Christian Ramirez

8 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Yes, the comparison with XG reflects the efficiency, not the XG number.

The XG number merely represents a factor of how good the opportunities that have been created for the striker

Yeah that's what I meant but worded it badly. 

It's fine that he's efficient but again it's the number of goals and wins that matter. 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yeah that's what I meant but worded it badly. 

It's fine that he's efficient but again it's the number of goals and wins that matter. 

It’s more than fine that he is efficient. By that table the best in the league.

What would be ideal is if the team could create more and increase the XG number

15 hours ago, RUL said:

Thought he was back to playing everywhere but where he's meant to today. 

Hardly a surprise as the final ball was mostly well overhit yesterday. Not sure what else Ramirez could have done during the 90 as we didn’t really create anything. At no point did the ball go into the box and it was a great ball that he should have been on the end of. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

He did very well getting that boy sent off. Just before the incident he went right into the big defender with his elbows shaking him up. That’s what caused the stand off. He’s a great wind up merchant. 

Does it with a great big glaikit grin on his face as well ?

3 hours ago, NEM said:

Does it with a great big glaikit grin on his face as well ?

Haha aye, he's got classic facial expressions - always very exaggerated. 

I thought Watkins was pretty anonymous against United and it felt like Ramirez was just up there on his own again running around like a bit of a headless chicken at times. Hopefully just an off-day for Watkins as he's been generally very good, and has greatly benefitted Ramirez

• 2 weeks later...

People were quick to slag off our only real danger in front of goal. The only natural striker in the first team. He certainly prefers JET in the team along with Hedges and Watkins. 
We are lucky to have a striker of his finishing ability and I hope we keep playing with a lot more attack minded players once everyone is fit. 
Ramirez is class and is a very humble guy.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

11 goals and 0 pens too. Would be on 14 if he converted the pens Lewis has. 

He's already scored more goals than the combined total scored by Main, Hornby, Kamberi, Anderson, Cosgrove and Hendry last season. 

Ramirez is only 12 goals away from equalling Cosgrove's best goal tally of 23 in one season.

Rooney and Cosgrove scored more than half of their goals from the penalty spot. 

Ramirez is most definitely the best striker we've had since the mid 90s.

• Upvote 2
40 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

People were quick to slag off our only real danger in front of goal. The only natural striker in the first team. He certainly prefers JET in the team along with Hedges and Watkins. 
We are lucky to have a striker of his finishing ability and I hope we keep playing with a lot more attack minded players once everyone is fit. 
Ramirez is class and is a very humble guy.

I like his attitude as he always seems to be enjoying himself. Saw him and Hayes leaving the pitch yesterday and they were having a good old laugh about something.

13 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

I like his attitude as he always seems to be enjoying himself. Saw him and Hayes leaving the pitch yesterday and they were having a good old laugh about something.

He has been a great signing from the USA…I hope we look at others from there who have nothing to do with Atlanta.