Christian Ramirez

4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Too easy to be slating Ramirez when his actual chances are few and far between - and getting fewer. 

When the team was firing on all cylinders against the Eurotrash, he was flying. 

When the team is struggling to get the ball to him, he's struggling to make an impact. 

We need actual wide players, and not central midfielders repurposed into wingers, and also not ageing wingers who shouldn't still be played at this level. 

We need a bunch of positions to be addressed way, way ahead of Ramirez' position, to be honest.. 

See this is where I think he’s getting a free pass. Strikers can influence games. He seen plenty of the ball the past two games.

Its as if he needs the team to present tap in chances for him to have an impact. If that’s the case then he’s not up to it surely? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Too easy to be slating Ramirez when his actual chances are few and far between - and getting fewer. 

When the team was firing on all cylinders against the Eurotrash, he was flying. 

When the team is struggling to get the ball to him, he's struggling to make an impact. 

We need actual wide players, and not central midfielders repurposed into wingers, and also not ageing wingers who shouldn't still be played at this level. 

We need a bunch of positions to be addressed way, way ahead of Ramirez' position, to be honest.. 

Agree on all counts.  Ramirez looks like a limited player - and probably won't offer us a great deal outside of scoring goals (needs a supply line though!)... but I feel like he is the least of our problems right now! 

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

See this is where I think he’s getting a free pass. Strikers can influence games. He seen plenty of the ball the past two games.

He has but he's mostly seen it about 35 yards out with his back to goal. There's no one linking play between midfield and attack, like Hedges would be doing, so Ramirez is trying to do that meaning he's not where he needs to be - in the box. 

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Its as if he needs the team to present tap in chances for him to have an impact. If that’s the case then he’s not up to it surely? 

He needs service but he also needs to give those who should be providing him with the service the chance to do so. His movement is a big part of it and that's how most good strikers find themselves with chances. 

He is still adjusting to a new style of game and new teammates though, so I think a small allowance has to be made for that. 

I wasn't enthusiastic about his signing before we signed him and I'm still very much on the fence about him, I'm prepared to give him more time though. 

Ramirez is a difficult one to gauge.  He seems to be constantly running (to the point he is breathing out his arse 60 minutes onwards), and seems to what on the face of it looks intelligent plays of defenders.  He is just not fed the ball, or if he is, he's offside by the time he is.  Which makes me wonder, are the runs particularly intelligent...  When the alternate is the ball coming in to his feet/chest and him having nothing to do with it or him not controlling it, there just doesn't seem to be much going right for him.  Or he's not very good.  What is clear is that right now, the way we are set up and playing, he isn't offering enough to merit a place in the lineup.  That said, neither is JET and Watkins isn't available.  Who else are we going with there?  Long balls to Samuels?

One final thing, his free header at the corner on Saturday is about as bad as you will see.  

36 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

Ramirez is a difficult one to gauge.  He seems to be constantly running (to the point he is breathing out his arse 60 minutes onwards), and seems to what on the face of it looks intelligent plays of defenders.  He is just not fed the ball, or if he is, he's offside by the time he is.  Which makes me wonder, are the runs particularly intelligent...  When the alternate is the ball coming in to his feet/chest and him having nothing to do with it or him not controlling it, there just doesn't seem to be much going right for him.  Or he's not very good.  What is clear is that right now, the way we are set up and playing, he isn't offering enough to merit a place in the lineup.  That said, neither is JET and Watkins isn't available.  Who else are we going with there?  Long balls to Samuels?

One final thing, his free header at the corner on Saturday is about as bad as you will see.  

Sounds like he would benefit from us hiring a strikers coach 

Ramirez needs a rest for a week or two. The guy looks knackered with all the aimless running around he's having to do playing up front on his own. He looked much better the first few games when we played JET up alongside him. Since then any time JET's been on the pitch he seems to just stand about on the half way line. Samuels basically stands on the touchline. So it's all very well saying we played with 3 forwards, but it's still basically 1 isolated player up front. Ramirez doesn't have any pace, but I believe his movement is good and he takes up good positions in the box etc - he needs someone closer to him to link up with, and he probably needs a goal to boost his confidence. He could also do with other players in the team scoring goals to take some of the pressure off him.

9 hours ago, DelMonte said:

I think he's firmly in the Ally McCoist style... largely a poacher with limited range. 

I've lost count of the number of times he's right there, running into the 6 yard box, only for the attempted through ball or, more often cross, failing to beat either the defender or the goalkeeper. 

I think our plodding style of build-up doesn't entirely suit someone with Ramirez' style of play, admittedly.

Duncan Shearer was a similar penalty box striker, but to be honest I think he'd struggle with this team inna.  

14 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I think he's firmly in the Ally McCoist style... largely a poacher with limited range. 

I've lost count of the number of times he's right there, running into the 6 yard box, only for the attempted through ball or, more often cross, failing to beat either the defender or the goalkeeper. 

I think our plodding style of build-up doesn't entirely suit someone with Ramirez' style of play, admittedly.

Duncan Shearer was a similar penalty box striker, but to be honest I think he'd struggle with this team inna.  

Thing is, Glass recruited Ramirez so must have known the type of striker he was? I agree with the points your making but seems totally bizarre we've spent a fortune on Ramirez salary (He was on $1M I think over there) but not bothered to recruit the players that would actually help him score the goals we need? Or did our entire tactical plan hinge on Hedges actually staying fit, something he's never done before?

43 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I’ve lost count the amount of times a ball has been fizzed across the box and he’s arrived a fraction too late. 

46 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Id be happy if he was half as good as Super Ally. 

Cunt regularly banged in 30 plus goals a season. 

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

McCoist was lightyears ahead of Ramirez, bloody hell