Christian Ramirez

Ah jump on the typo. Still never answered my point.

And why are you all questioning what we should demand from a striker? Those were the absolute basics. We've had players tick a lot of those boxes in the past. There's a lot of players currently in the league who tick a lot of those boxes. But for some reason you think it's unreasonable for us to want that?

Ramirez ticks one of those boxes and that's all. And unfortunately he stopped ticking that box from about November

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Ace observation is it. So well thought out. Why haven’t the management team just considered signing a striker who can do absolutely everything and is happy to do it for about 5k a week. We need to get this genius on board so he can let them know 

Got a striker on about 5k a week who can currently do absolutely nothing ?

10 hours ago, Parklife said:

Above criticism on the Hat though. Because mind he had a good 6 months (scoring about 3 goals) 2 years ago? 

Pathetic stuff. 

Watkins gets plenty criticism although possibly less than Ramirez because he hasn't chucked it and been stealing a wage for months.

3 hours ago, NEM said:

Watkins gets plenty criticism although possibly less than Ramirez because he hasn't chucked it and been stealing a wage for months.

He's been stealing a wage for much longer than that. Mainly because he's both made of glass and a bit shit. 

21 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Got a striker on about 5k a week who can currently do absolutely nothing ?

Aye but fucking hell maybe a bit of over simplifying by saying we should be looking at striker who sounds like he’d be even better than Haaland. 

it’s like saying why doesn’t the fort William manager realise he just has to get his team to score more goals than the opposition 

• Haha 1

Where is Watkins going to play if Goodwin persists with this 433 thing? He's clearly not suited to the central striker role, and I don't really see him as a winger - has anyone ever seen him cross a ball?! The guy's hardly ever fit, I think he's a bit of a waste of a wage.

I actually think Watkins and Ramirez would possibly have worked alright playing alongside each other upfront.

2 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Where is Watkins going to play if Goodwin persists with this 433 thing? He's clearly not suited to the central striker role, and I don't really see him as a winger - has anyone ever seen him cross a ball?! The guy's hardly ever fit, I think he's a bit of a waste of a wage.

I actually think Watkins and Ramirez would possibly have worked alright playing alongside each other upfront.

Maybe we could get rid of Watkins and bring in someone who isn't injured half the time. 

Must admit, I'm getting sick of watching Watkins coming off injured pretty much every week. 

He's a hard working player - definitely not a wage thief - but it seems a long, long time ago that he did something noteworthy in a game. 

I think he's definitely got a part to play if Goodwin can sign the right players, but having him play this line striker role is a complete waste of time. 

10 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I am a firm, vocal & long term believer that Watkins is, if you want to be a team in the top 3, nowhere near good enough. 

He's dining out on a decent first spell with us. However, that was also when Wright and Hedges were at their best. Not quite the same playing with Vinnie and Hayes. As you say, he's just not good enough this time around and very difficult to see him having an impact playing in a 4-3-3.    

20 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

He's dining out on a decent first spell with us. However, that was also when Wright and Hedges were at their best. Not quite the same playing with Vinnie and Hayes. As you say, he's just not good enough this time around and very difficult to see him having an impact playing in a 4-3-3.    

Didn't we sign him at the end of August and he got injured in October though? Basically he was decent for about 6 weeks. 

It is actually odd to look back on how well we were playing at the start of last season. Been the worst 18 months possible since

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Facebook. Somebody posted he was flying to LA this morning on a KLM flight (Unlikely they'd know that as the flight is going to Amsterdam.)

He'll not get his luggage if he is headed there.

Fingers crossed it goes missing, a bit like him since Glass got punted

• Haha 2