Christian Ramirez

16 minutes ago, Redtillimdead said:

He bailed out when the going was tough. Says all you need to know about him. A bottler. 

That's not true though. He was given leave to go home after we'd secured our survival. The going couldn't have been much less tough, all the hard work was done, it was just meaningless games left. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That's not true though. He was given leave to go home after we'd secured our survival. The going couldn't have been much less tough, all the hard work was done, it was just meaningless games left. 

I agree with this to an extent- I think he just needed a break after so many games and the club agreed. It's not ideal and certainly some players would have stayed to the bitter end but it's far from the big scandal people want to make out.

Despite that, I'd still be happy to see him move on tbh.

6 hours ago, Itsagoal said:

Let’s look at positives. Ramirez is back. He was out top scorer last year by far from open play. At the moment, we don’t have other strikers, so at least with him being back, at least we’ll have something up front. Yes, he’s not Ronaldo or Haaland, but we’re Aberdeen and these days Ramirez is probably as good a player as we can attract. Just think of the numerous dreadful forwards we’ve had to endure over the years and especially recently.  He’s in Aberdeen player; he’s back; let’s get behind and support him.

He chose to fuck off early. 

He can remain fucked off. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

He chose to fuck off early. 

He can remain fucked off. 

Ok, he can fuck off. Another player gone then. And our top scorer from open play. Folk crying because he went home early is pathetic. Goodwin approved this. Should he fuck off too. Ramirez is a dons player and dons fans should support him.

30 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

Ok, he can fuck off. Another player gone then. And our top scorer from open play. Folk crying because he went home early is pathetic. Goodwin approved this. Should he fuck off too. Ramirez is a dons player and dons fans should support him.

Ideally. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He's not out of his depth though. Not even close. He's one of the most effective goal scorers in the division. 

He's joint 7th top scorer in the league - behind Bruce Anderson and 2 ahead of Nicky Clark and Callum Hendry to put it in perspective. He's nae scored and been very poor in general since February when Glass was sacked. All the evidence seems to suggest he's out of his depth here. F

Factor in that his family's off, and I think you're pishing in the wind with this one 

8 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

He's joint 7th top scorer in the league - behind Bruce Anderson and 2 ahead of Nicky Clark and Callum Hendry to put it in perspective. He's nae scored and been very poor in general since February when Glass was sacked. All the evidence seems to suggest he's out of his depth here. F

Factor in that his family's off, and I think you're pishing in the wind with this one 

To play Devil's advocate, he didna try a leg for the final 3 months or so.A fit, and motivated Ramirez is a lot better than the players mentioned in your post.

The key question, is will he be interested having recharged over the Summer? 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

He's not out of his depth though. Not even close. He's one of the most effective goal scorers in the division. 

Absolutely agree Parky. He had a very sub standard team alongside him for the majority of the season. If (and it’s a major if) we can up the supply to him this season he will score plenty of goals for us.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, YorkDon said:

To play Devil's advocate, he didna try a leg for the final 3 months or so.A fit, and motivated Ramirez is a lot better than the players mentioned in your post.

The key question, is will he be interested having recharged over the Summer? 

He’s a family man, above all else, and his wife has already indicated she won’t be back to that 3rd world waste land in northern Scotland…

… I don’t understand folk saying ‘give him a chance’ or ‘get behind him’ … people need to stop kidding themselves, as this is only going to end one way!

We have a unhappy player, collecting a very large wage, that needs to be moved on so we can bring in replacements. We need to get this done soon - so we’re not parachuting his replacement in at the last minute and expecting them to hit the ground running without a preseason!

The current situation has all the hallmarks of a classic AFC clusterfuck in waiting… and as usual, we’ll be the losers!

greenbeer so I can revisit in a few months.

7 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

He's joint 7th top scorer in the league - behind Bruce Anderson and 2 ahead of Nicky Clark and Callum Hendry to put it in perspective.

None of whom are "out of their depth" either. 

He's nae scored and been very poor in general since February when Glass was sacked. All the evidence seems to suggest he's out of his depth here. F

Absolutely no evidence suggests that.

Not sure what that means tbh. All I've said is he's not out of his depth. 

9 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Not sure about Anderson but the other 2 take penalties, or at least have taken a penalty this season. If Ramirez took our penalties and had a 50% success rate he'd have been top scorer in the league by at least a couple of goals

8 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Everything since February points to him just nae cutting it at SPFL level - oot of his depth. Without question he's a good footballer. Just a shit professional who's out of his comfort zone

And everything between August and February suggests he's very effective at SPL level. Arguement for form works both ways.

The guy was offered an extended holiday from his employer as he had been working constantly for over a year. He took it and now he is being questioned about his integrity? We should question the club for offering this holiday rather than the person who took the holiday. 

This is the downside of casting our net wide to find new players as per the new transfer policy. Ronny Hernandez was homesick and didn't get to see his family due to covid and the Ramirez family also did not settle. 

3 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

The guy was offered an extended holiday from his employer as he had been working constantly for over a year. He took it and now he is being questioned about his integrity? We should question the club for offering this holiday rather than the person who took the holiday. 

This is the downside of casting our net wide to find new players as per the new transfer policy. Ronny Hernandez was homesick and didn't get to see his family due to covid and the Ramirez family also did not settle. 

The club never offered him a holiday in February but he took one anyway. Get him to fuck