Christian Ramirez

7 hours ago, DelMonte said:

So he’s coming back now? Why was he not in for day 1 of pre season like everyone else not involved in internationals? For the love of fuck ?

We must have failed to get someone mad enough to take on his huge salary.

The problem with AFC signing Americans is they more than likely have a manufactured Americanized/romantized idea of "Scotchland" as some sort of warrior "Braveheart" nation of kilt-wearing "freedom fighters" running around chasing live haggis in the atmospheric misty Highlands whilst battling "The English" for " frrrreeedddooooommmm".

Of course, the reality is literally the polar opposite; a cold, dark, rain-sodden land of subjugated small-minded parochial self-deluded arseholes, by and large, that despise everyone and everything that isn't "local", whilst also simultaneously believing the delusion of the Hollywood-manufactured version of themselves peddled by Mel Gibson and whisky-purveyors in Edinburgh.

And then, when they move here from 'merica, expecting said illusion, they find the depressing, mall-free, shite grey city centre reality. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, like Uncle Colm in Derry Girls, I quite like the depressing misery of life in Scotland, but I can well imagine the crushing despair of reality having made the move from 'merica. All the best, Chris. What's Laurent D'Jaffo up to these days? 

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 4
2 hours ago, Ando said:

The problem with AFC signing Americans is they more than likely have a manufactured Americanized/romantized idea of "Scotchland" as some sort of warrior "Braveheart" nation of kilt-wearing "freedom fighters" running around chasing live haggis in the atmospheric misty Highlands whilst battling "The English" for " frrrreeedddooooommmm".

Of course, the reality is literally the polar opposite; a cold, dark, rain-sodden land of subjugated small-minded parochial self-deluded arseholes, by and large, that despise everyone and everything that isn't "local", whilst also simultaneously believing the delusion of the Hollywood-manufactured version of themselves peddled by Mel Gibson and whisky-purveyors in Edinburgh.

And then, when they move here from 'merica, expecting said illusion, they find the depressing, mall-free, shite grey city centre reality. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, like Uncle Colm in Derry Girls, I quite like the depressing misery of life in Scotland, but I can well imagine the crushing despair of reality having made the move from 'merica. All the best, Chris. What's Laurent D'Jaffo up to these days? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Ando said:

I dunno. My 19 my 19  old daughter is over in Scotland now and loving it. Says she wants to go to Uni in Aberdeen. Only the dumb asses believe Braveheart was more than a fairy tale

4 minutes ago, Oregon Red said:

I dunno. My 19 my 19  old daughter is over in Scotland now and loving it. Says she wants to go to Uni in Aberdeen. Only the dumb asses believe Braveheart was more than a fairy tale

There are exceptions to every rule I guess, for every Ramirez wife there's a Teeside-loving Juninho and a Merseyside-loving fat Spanish waiter ?