Christian Ramirez

45 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Amazing the criticism Ramirez gets on here!  Was brought in to score goals.  He's done that.  One of the few players that's doing his job to a reasonable level.

The absolute least of our problems!

To be honest, it’s pretty much one troll who is keeping this thread going for attention purposes. ‘King of the U-turn’ on almost everything he says. Tries to be the Piers Morgan of the forum. Pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

To be honest, it’s pretty much one troll who is keeping this thread going for attention purposes. ‘King of the U-turn’ on almost everything he says. Tries to be the Piers Morgan of the forum. Pathetic. 

He's not fishing/trolling... one thing about MT is that he is absolutely sincere.  He does believe in everything he posts 100%.

36 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

32 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

He's not fishing/trolling... one thing about MT is that he is absolutely sincere.  He does believe in everything he posts 100%.

I didn’t mention a name yet you immediately defended Millertime ?‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

????.

A guy who's not scoring goals.

Thank fuck we don't have that problem.

While Ronaldo was often outfought and outmuscled by the Saints defenders, throwing his arms up in frustration at times, he is the club's top scorer this season with 14 goals.

sounds familiar to the point I'm making 

just because someone is top scorer, when he Is THE focal point and plays all the time, doesn't mean they are absolved from any blame

RvN

7 minutes ago, Roberto said:

MT you've changed your tune so often on Ramirez, I actually don't think even you know where you are at with it.

You're either in or you're out, you can't just argue black one week then change it to white the next to go beige the following. Have an opinion and stick to it. It's wild now many times you change the opinion on Ramirez even in the last week.

Haha I know 

I think the conclusion is, he has been decent

But I think he is capable of much more

Hence my frustration 

What's the point about moaning about terrible players, focus is on those who are actually good players but not playing to their maximum

4 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

15 goals. 11 in league, 2 in Scottish Cup, 2 in Europe. With no penalties. 

We all wish our players could do better even if they are performing at a decent level. But to pinpoint on Ramirez when we have 10+ players performing worse is harsh. 

Correct. He's been excellent. A few folk desperate to criticise him. 

The st johnstone game a few months back when he missed a half chance and folk on here were fuming and calling him all sorts. A bizarre bunch. 

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Without his crucial goals/assists (not including goals which come from his involvement, just goals and assists) we would be 6 points worse off.

Going into game on Tuesday in 10th... 4 points off bottom.

Not really though because someone else would be playing, who might score more than 1 in 7 chances?

8 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Amazing the criticism Ramirez gets on here!  Was brought in to score goals.  He's done that.  One of the few players that's doing his job to a reasonable level.

The absolute least of our problems!

Fuck knows what kind of striker people expect to get that doesn't miss chances. 

Maybe we could spring 8 figures on a forward who misses slightly fewer opportunities, but at our  level Ramirez is giving us a very decent return on investment. 

There's a litany of positions in our squad that desperately needs addressed, but sure... let's start with the guy who's one of the league's top scorers.

:thumbup1:

• Upvote 2
9 hours ago, RUL said:

His record is decent but he did squander 3 brilliant opportunities. That lob, the horrendous touch from a through ball from ojo and the miss at the end. 

But he's scoring regularly and it's the lack of goals from other players which is killing us, plus how brutal we are defensively. 

See. My view on those misses is a lot less harsh than yours. Brilliant opportunities?

The lob…. He created it all for himself from nothing really & considering the conditions was unlucky it went wrong side of post.

The ‘horrendous touch’ from the Ojo ‘through ball’ that came at him more like a fkn shot than a ‘through ball’ 

The ‘miss’ at the end was a very well place shot across the keeper that was very well saved. 
Ramirez done his job well yesterday (like he more often than not, does) he was unlucky not to score a couple more yes but very harsh to say it like ‘he squandered brilliant chances’

• Upvote 1

Ramirez' goal was well taken. Only player attacking the ball in the box, and he bulleted it into the net. 

The lob was a half chance at best, where he was wrestling a defender, and had the keeper to beat.. it barely went wide. 

The shot at the death was on target, between the keeper and the ruck, and the keeper pulled off a great save. 

Again, not sure what the fuck people are expecting from the guy. 

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Ramirez' goal was well taken. Only player attacking the ball in the box, and he bulleted it into the net. 

The lob was a half chance at best, where he was wrestling a defender, and had the keeper to beat.. it barely went wide. 

The shot at the death was on target, between the keeper and the ruck, and the keeper pulled off a great save. 

Again, not sure what the fuck people are expecting from the guy. 

It's not "people", its solely Millertime