Christian Ramirez

People were quick to slag off our only real danger in front of goal. The only natural striker in the first team. He certainly prefers JET in the team along with Hedges and Watkins. 
We are lucky to have a striker of his finishing ability and I hope we keep playing with a lot more attack minded players once everyone is fit. 
Ramirez is class and is a very humble guy.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

11 goals and 0 pens too. Would be on 14 if he converted the pens Lewis has. 

He's already scored more goals than the combined total scored by Main, Hornby, Kamberi, Anderson, Cosgrove and Hendry last season. 

Ramirez is only 12 goals away from equalling Cosgrove's best goal tally of 23 in one season.

Rooney and Cosgrove scored more than half of their goals from the penalty spot. 

Ramirez is most definitely the best striker we've had since the mid 90s.

• Upvote 2
40 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

People were quick to slag off our only real danger in front of goal. The only natural striker in the first team. He certainly prefers JET in the team along with Hedges and Watkins. 
We are lucky to have a striker of his finishing ability and I hope we keep playing with a lot more attack minded players once everyone is fit. 
Ramirez is class and is a very humble guy.

I like his attitude as he always seems to be enjoying himself. Saw him and Hayes leaving the pitch yesterday and they were having a good old laugh about something.

13 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

I like his attitude as he always seems to be enjoying himself. Saw him and Hayes leaving the pitch yesterday and they were having a good old laugh about something.

He has been a great signing from the USA…I hope we look at others from there who have nothing to do with Atlanta.

Probably the best penalty box striker we've had since Duncan Shearer. 

Shearer was the better striker, but I think Ramirez is the better player. More mobile, and his link-up play is better. 

The two of them share the ability to consistently lose their marker and somehow just make a shit ton of space for themselves inside the box. Thus far Ramirez has shown himself to be the master of the tap in, which sounds like faint praise, but it's the work that goes into being in a position to tap them in in the first place that shows his value. 

Early days yet, but he''s hit the ground running and works like a dog for the team. 

Him and Broon without a doubt my two favourite players in this side. 

Walking in Ramirez Wonderland. 

Enjoy the hate on their faces at the 1 minute mark ??

• Upvote 1

Is there any danger that someone could come in with a bid for Ramirez in January, or in the summer, given how well he's settled in? 

I think he's a quality striker at our level, and now he has Watkins, Hedges and also JET working off him, we will see the best of him. He was struggling (understandably) when he was isolated up front.

57 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Is there any danger that someone could come in with a bid for Ramirez in January, or in the summer, given how well he's settled in? 

I think he's a quality striker at our level, and now he has Watkins, Hedges and also JET working off him, we will see the best of him. He was struggling (understandably) when he was isolated up front.

It's always the concern. 

He's the wrong side of 30 which might limit his appeal but if he bangs another 4 or 5 goals in before the last week in January then there might be a struggling Championship side who could use a reliable striker to try to dig them out of a relegation hole. I suspect we could afford to turn down a £2-3million bid but I'm not sure we would. And would the player himself be too chuffed at missing out on the chance to double what he earns with us if we did? 

If the bid was received in enough time for us to source a capable replacement I think we'd do the right thing by the player and let him go

26 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It's always the concern. 

He's the wrong side of 30 which might limit his appeal but if he bangs another 4 or 5 goals in before the last week in January then there might be a struggling Championship side who could use a reliable striker to try to dig them out of a relegation hole. I suspect we could afford to turn down a £2-3million bid but I'm not sure we would. And would the player himself be too chuffed at missing out on the chance to double what he earns with us if we did? 

If the bid was received in enough time for us to source a capable replacement I think we'd do the right thing by the player and let him go

He took a pay cut to join us tbf.

He’s made his money he just wants to play for the dons in bonny scotchland 

2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Shearer was the better striker, but I think Ramirez is the better player. More mobile, and his link-up play is better. 

The two of them share the ability to consistently lose their marker and somehow just make a shit ton of space for themselves inside the box. Thus far Ramirez has shown himself to be the master of the tap in, which sounds like faint praise, but it's the work that goes into being in a position to tap them in in the first place that shows his value. 

Early days yet, but he''s hit the ground running and works like a dog for the team. 

Come on now ffs. 
You are being very disrespectful to a great striker IMO. Just because we have suffered so much shite in general since.

Ramirez is very good but come on te fk

Maybe fair to compare him to Rooney in the way you are. In terms of right place right time & goals types. Similar abilities in that context too. 

I would have Shearer back any day even for both Rooney AND Ramirez if they were to take Shearers wage combined between them both 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Come on now ffs. 
You are being very disrespectful to a great striker IMO. Just because we have suffered so much shite in general since.

Ramirez is very good but come on te fk

Maybe fair to compare him to Rooney in the way you are. In terms of right place right time & goals types. Similar abilities in that context too. 

I would have Shearer back any day even for both Rooney AND Ramirez if they were to take Shearers wage combined between them both 

Not at all... Shearer is one of my all time favourite Dons players. He was a genuine, bona fide, natural born striker... I believe Miller was cited as saying, "Just get the ball to him inside the box and he'll finish it." There have been few forwards I've seen in a Dons shirt who were better at hitting the target... and that's what he was paid for. 

Ramirez is similar inasmuch as you want to get the ball to him in the box... He's not like a Gilhaus or a Nicholas who will beat 6 players from outfield before curling a shot into the top corner. 

Shearer undoubtedly the better striker for my money, but Ramirez has some clever, clever shit in his locker when it comes to handing the ball off, while Shearer was never renowned for his outfield play. 

Shearer - Powerful and deadly

Ramirez - Clever and not quite as deadly, but still deadly. 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Lovely compilation of goals there for big Duncan. Some other corners not made it into that reel. Lethal in the box, great player for us.

Pleased with Ramirez, and I think we're seeing the better of him now that Watkins and Hedges are staying fit.

56 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Think if he keeps banging them in all season, we'll likely get a decent fee for him in the summer.

Have a feeling that's been the whole long term thinking when we first signed him.

No chance. He’s at an age where that ship has sailed surely. 

For what it’s worth, I’m not convinced he’s any better than a good SPFL striker.

On 12/5/2021 at 10:05 PM, King Street Loon said:

Lovely compilation of goals there for big Duncan. Some other corners not made it into that reel. Lethal in the box, great player for us.

Pleased with Ramirez, and I think we're seeing the better of him now that Watkins and Hedges are staying fit.

Big Dunc’s goal against the huns in the League Cup final  .....fuckin outstanding.. Left Gough looking like he was trying to do an impossible move in Twister and Goram looking like he’d been asked to do the 2 times table

41 minutes ago, redone said:

Big Dunc’s goal against the huns in the League Cup final  .....fuckin outstanding.. Left Gough looking like he was trying to do an impossible move in Twister and Goram looking like he’d been asked to do the 2 times table

Have you got a link to this goal?  

It’s ok, found it on YouTube. 

Big Dunc himself on Ramirez...

"Ramirez, by comparison, was an unknown – but he has been a big success story in the season so far.

With five games left to play before the winter break on January 2, I’m hoping he can at least hit the 15-goal mark before the shutdown.

If his team-mates can provide the service, then there’s every chance he can be a 20-plus striker for Aberdeen this season. I’ll be disappointed if he isn’t."