Christian Ramirez

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

Ramirez can score, hold the ball up, bring others into play, press defenders. We’ve had quite a few strikers over the years who could do one or two of these things, but not all of them.

He’s quickly winning the doubters from when he signed round.

Haha

I like Ramirez but its amazing how the tune changes on this forum depending on results. Seen plenty of games where he looks absolutely useless holding the ball up or bringing others into play! Lets hope he keeps it all up though

14 hours ago, ullevi said:

I have never understood the fascination with Stavrum, he never figured out the offside rule and then engineered a move away by saying he was going to his grannies funeral only to arrive in turkey to sign for Besiktas!!! A total and utter fraud. 

o and he had a terrible perm as well

He very much had it figured out. Played on the line. A lot of his goals game from this tactic.

17 goals in that shite Skovdahl side in 1 season!

Seems to be a classic poacher.

No 70 yard thunderbolts, or mazy dribbles through bamboozled defences, but he consistently loses his man, gets into good positions, and taps it into the net. 

With support he'll score a fuck-ton in this league. 

Reminds me of McCoist, except Ramirez has better skill, higher workrate, and he's not a fucking shitbag. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Seems to be a classic poacher.

No 70 yard thunderbolts, or mazy dribbles through bamboozled defences, but he consistently loses his man, gets into good positions, and taps it into the net. 

With support he'll score a fuck-ton in this league. 

Reminds me of McCoist, except Ramirez has better skill, higher workrate, and he's not a fucking shitbag. 

This sums it up well. He's certainly the most intelligent striker we have had in a long time. Absolutely no luck in the positions he find himself in, his movement is great and something we have lacked for years. 

2 hours ago, Terrorfex said:

Superb performance from the Red, White and Blue today. Only an unbelievable save from Gordon and an arm stopped him getting on the scoresheet. 

He must be feeling very confident right now. Back heels, nice flicks.. the composure to take that touch before the shot saved by Gordon was top notch. 
Also great gesture after the match going over to a youngster with a Ramirez sign in the RDS. 

He's a clever player, and isnt lacking the confidence to try little tricks, or unorthodox moves. When he was boxed in by two Jambo defenders his little backheel immediately set up another scoring opportunity.

I figured he'd be the stereotypical US player, limited but athletic, hard working, and someone who listens and learns from his coaches... which he is, but his intelligence and ability are genuinely a cut above what I expected.

Great signing.

• Upvote 2
50 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

He's a clever player, and isnt lacking the confidence to try little tricks, or unorthodox moves. When he was boxed in by two Jambo defenders his little backheel immediately set up another scoring opportunity.

I figured he'd be the stereotypical US player, limited but athletic, hard working, and someone who listens and learns from his coaches... which he is, but his intelligence and ability are genuinely a cut above what I expected.

Great signing.

Bit of Columbian in there innit

12 hours ago, slippers said:

See that Glass is tipping him for a recall to USA squad. I thought that was a ridiculous notion but I had a quick look at the strikers in the squad and while I don’t know any of them the majority are based in MLS and certainly aren’t world beaters! 

USA are poor. I think it would be best if he didn't get called up, travelling would be a nightmare. Hopefully he just keeps banging them in for us.

On 10/28/2021 at 5:35 PM, RUL said:

Think folk forget how good Stavrum was to be fair, and Rooney at his peak. Ramirez looks like being at that kind of level. Some find by whoever it was that scouted him.

I agree. We have had to put up with some terrible strikers but the 3 mentioned above got/get goals….proper strikers.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Quality of chances. I think a penalty, for example, is about 0.75. 

It's definitely not an exact science but, IMO, it's useful to help in the assessment of how clinical a striker is, 

Im sure you'll think it's stupid though. 

It’s definitely stupid if they’re expecting main to score ?