Christian Ramirez

8 hours ago, Millertime said:

This guy is being so short-changed by our coaching staff

It's clear if given 3 chances, he will score 1 of them, roughly

So why are We not setting our team up better to supply him and work on his strengths?

So you are supporting my argument for what we should be expecting of a quality (for our league) level striker now? 
ie. 3 chances & maybe 2 of them should be on target & 1 a goal. Something Ramirez has been consistent with ?

Is this cunt bipolar? 

On 2/2/2022 at 8:21 AM, Millertime said:

This guy is a cancer in the team

He is a man down

"Give him service he will score"

Bullshit

It's not 1990

Teams don't play with poachers, he is absolutely invisible and is a man down 

13 hours ago, Millertime said:

So why are We not setting our team up better to supply him and work on his strengths?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4
On 2/1/2022 at 9:53 PM, Tord31 said:

Ramirez is decent enough. The manager, the tactics and some of the other players are a bigger problem

He's bloody ace.

Stirs up shit and rattles defenders, great finisher, always smiling and loves Jesus.

Best striker we've had since Frank McDougall IMO.

Believe he's on 15 goals this season. Doesn't take pens either. Given how complete shite we are I'd say that's a pretty fucking good return.

• Upvote 2
14 hours ago, Ke1t said:

He stays up front, his main strength, and has to feed on scraps, he gets shit for not being more involved. 

He gets frustrated and drops deep to see more of the ball, not his forte, and he gets shit for dropping deep. 

He'd be in a lose-lose situation if he wasn't putting the ball in the net despite all the obstacles put in his way. 

At some point every striker goes through an extended barren patch, and then he'll be the scapegoat once more. 

I'd like to see us pair him with Bez for a few games, just to see how that works out. 

Exactly what I said last week about him.

On 2/1/2022 at 9:21 PM, Millertime said:

This guy is a cancer in the team

He is a man down

"Give him service he will score"

Bullshit

It's not 1990

Teams don't play with poachers, he is absolutely invisible and is a man down 

17 hours ago, Millertime said:

LOL

You loved Lee Miller as well who was largely brutal, maybe fitba isn't for you? 

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, The Boofon said:

Best striker we've had since Frank McDougall IMO.

That's a fair old statement, considering since then we have had Shearer, Gillhaus, and Jess (first spell only - he was midfielder in his 2nd).

* Actually, I see Hans only scored 27 goals from 78 games in his 4 years with us. - that's a lower return than I'd expected to see.  (0.34 per game)

** So looking at the others, I see Jess scored 50 from 201 games in 1st spell, and then 30 from 113 games in his 2nd spell - meaning he was more prolific (slightly) from midfield.  (0.25 per game and   0.26 per game)

To complete the set, Shearer got 55  from 152 games  (0.36 per game) - not bad considering he came off the bench a lot towards the end of his time at the club (as far as I remember)

and I think Christian is currently 14 from 33 (0.42 per game)

So, maybe not such a "fair old statement" as I had first thought

Also, I should make it clear I am not having a pop at the guy, I am a massive fan of the happy Ramirez.

5 minutes ago, moray1903 said:

I would say so. He is in double figures and how many more could he have scored with the right service and not getting frustrated and dropping deep for the ball to often 

Thats what I mean though

He had 7 chances today and scored 1 goal (couldn't really miss, landed right on his nut)

Much more service does he need, is 1 goal from 7 chances good?

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Was it?

Is 1 goal out of 7 chances good?

I'm genuinely asking as I don't know myself 

Admittedly I didn’t watch the game to day  Millertime, but I don’t agree with your negativity towards Ramirez.

In my view there are much bigger issues, such a our defensive shambles, tactical frailties and arrogance, together with the fact our football operation have put in place the most lopsided squad with no obvious foil for Ramirez.

I think he’s a decent striker, and would be banging  them in for a properly functioning team, and actually his return in such a team which is so ponderous going forward is actually half decent. Not world class I grant you, but half decent nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

Admittedly I didn’t watch the game to day  Millertime, but I don’t agree with your negativity towards Ramirez.

In my view there are much bigger issues, such a our defensive shambles, tactical frailties and arrogance, together with the fact our football operation have put in place the most lopsided squad with no obvious foil for Ramirez.

I think he’s a decent striker, and would be banging  them in for a properly functioning team, and actually his return in such a team which is so ponderous going forward is actually half decent. Not world class I grant you, but half decent nonetheless.

Thing is, he is our sole striker and plays every single minute kf every game, so yeah, unless he is absolutely rotten he is if course going to score some goals

Shall I regurgitate the very apt RvN analogy again?

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The team had 6 shots on goal. One of which I clearly remember as Ferguson’s 

Ramirez is still a one in three level striker at this level & easily good enough. If he really missed six chances as you say then you might have an actual point but I don’t think Ramirez has ever missed 6 chances in one game let alone after scoring his first chance then doing so

I promise you, he had 7 chances today

8 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Was it?

Is 1 goal out of 7 chances good?

I'm genuinely asking as I don't know myself 

The team had 6 shots on goal. One of which I clearly remember as Ferguson’s 

Ramirez is still a one in three level striker at this level & easily good enough. If he really missed six chances as you say then you might have an actual point but I don’t think Ramirez has ever missed 6 chances in one game let alone after scoring his first chance then doing so

8 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I promise you, he had 7 chances today

Even if you desperately want to count offsides or half chances it doesn’t affect his overall stats of at least 1 in 3 which is not in the slightest worthy of any kind of negative focus when we have far more serious issues in the team. 
Ramirez is arguably working miracles in his position & you really should work harder on where you should be pointing your attentions 

You make one observation (more often that not misplaced) & you then desperately try to stick to it & hope it’s correct sometimes so you can say ‘I told you so’  when/if it rarely is relevant.

on this occasion it still isn’t relevant though either 

• Upvote 2
49 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Even if you desperately want to count offsides or half chances it doesn’t affect his overall stats of at least 1 in 3 which is not in the slightest worthy of any kind of negative focus when we have far more serious issues in the team. 
Ramirez is arguably working miracles in his position & you really should work harder on where you should be pointing your attentions 

You make one observation (more often that not misplaced) & you then desperately try to stick to it & hope it’s correct sometimes so you can say ‘I told you so’  when/if it rarely is relevant.

on this occasion it still isn’t relevant though either 

Ramirez has been the only real positive from this season so far, apart from Ramsay before he started believing the hype.

To slate Ramirez shows a lack of basic football understanding or outright attention seeking. I suspect both.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Terrorfex said:

Considering our issues scoring goals over the last two seasons, it's pretty incredible anyone is seriously suggesting a strike on 15+ is in any way deserving of negative focus given the current disaster and the other 10 on the pitch with him at any one time.

He can and should be scoring more

That's what I'm saying

Do you want the RvN analogy?