn't still be played at this level. 

We need a bunch of positions to be addressed way, way ahead of Ramirez' position, to be honest.. 

How many chances to score/shots on goal did we have v county & well for example. Probably around 40 or something ?

edit. 23 v county, 20 v well & 11 v St’s

that’s 54 chances created/shots on goal in last 3 games for a return of just ONE goal.

If that doesn’t show that our strikers are in fact pretty shite, I really would hate to see our stats with shite strikers ?

Russel must be getting hysterical at these stats

4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Too easy to be slating Ramirez when his actual chances are few and far between - and getting fewer. 

When the team was firing on all cylinders against the Eurotrash, he was flying. 

When the team is struggling to get the ball to him, he's struggling to make an impact. 

We need actual wide players, and not central midfielders repurposed into wingers, and also not ageing wingers who shouldn't still be played at this level. 

We need a bunch of positions to be addressed way, way ahead of Ramirez' position, to be honest.. 

See this is where I think he’s getting a free pass. Strikers can influence games. He seen plenty of the ball the past two games.

Its as if he needs the team to present tap in chances for him to have an impact. If that’s the case then he’s not up to it surely? 

• Upvote 1