Christian Ramirez

3 minutes ago, Pye1903 said:

Thatsbwhat i was getting at. Poor service to him and the high ball that doesnt suit so basically a man down when they do that

Aye but the ball was played into him with his back to goal plenty of times and he was brushed off easily.  He's got to do a job for the team as well. 

The guy has done well in a poor side this season so I'm not knocking him. 

But let's not pretend he is great every game. Because he's not. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I thought his hold up play was poor today. 

I know that's not his greatest strength but he needs to do it better in games like that. It's not like he's a complete lightweight, he's got a decent physique. 

Looks like him & Dutchy are swapping/covering each other more under Goodwin. Dutchy was central more often today than normal 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I know that's not his greatest strength but he needs to do it better in games like that. It's not like he's a complete lightweight, he's got a decent physique. 

Yeah but got to consider the cart horse/Hearts like team he was playing today that basically sold ref on a foul for any time anyone came near them. 
That is the worst ref performance I think I have ever seen in terms of giving fouls (one sided) against absolutely nothing challenges sometimes even when if anything the foul should have gone other way at very most. It was almost like he had a bet on a Well win or draw. He was desperate to stop any kind of football from Aberdeen POV

just little things but Walsh was honking on some calls today that shouldn’t even merit any kind of stoppage of play

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah but got to consider the cart horse/Hearts like team he was playing today that basically sold ref on a foul for any time anyone came near them. 
That is the worst ref performance I think I have ever seen in terms of giving fouls (one sided) against absolutely nothing challenges sometimes even when if anything the foul should have gone other way at very most. It was almost like he had a bet on a Well win or draw. He was desperate to stop any kind of football from Aberdeen POV

Motherwell are a side full of big units. 

When they played at Pittodrie I was watching them warm up and just about every single player in their match day squad was 6ft plus. 

They'll make it a tough battle for anyone in our division. 

We did well to get out of there with a point when you consider the previous results against them and the factors leading up to the game. And some of the defensive errors during the game. 

I think we'll be a different kettle of fish next weekend. 

24 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

When they played at Pittodrie I was watching them warm up and just about every single player in their match day squad was 6ft plus. 

We did well to get out of there with a point when you consider the previous results against them and the factors leading up to the game. And some of the defensive errors during the game. 

Surely in games like that we need to get the ball down? 

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

Surely in games like that we need to get the ball down? 

Aye totally but the midfield weren't really getting a grip of the game. They worked hard but couldn't really get anything flowing. 

So then you're wanting your centre forward to help out by holding it so you can get up the pitch and support. 

I don't want this to sound like I'm bashing Ramirez because I'm not. He's got a tough gig in this team. 

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He’s a lightweight. If that’s not obvious yet I have no idea what you’ve been watching. 

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Everything that’s wrong with Scottish football (corruption aside). 

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, RUL said:

This. Ramirez has spent the entire season diving whenever someone comes near him. He needs to man the fuck up and learn the offside rule.

Yip. Needs to learn some dark arts. He’s a softy.

49 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Will a change to a 4-1-4-1 formation help him as we should get two central midfielders further forward with McCrorie sitting behind them?

Goodwin seems to like that formation. 

Up until January, Goodwin played a 3-4-2-1.

Saints fans criticised his stubbornness in sticking with it.

It was only after the winter break he changed them to a 4-2-3-1 with two cloggers, Gogic & Power in the “2”. 

11 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

The reason we struggle is lack of clean sheets. That is the biggest difference between the top 3 club and the current squad. Picking on a 15 goal scorer who does not get much  support or takes penalties plus is good with hold up play.. is bizarre.  

It is bizarre but no surprise. We have some utter fucking mongoloids in our ranks

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Up until January, Goodwin played a 3-4-2-1.

Saints fans criticised his stubbornness in sticking with it.

It was only after the winter break he changed them to a 4-2-3-1 with two cloggers, Gogic & Power in the “2”. 

No need for a club like Aberdeen to have two holding midfielders in most domestic games.