Christian Ramirez

4 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Joke player. Not even in the same conversation as Rooney and Cosgrove who were hardly world beaters.

there’s folk in this thread saying he needed a rest in fucking September as well. Fucking says it all. How can you expect to go an entire season with just 1 striker in your squad. 

This. 

Watching him sitting on the pitch at the end, head in hands, was vomit inducing. 

Imagine the incompetence of actually being in the position where we have no choice but to play him for 90 minutes every game. 

Just now, Millertime said:

Well yeah but he has had more poor games now than good, so, you know you can reassess your views on a player, yeah?

Of course and I'm taking various things in to consideration.  There are many players in this team that have had more poor games than good and various fans still rate those players.

7 minutes ago, minijc said:

Of course and I'm taking various things in to consideration.  There are many players in this team that have had more poor games than good and various fans still rate those players.

Can’t talk for anyone else but bar 2 or 3 exceptions I don’t rate any of them. Gutless shite and that sulky yank poof is climbing his way to the top of that list 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

It's not his fault. 

If his parents had better genes they would have given him better eyesight and reflexes to be able to bury that fairly easy chance in the second half. 

He had two good chances yesterday and made a cunt of them both. Did a good job waving his arms about and rolling on the ground though. He’s world class at that

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

He was poor but was given zero service yesterday. 

Come on.

He had two opportunities within tap-in distance and made a cunt of both. He should leave tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'm not talking about other players though,  I'm talking about ramirez

Yeah, he had a flying start and I loved him at the beginning too 

Last 20 games he has been stinking 

9 minutes ago, NEM said:

He had two good chances yesterday and made a cunt of them both. Did a good job waving his arms about and rolling on the ground though. He’s world class at that

Again not his fault. 

His boot manufacturers are clearly to blame for providing poor studs to render him unable to stay on his feet. 

And the arm waving is not his fault either. Its a mental health condition caused by having to play with such inferior team mates all season. 

We're asking him to play a game he's not suited for.  He's suited to a game where his team mates deliver a ball directly to his feet in positions where it is almost impossible for him to miss.  They only managed to do that twice yesterday and as already explained it wasn't Ramirez's fault he missed those chances. 

If we ask him to do anything else such as running, jumping, passing to a team mate or challenging for the ball then we just aren't playing to his strengths. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Believe me, I know

JET is awful, but Ramirez should not have had the game time he has had 

There has to be consequences to awful performances 

I'd agree with the proviso that there needs to be a viable alternative to allow those consequences to occur.

Ruth isn't viable and our (relatively) precarious league position means that experimenting with a youngster isn't going to happen at least until we are mathematically safe 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I'm not talking about other players though,  I'm talking about ramirez

Yeah, he had a flying start and I loved him at the beginning too 

Last 20 games he has been stinking 

Neither am I, I'm simply stating that many fans, rightly or wrongly rate players despite their form, you do, I clearly do, every cunt on this forum does it.

24 minutes ago, thurso said:

When he’s getting no proper service and drops deep to get involved of course he’s not going to score. Been the problem all season get someone up front with him and decent balls into the box he will finish but when was the last time we seen that happen 

He shouldn't be tracking back all the time though as the lone striker. Not once have I seen him create space , make intelligent runs for a midfielder to pick him out with through ball

1 hour ago, thurso said:

When he’s getting no proper service and drops deep to get involved of course he’s not going to score. Been the problem all season get someone up front with him and decent balls into the box he will finish but when was the last time we seen that happen 

Are you kidding? He was 4 yards from goal and too slow in attacking a gilt edged chance 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd agree with the proviso that there needs to be a viable alternative to allow those consequences to occur.

Ruth isn't viable and our (relatively) precarious league position means that experimenting with a youngster isn't going to happen at least until we are mathematically safe 

Ramirez hasn't scored in 16 league games, is it?

So what could have gone worse playing ruth?

1 hour ago, redstrummer said:

He shouldn't be tracking back all the time though as the lone striker. Not once have I seen him create space , make intelligent runs for a midfielder to pick him out with through ball

God knows why he even tracks back. He never wins a tackle and if the ball does come to him he loses it. And for all the falling over and waving his arms, I can't remember the last time he won a free kick. I've honestly never seen such an ineffective player.

Someone compared him to Stevie May. Apart from both not being able to score the similarities end there. May worked tirelessly, came deep, brought others into the game, ran with the ball and could beat a player. He just couldn't score. Ramirez does absolutely nothing. Fair enough we don't have another striker but doesn't mean we couldn't have given JET, Ruth, McGinn, Hedges, Kennedy, Watkins or anyone else a shot up there. Fuck we've played with McRorie at left centre back and Ojo at right back a lot of the season but never once tried to dump this muppet from the team.

3 hours ago, thurso said:

The problem is that when he drops deep he offers even less, he can't hold the ball up, he jumps about 17 seconds too early for almost every high ball, his pressing is just plain thick. The guys not a footballer.  

35 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

The problem is that when he drops deep he offers even less, he can't hold the ball up, he jumps about 17 seconds too early for almost every high ball, his pressing is just plain thick. The guys not a footballer.  

I do think there is a footballer in there. Just we haven't been able to utilise him properly - again a failure of Glass not recognising this and addressing it with another striking option or partner.

Suicide management and squad building. 

• Site Sponsor
2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Ramirez hasn't scored in 16 league games, is it?

So what could have gone worse playing ruth?

Agreed.

I liked Ramirez but since Glass got his jotters, he’s clearly not in the right frame of mind. 

He had a stinker yesterday and has been shite for several games (service or not). 

Ridiculous that we are in the position that we don’t have another striker other than youngsters to allow us to take him out of the firing line. 

As the  impressively shouldered Millertime says, what can be worse than dropping him to the bench and playing Ruth.

Ramirez needs to very quickly sort his head out or fuck off