Christian Ramirez

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Culture change???

Most Americans would love the opportunity to come to Scot Land

Only for a couple of weeks then they head back to the land of opportunity. Ramirez has made a Roger Hunt of it by signing up for 2 seasons. 
Poor guy will probably head back an alcoholic, smoking 60 a day and have nothing to show for his stint except illness.

12 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

As was I kelto. A person with dual citizenship is someone who has the right to be disappointed in two countries.

Ever use the Christopher Hitchens line when talking to the natives? Something like "I am more of an American than you- you are one by accident of birth, but I chose to be American."

? and I'm routinely saddened by both. 

I do have to periodically remind people that I had to pass a test to be an American, and if they, as natural born Americans,  sat the same test they'd likely fucking fail it. 

Used to go down to the Immigration offices in Detroit, mean bastards they were... used to dealing with folk who didn't speak a word of English... and they'd be, "DO... YOU... SPEAK... ENGLISH?"

"Better than you do, ye cunt." 

On 10/4/2021 at 9:52 PM, Tzvetanovs hair said:

Fair play to the guy and his family for trading trips to places like Universal Studios and Disney World for trips to Codonas.

At least codonas will be half an hour away for him as opposed to a 15 hour drive. ?

Universal studios and Disney world. LOL.

On 10/4/2021 at 10:00 PM, RUL said:

I did wonder that too, the quality of living must be horrendous compared to what he was used to before. Must be mentally draining.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, have you ever been to any US cities?

They are generally drug riddled, gang infested shitholes with zero character, bar the odd exception.

Even those will have their serious crime issues.

Jesus min.

"horrendous"

"mentally draining"

:clangers2:

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

He's already one goal away from equalling the combined total of goals scored last season by Cosgrove, Hornby, Hendry and Kamberi.

Overall he's been decent. Hopefully Hedges and Watkins are back soon as I think he'll do well alongside them.

I do think he's a better player than Cosgrove (which wouldn't be hard). Having one or two of the creative players back in the team will probably help, but the system doesn't suit him. He needs a strike partner. On top of that he needs a break, and he needs some competition for his place in the team - the fact we literally have zero other out and out strikers at the club means he can't have a break (he can't even really be subbed off) and he has no competition for his place. JET is not able to play up front on his own, and I don't really see Samuels being intelligent enough to do it either, and the only other option is Watkins who seems to have been injured since he arrived, and also isn't a proper centre forward.

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

I do think he's a better player than Cosgrove (which wouldn't be hard). Having one or two of the creative players back in the team will probably help, but the system doesn't suit him. He needs a strike partner. On top of that he needs a break, and he needs some competition for his place in the team - the fact we literally have zero other out and out strikers at the club means he can't have a break (he can't even really be subbed off) and he has no competition for his place. JET is not able to play up front on his own, and I don't really see Samuels being intelligent enough to do it either, and the only other option is Watkins who seems to have been injured since he arrived, and also isn't a proper centre forward.

The fans know he needs a strike partner but dumb and dummer or Fred and barnie rubble who are in charge don’t.   Fred should go into the toothpaste business and barnie should  become a barman, but would he be trusted with the glass-es.  

5 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

At least codonas will be half an hour away for him as opposed to a 15 hour drive. ?

Universal studios and Disney world. LOL.

:rolleyes:

Seriously, have you ever been to any US cities?

They are generally drug riddled, gang infested shitholes with zero character, bar the odd exception.

Even those will have their serious crime issues.

Jesus min.

"horrendous"

"mentally draining"

:clangers2:

Not sure if you got the humour that was implied by noting places like Universal Studios in the same sentence as Codonas for places to take your kids.  I'm sure a soccer star could push it to get flights and a weekend in these places compared to an afternoon at the 2p machines.  

Never really said America was not a shit hole either, I think it is.

We even had birds like Ash Taylor's missus saying there wasnt much to do up here and hated it compared to cities down south.  Not that she is anything to gauge it on but it can be quite limited if folk are used to something bigger and better.

It would take some getting used to.

24 minutes ago, Tzvetanovs hair said:

Not sure if you got the humour that was implied by noting places like Universal Studios in the same sentence as Codonas for places to take your kids.  I'm sure a soccer star could push it to get flights and a weekend in these places compared to an afternoon at the 2p machines.  

Never really said America was not a shit hole either, I think it is.

We even had birds like Ash Taylor's missus saying there wasnt much to do up here and hated it compared to cities down south.  Not that she is anything to gauge it on but it can be quite limited if folk are used to something bigger and better.

It would take some getting used to.

If you take a nosey at his Instagram he's already been down to the south of England to Peppa Pig Land. That pisses all over anything the yanks have to offer.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

If you take a nosey at his Instagram he's already been down to the south of England to Peppa Pig Land. That pisses all over anything the yanks have to offer.

Aye, London is only an hour away.

Plenty stuff to keep them amused across the UK on the kinda money Ramirez is probably on. 

The UK will feel like a small state to him 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Plenty stuff to keep them amused across the UK on the kinda money Ramirez is probably on. 

True enough. 

Multiple major European capitals within a few short hours flight from ABZ, Paris... Berlin, Rome, Athens, whatever the capital of Portugal is... 

spacer.png

On 10/4/2021 at 6:52 PM, Tzvetanovs hair said:

He's trying and does have goals in him at this level.  I wonder how he feels now regarding how the football is going compared to what he was sold / told in contract talks.  Those first few games will have had him buzzing and will feel like years ago.  Seems a real positive guy and hopefully that doesn't drain out of him like it appears to do for a lot of our players.

In a team with more fluid and less predictive movement he would score loads of goals. Sadly, that team is not us..

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

BOD is just a short drive away. 

That's if he hasn't settled in that that fine prestigious area.