Christian Ramirez

2 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Especially given Goodwin seems to think we only need 5 players in.

We need bloody 25.

He can't really come out and say we need 10, can he?  Officially only a few players have been told they are no longer needed, him coming out and saying he's needing 10 players would be bad for a few reasons, could also harm potential transfers that we have lined up too as teams/players could demand more money.

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

All that has to be caveated with the fact he's playing in one of the worst Dons teams for generations. 

Rooney and Cosgrove were lesser footballers but played in functional sides and took pens, so have really good records. 

Ramirez' record put into context is actually pretty decent. If I thought he had the hunger to be here and he was put on pens next season, I'd stick a bet on that he'd score 20+ goals next season, hoping everything went well recruitment wise. 

But aye, were the 3rd best team in terms of possession, but nowhere near that in terms of balls into the box, passes into the box etc. It's clear where the problems are.

Sorry, what? Rooney was a lesser footballer than Ramirez?!  How'd you come to that conclusion?

26 minutes ago, minijc said:

He can't really come out and say we need 10, can he?  Officially only a few players have been told they are no longer needed, him coming out and saying he's needing 10 players would be bad for a few reasons, could also harm potential transfers that we have lined up too as teams/players could demand more money.

Cormack said we work 2 transfers windows ahead and Goodwin is out today saying he wants all business done by the start of preseason, most of the work must be done..

12 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Cormack said we work 2 transfers windows ahead and Goodwin is out today saying he wants all business done by the start of preseason, most of the work must be done..

It was Mcinnes who said that we work 2 windows ahead, I assume things will have changed slightly with a new manager, I'll also be very surprised if we sign less than 7 players.

52 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Especially given Goodwin seems to think we only need 5 players in.

We need bloody 25.

Goodwin is fast running out of Good'will! He has to play 2 up front!! Watkins n Ramirez up top.

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Every manager wants to get their business done early. 

But realistically unless you're a very rich club it's not going to happen. 

Or you've already done all the deals to sign your mates and former players under the table.

3 hours ago, minijc said:

Ferguson and his rabble of cunts are far worse, his attitude too has been far worse as well except for 2 months around the Jan transfer window when he was happy and trying to play for his move away.

Pathetic blinkered response from you once again over your poster boy Ramirez.

Ferguson's attitude and effort on the pitch is head and shoulders, night and day whatever you want better than the sulking Ramirez. An embarrassing comparison to be frankly honest. 

7 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Pathetic blinkered response from you once again over your poster boy Ramirez.

Ferguson's attitude and effort on the pitch is head and shoulders, night and day whatever you want better than the sulking Ramirez. An embarrassing comparison to be frankly honest. 

Not blinkered in the slightest, he's clearly got you fooled then, from the end of August to the start of November he was a joke picked up his form from that point but after Jan it fairly dropped off again, there's plenty of other things that he's been up to that is far worse than anything Ramirez or his wife have done or said.

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

A couple of ways in which you're being monumentally stupid here. I'll help by pointing them out: 

1. I never said you need to know someone to have an opinion on them. That was all made-up in your wee brain. 

2. Invoking Vladimir Putin as some form of bizarre equivalence to a footballers wife. Deary me.  

You offended by that? Awww poor wee MT is offended because a woman said Americans are spoiled. 

Wee scone. 

You're the one getting all upset about what she's said. 

That doesn't even warrant a proper response

So I'll simply say, no, you're stupid

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, CCB III said:

I'll be buzzing if a 15 goal striker (doesn't take pens) leaves over the summer. 

FFS.

That "15 goal striker ", the same one who has only 10 out of 33 in the league whilst playing the vast majority of each of those 33 games?

Aye?

You must have absolutely loved Lee Miller then, even more 

Just now, Millertime said:

That "15 goal striker ", the same one who has only 10 out of 33 in the league whilst playing the vast majority of each of those 33 games?

Aye?

You must have absolutely loved Lee Miller then, even more 

Lee Miller had more than one use. 

He also had a strike partner to share some of the goal burden with. 

Every comparison you make is so bad. 

I'm not Ramirez's biggest fan but he has been hung out to dry by the club, which makes his huff at losing Glass bizarre considering it was Glass who put him in this no win situation!

He needs support and he does need a rest - Goodwin has got that correct. Going into a full season of football which at that time included European football, potential cup runs etc with ONE striker was an absolute cluster fuck of the highest order. Made even more bizarre considering we had a "brilliant" striker coach on the books who would help attract players to come and work with him. 

The whole season has been a mess from the off. The appointment of Glass was the catalyst of events that have spiralled into the demise of that squad.

Would I keep Ramirez? I probably would if he was willing to see out his remaining contract and up his work rate, and ensure that we got the right balance in place to play alongside him. Plus another to challenge said main strikers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
6 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I'm not Ramirez's biggest fan but he has been hung out to dry by the club, which makes his huff at losing Glass bizarre considering it was Glass who put him in this no win situation!

He needs support and he does need a rest - Goodwin has got that correct. Going into a full season of football which at that time included European football, potential cup runs etc with ONE striker was an absolute cluster fuck of the highest order. Made even more bizarre considering we had a "brilliant" striker coach on the books who would help attract players to come and work with him. 

The whole season has been a mess from the off. The appointment of Glass was the catalyst of events that have spiralled into the demise of that squad.

Would I keep Ramirez? I probably would if he was willing to see out his remaining contract and up his work rate, and ensure that we got the right balance in place to play alongside him. Plus another to challenge said main strikers. 

Actually agree with all of this ?

4 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

On that recent podcast he did it was Alan Russell was the reason he came here not Glass.