Christian Ramirez

I think its pretty obvious that he's not suited to playing up top on his own. He needs someone up with him or a very good link player like we used to have in Christie.

But what other options do we have at the moment. Watkins is made of glass, jet is out of the picture and McLennan is pish.

He's being asked to play in a way that he's blatantly not suited to. His hold up play is really poor, but that's never been one of his strengths.

Sooner we address the striking situation in the summer the better. Another #9 to add competition and a #10 type player

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

I think its pretty obvious that he's not suited to playing up top on his own. He needs someone up with him or a very good link player like we used to have in Christie.

But what other options do we have at the moment. Watkins is made of glass, jet is out of the picture and McLennan is pish.

He's being asked to play in a way that he's blatantly not suited to. His hold up play is really poor, but that's never been one of his strengths.

Sooner we address the striking situation in the summer the better. Another #9 to add competition and a #10 type player

We need someone who can hold it up to play against the better teams and always will. 

39 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

We need someone who can hold it up to play against the better teams and always will. 

That's where we have to hope that the other striker brought in has that attribute in his locker.

But you lads pointing out constantly that Ramirez is no use at it. What's the point? We know it, fucking hell, Ramirez will know it and Goodwin will know it. But we've no option but to play him.

He's a penalty box striker, and a decent one at that. But I agree we could do with someone who can hold it up better. Hopefully addressed in the summer and he plays up top with Ramirez.

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

That's where we have to hope that the other striker brought in has that attribute in his locker.

But you lads pointing out constantly that Ramirez is no use at it. What's the point? We know it, fucking hell, Ramirez will know it and Goodwin will know it. But we've no option but to play him.

He's a penalty box striker, and a decent one at that. But I agree we could do with someone who can hold it up better. Hopefully addressed in the summer and he plays up top with Ramirez.

Just one of the things he’s no use at. List is growing longer every game. 

I'm not entirely sure what his strengths are. He works hard but doesn't really cause defenders problems, he doesn't bring others into play, I wouldn't say he was a particularly good finisher, certainly not fit to lace Rooney's boots. He's all round semi decent but of he is on the money some have stated then questions need asking. 

4 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Aye good post min. Glass, (doesn't feel right praising him) I thought was maybe on to something playing Besuijen in behind him and letting him doing all the running about at home to the Timd especially when as you say, options are extremely limited there.

Surprised they haven't tried it since.

4 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

What are his Strengths though, seriously

He is an absolute shitebag,  has zero pace and zero strength

Is it literally his ability to, if he is given 7 chances on a plate, score one of them?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, perthshirered said:

I'm not entirely sure what his strengths are. He works hard but doesn't really cause defenders problems, he doesn't bring others into play, I wouldn't say he was a particularly good finisher, certainly not fit to lace Rooney's boots. He's all round semi decent but of he is on the money some have stated then questions need asking. 

He doesn't "get it"

That was obvious from one of his early interviews 

"You guys take it very seriously over here"

Erm, yes,  we do, so get up to speed and adapt

Even his response to those who ripped him for his stupid tweet during the dortmund game

"Jees, didn't know I wasn't allowed to watch a game"

Thats the wrong response

He doesn't have the minerals and him bloody hiding protecting his head as hearts scored from that corner earlier on the week illustrates it perfectly

GTF 

• Upvote 2
On 3/5/2022 at 8:57 PM, DelMonte said:

Just one of the things he’s no use at. List is growing longer every game. 

He ballooned one over the bar v dundee utd. Watched him at Tynecastle, practicing the same shot in the warm up and still smashing it over the bar.

I agree with KSL, he's not someone able to play up top on their own. I think he will be gone in the summer, one of a number of changes.

On 3/5/2022 at 9:08 PM, perthshirered said:

I was just about to say he's a poor man's Rooney. Know who I'd rather have right now.

Interesting that Ramirez has actually overachieved so far in the league, scoring 3.1 more goals than he was expected to.  Hopefully Goodwin plays more to his strengths and works on getting him more support/leaving him less isolated so we can get him scoring again.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Interesting that Ramirez has actually overachieved so far in the league, scoring 3.1 more goals than he was expected to.  Hopefully Goodwin plays more to his strengths and works on getting him more support/leaving him less isolated so we can get him scoring again.

How do they work out these stats? Who decided how many goals he was "expected" to score? The way Glass and Cormack were going on at the start of the season I was expecting him to get about 30 goals.

I think he is a good striker - in the box he's a predator. Outside of the box he's too slow to be much use. He can't create a chance for himself and if you give him a one on one with a defender he's never getting past him. As everyone has realised since almost day one - he needs a strike partner to be more effective. Problem is we don't have another striker at the club. I reckon he'll probably go back to US in the summer - on a big wage and he's probably not enjoying it as much as he expected given that all his buddies have left now.

16 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

How do they work out these stats? Who decided how many goals he was "expected" to score? The way Glass and Cormack were going on at the start of the season I was expecting him to get about 30 goals.

I think he is a good striker - in the box he's a predator. Outside of the box he's too slow to be much use. He can't create a chance for himself and if you give him a one on one with a defender he's never getting past him. As everyone has realised since almost day one - he needs a strike partner to be more effective. Problem is we don't have another striker at the club. I reckon he'll probably go back to US in the summer - on a big wage and he's probably not enjoying it as much as he expected given that all his buddies have left now.

Quality of chance based on the area of the box where chances 'fall', he's had 49 shots this season, 20 on target 10 goals, he needs to work on hitting the target but at the same time we need to help him more especially when you see how isolated he has been at times.

My issue with all these opinions is a lot depends on his wage. Same applies to all these charlatans.

If Ramirez is on +£5k a week then he’s not giving us bang for buck. Just like people saying Ojo should get a new deal because he’s a good squad player is ridiculous when it’s said he’s one of our high earners. 

Hayes is obviously a high earner and he’s been shite since coming back so for me he can also go. If he was on £1800 a week I’d keep but he’s not.

Without being privvy to wages it’s hard to make a pure judgement. (Ojo on £1000 a week would still be a raw deal, however).

The new deal Devlin got is just mind blowing. That’s £120k minimum for 0 minutes of football this season plus all the associated medical costs.

15 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yeah good point, as a striker that thrives in the box he needs to do more to help the team, that's the answer, good one.

Yeah it is the answer. What use is a player who can’t contribute anything in attack apart from inside the box? A team at our level can’t be carrying someone like that. 

7 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Yeah it is the answer. What use is a player who can’t contribute anything in attack apart from inside the box? A team at our level can’t be carrying someone like that. 

He's isolated and we aren't doing enough as a team in attack, add in that he now has to work more playing in a way he isn't suited for it I would say it makes more sense to play to his strengths.  Get in someone to play off of, don't rely on him running the channels and trying to battle 2 or 3 defenders as a lone striker, it hampers him and it hampers the team. 

The team needs to do more, we need to be set up in a manner that gets the best out of players, especially the attackers, also our players need to pass more, only 1 player is in the top 10 players of the league with passes in the final third of the pitch, that stinks, no players in the top 20 when it comes to 'key' passes, right now the team is set up to fail, yes we needed to tighten the defence but you can't win games if you don't create chances or get the best out of your attacking players.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, minijc said:

He's isolated and we aren't doing enough as a team in attack, add in that he now has to work more playing in a way he isn't suited for it I would say it makes more sense to play to his strengths.  Get in someone to play off of, don't rely on him running the channels and trying to battle 2 or 3 defenders as a lone striker, it hampers him and it hampers the team. 

The team needs to do more, we need to be set up in a manner that gets the best out of players, especially the attackers, also our players need to pass more, only 1 player is in the top 10 players of the league with passes in the final third of the pitch, that stinks, no players in the top 20 when it comes to 'key' passes, right now the team is set up to fail, yes we needed to tighten the defence but you can't win games if you don't create chances or get the best out of your attacking players.

Not sure I agree but short term it’s an alright point.

Longer term, let’s get this weakling to fuck and get a striker who can handle this league.

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Not sure I agree but short term it’s an alright point.

Longer term, let’s get this weakling to fuck and get a striker who can handle this league.

It's football so people opinions will always differ, I just find it a bit mad how much you hate him, you're not the only one but for me the club/manager should be looking at this data and working out how we can help him.  There's been a few games this season where he not had good games but he still works his arse off.  Personally I would have someone just off of him, Besuijen could work but I feel he'd be better working the wing putting in crosses, Watkins being back will add an extra dimension to the attack however I don't know how fit and ready he will be.

At the end of the day Ramirez has scored 15 goals this season, he's missed a couple but that happens, right now we are stifling him by having him play a role that doesn't suit him.

• Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, ferlaytio said:

My issue with all these opinions is a lot depends on his wage. Same applies to all these charlatans.

If Ramirez is on +£5k a week then he’s not giving us bang for buck. Just like people saying Ojo should get a new deal because he’s a good squad player is ridiculous when it’s said he’s one of our high earners. 

Hayes is obviously a high earner and he’s been shite since coming back so for me he can also go. If he was on £1800 a week I’d keep but he’s not.

Without being privvy to wages it’s hard to make a pure judgement. (Ojo on £1000 a week would still be a raw deal, however).

The new deal Devlin got is just mind blowing. That’s £120k minimum for 0 minutes of football this season plus all the associated medical costs.

There is no way Devlin will have been getting over 2k a week since signing his extension. He will have been on a minimal wage until he could prove his fitness. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

It's football so people opinions will always differ, I just find it a bit mad how much you hate him, you're not the only one but for me the club/manager should be looking at this data and working out how we can help him.  There's been a few games this season where he not had good games but he still works his arse off.  Personally I would have someone just off of him, Besuijen could work but I feel he'd be better working the wing putting in crosses, Watkins being back will add an extra dimension to the attack however I don't know how fit and ready he will be.

At the end of the day Ramirez has scored 15 goals this season, he's missed a couple but that happens, right now we are stifling him by having him play a role that doesn't suit him.

I don’t agree with the working his arse off bit. I think he flatters to deceive a lot and his “pressing” is lazy. Points and shouts at others to do it and then doesn’t himself. 

We are paying this guy a very very good wage by our standards so 15 goals is the absolutely minimum I’d expect. I’d rather a striker like Boyce who’s all round play is good and he chips in with goals. Hard to come by but the wages we are paying this guy I’d expect more. 

What strengths do you think we should play to? Being a poacher is hard to play to, we need a striker to help the attack in other ways IMO.

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I don’t agree with the working his arse off bit. I think he flatters to deceive a lot and his “pressing” is lazy. Points and shouts at others to do it and then doesn’t himself. 

We are paying this guy a very very good wage by our standards so 15 goals is the absolutely minimum I’d expect. I’d rather a striker like Boyce who’s all round play is good and he chips in with goals. Hard to come by but the wages we are paying this guy I’d expect more. 

What strengths do you think we should play to? Being a poacher is hard to play to, we need a striker to help the attack in other ways IMO.

He points at others because most of the time there's no one within 30 yards of him, absolutely pointless pressing by yourself when your teammates are not there triggering the next phase of the press.

Boyce is a good player but we couldn't sign him, we've signed someone in Ramirez that is doing the job he's suppose to despite the team not creating a lot recently.

For me, more so based off of the early to mid part of the season his hold up play was ok enough but that only works if we have guys close to him, many games recently we haven't been doing this, we saw how much better he looked when Watkins got up to speed and the two of them started to gain an understanding.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Ramirez will press a centre half who then passes to one of his teammates Ramirez then turns to see no one is doing the second press do of course he’s pointing at others to help him.
Many things you can say about his game but not working hard enough should’t be one of them I think. 

4 hours ago, minijc said:

By Christ if you think the team is set up to fail what did you think of Glass who actually had the team set up to fail with his high pressing full backs. Clown couldn't see that it didn't work for 3 months.

Only part I will agree is Ramirez does need more support but sadly the horrendous recruitment hasn't allowed for that. 

To be honest I couldn't care if he stays or goes, 15 goals is decent but in general he dies too little.