Christian Ramirez

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He's not half as bad in general play as many say. 

He's taken needless stick and been our best player this season along with CalRam. 

He linked up well with Watkins today (who was immense.) 

Give it give it give it to Christian Ramirez 

I don’t get this idea that he’s not good in general play. He has a great first touch and pass and works like fuck on his own up front for the 90 mins with fuck all service.

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, minijc said:

Looks like he works harder than Rooney did, hopefully him and Watkins get a good partnership going.

Seems like the stereotypical American footballer... limited ability (not out of the ordinary for an Aberdeen player), very hard working, and is good at his role within the context of the first two points. 

Seems an obvious point, but the more service he gets the more times he'll it the net, because he's always getting into good goalscoring positions. Almost got a second today but the ball in was a yard ahead of his run. 

Was the fall guy for a few folks the last couple of months and he'll likely continue to be so, even though he's far from being the problem. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

From what I've seen, he does work pretty hard when we don't have the ball.

He seems to be a superb finisher, instinctive, when it arrives at him and he doesn't have time to think.

The few occasions for example, when he's been 1 on 1 with keeper he has nae manged to produce the finish.

Overlooking that tho, he's definitely a decent penalty box predator.

Has scored some nae bad goals for us and the odd scrappy, be in the right place at the right time, efforts.

I think that means I'm quite happy with him.

Especially given how we have been struggling to get results.

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He's taken needless stick and been our best player this season along with CalRam. 

Fuck it I’m on board. 

Unlike Cosgrove and Rooney, he scores most of his goals from play and not the penalty spot.

2 more goals and he will equal the goals total scored last season by Main, Cosgrove, Hornby, Kamberi, Hendry and Anderson.

Currently he's on track to equal/better Sam Cosgrove's personal best of 23 goals in one season with us.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Watkins is a very positive player. 

Excellent ball carrier. Best player on the park today.

Think he played through an injury as well from the first half, for the sake of the team. 

Guest milne_afc
Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

See, a 1-0 win against Hibs and It's all 'cuddly bum fuck'.  We're so fickle . 

Our billionaire Chairman has galvanised the club and support 

The overwhelming feeling in the stadium was relief. 

The second half showed how average we actually are. Couldn't get a hold of the ball to save our lives. Longstaff is a distinctly average player, looks a run of the mill SPFL. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The second half showed how average we actually are. Couldn't get a hold of the ball to save our lives. Longstaff is a distinctly average player, looks a run of the mill SPFL. 

I put the second half down to nerves. The players will have been desperate to hold onto the win and will have perhaps rushed things when a bit more composure would have been required. 

They'll be better for getting this monkey off of their backs.

13 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Lil harsh.

Assume we desperately tried to hold on to 3 points & Hibs desperately tried to get them back in it but from all accounts it seems we pretty much handled it, which is impressive enough for me, all things considered of late. Step in right direction but means fk all if we capitulate to Huns.

1 hour ago, REDRODDIE said:

Lovely goal today and he worked his balls off. Had that Ant Middleton impersonator at CB for the hibees riled right up. Well done Christian. 

That was McGregor ex-hun and just a thug. Never noticed this at the game, but just watched it on Alba. When the thug gets sent off right at the end and trots off, Ramirez offers to shake his hand and gives him a big cheesy grin. Fantastic. 

51 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

What I like about Longstaff is that he tries to move the ball quickly and move off it. Something we really lack.

Too quick sometimes.

3 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Totally correct. Embarrassing the stick he's had 

12 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Miller made that comment as well.  Couldn’t decide if it was a rushed fuck up or a quick move of the ball to an area where a player should have been.

Former for me