Christian Ramirez

17 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Fuck off you prick. You can say you think he’s decent without the last bit where you talk like it’s fact. Look at the stats and you’ll see it’s up for debate.

His stats for goalscoring from open play is better than any Aberdeen player bar TWO from the past 20 years, and that despite him (and the rest of the team) only turning up for less than half a season. At our level he's clearly a good goalscorer.

7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

His stats for goalscoring from open play is better than any Aberdeen player bar TWO from the past 20 years, and that despite him (and the rest of the team) only turning up for less than half a season. At our level he's clearly a good goalscorer.

Lol two now is it? 

Mackie scored 10 or over goals in the league twice. Is he a good goalscorer too? Or have our strikers just been shite for 20 year? 

4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Lol two now is it? 

Mackie scored 10 or over goals in the league twice. Is he a good goalscorer too? Or have our strikers just been shite for 20 year? 

15 is more than Darren Mackie ever scored in a season..

Mackie scored a grand total of 69 in 364 games (1 in every 5.25) and also took some penalties. Ramirez doesn't take penalties and has scored 18 in 49 (1 in 2.7).... not really a valid comparison Del.

29 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Mackie scored a grand total of 69 in 364 games (1 in every 5.25) and also took some penalties. Ramirez doesn't take penalties and has scored 18 in 49 (1 in 2.7).... not really a valid comparison Del.

10 in the league is the comparison. Not counting the other competitions as it becomes a bit hard to tell who’s scored against part time opposition etc. 

Lee Miller also managed more than 10 league goals in a season twice.

You can keep repeating your shite stat over and over but if you break it down the real truth is there. 

4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

10 in the league is the comparison. Not counting the other competitions as it becomes a bit hard to tell who’s scored against part time opposition etc. 

You can keep repeating your shite stat over and over but if you break it down the real truth is there. 

Cosgrove must also have scored more than 10 league goals during his 20 month purple patch? 

And Rooney must have done it more than once? 

29 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

So only league goals count now... fair enough. In that case Mackie had 58 in 313 (1 in 5.3), Ramirez has 10 in 36 (1 in 3.6). Lee Miller had 29 in 119 (1 in 4.1) So even on league goals he's still better than both. Rooney (1 in 2.3) and Cosgrove (1 in 2.5) both have a better average but were playing in significantly better teams and also included a shitload of penalties (Cosgrove 19 penalties for Aberdeen, Rooney 22)

Look you don't like him and think he's not a good goalscorer, i do. Lets leave it at that.

29 minutes ago, Roberto said:

My annoyance with this thread now is the criticism the guy takes, when infact he is still doing a small percentage of 'okay' and I hope he will be a decent super sub.

We have the usual monkeys tearing into him, and that's fair enough... but Watkins just gets off scot-free. The man is fucking honking and no one talks about this, they'd rather abuse a cunt who has scored a few goals (and missed a good amount as well). Watkins does nothing, ever. Why doesn't he get the same criticism?

Ramirez played about 3x as much and paid much more if reports are to go by. And no one is arguing Watkins is great. Obvious. 

29 minutes ago, Roberto said:

My annoyance with this thread now is the criticism the guy takes, when infact he is still doing a small percentage of 'okay' and I hope he will be a decent super sub.

We have the usual monkeys tearing into him, and that's fair enough... but Watkins just gets off scot-free. The man is fucking honking and no one talks about this, they'd rather abuse a cunt who has scored a few goals (and missed a good amount as well). Watkins does nothing, ever. Why doesn't he get the same criticism?

I think the difficulty with Watkins is that it wasnt the player that made the difference to us when he came - it was just his style.  He moved.  This set him apart from Cosgrove, an aging Mcginn and whoever else we employed to stand static and watch high balls being lumped at them.

We now have several others providing that movement so we have a more direct comparison for Watkins like for like.  I think its fair to say his optics are now less promising.  Added to which my lunchtime sandwich can stay fitter, longer than he can. 

53 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Cosgrove must also have scored more than 10 league goals during his 20 month purple patch? 

And Rooney must have done it more than once? 

The retard isn’t counting penalties. 

17 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

So only league goals count now... fair enough. In that case Mackie had 58 in 313 (1 in 5.3), Ramirez has 10 in 36 (1 in 3.6). Lee Miller had 29 in 119 (1 in 4.1) So even on league goals he's still better than both. Rooney (1 in 2.3) and Cosgrove (1 in 2.5) both have a better average but were playing in significantly better teams and also included a shitload of penalties (Cosgrove 19 penalties for Aberdeen, Rooney 22)

Look you don't like him and think he's not a good goalscorer, i do. Lets leave it at that.

Compare it as single seasons as Ramirez has only played one season here (a season is generous, 4 months of playing and 5 of sulking).

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

The retard isn’t counting penalties. 

Where did i say that? I never once said penalties don't count but i was specifically talking about goals from open play. Had Ramirez been on penalties last season he could have had 25 goals (almost half our entire total for the season), would he have still been a shit goalscorer then?

From OPEN PLAY and across all competitions he has a better scoring ratio for Aberdeen than Mackie, Miller, Rooney or Cosgrove.

You brought up Mackie and Miller and were only counting league goals... does that make you a retard for not counting cup games?

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Compare it as single seasons as Ramirez has only played one season here (a season is generous, 4 months of playing and 5 of sulking).

Ok fine... which single season do you want to compare it to? Both players first full seasons? Mackies first full season where he scored 8 in 34 league games (9 in 39 in total). Millers first full season where he scored 4 in 31 league games (4 in 33 in total)?

I'm done arguing. you don't like him thats your perogative. I think he's a good goalscorer for our level and in a good team (which hopefully we'll have this season) he could score a shitload of goals. You don't agree... that's fine, i don't really care. But every time somebody tries to say he's shite then i'll give my opinion as to why he's not. If thats me repeating myself then tough.

10 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Where did i say that? I never once said penalties don't count but i was specifically talking about goals from open play. Had Ramirez been on penalties last season he could have had 25 goals (almost half our entire total for the season), would he have still been a shit goalscorer then?

From OPEN PLAY and across all competitions he has a better scoring ratio for Aberdeen than Mackie, Miller, Rooney or Cosgrove.

You brought up Mackie and Miller and were only counting league goals... does that make you a retard for not counting cup games?

Ok fine... which single season do you want to compare it to? Both players first full seasons? Mackies first full season where he scored 8 in 34 league games (9 in 39 in total). Millers first full season where he scored 4 in 31 league games (4 in 33 in total)?

I'm done arguing. you don't like him thats your perogative. I think he's a good goalscorer for our level and in a good team (which hopefully we'll have this season) he could score a shitload of goals. You don't agree... that's fine, i don't really care. But every time somebody tries to say he's shite then i'll give my opinion as to why he's not. If thats me repeating myself then tough.

So you do care then cause you spend so much time replying to someone “every time somebody tries to say he’s shite”.

He’s absolute fucking shite btw but it won’t matter cause he won’t be here in a months time thankfully ?

15 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

So you do care then cause you spend so much time replying to someone “every time somebody tries to say he’s shite”.

He’s absolute fucking shite btw but it won’t matter cause he won’t be here in a months time thankfully ?

We'll see. If he goes he'll go with my best wishes and i just hope we manage to get another decent striker in before the deadline to replace him.

I'm beginning to think he maybe shagged your wife or something. You have an irrational amount of hatred towards him.

11 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Del Monts... You have underlying issues somewhere that have come to light recently.

Why so angry for someone so young?

Ramirez is shite IYO we get it.

Zero, let it go as well min.

Arsed.

Just passing the day at work, not that deep. 

I do hate Zero however. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Did Ramirez not score a penalty a few weeks ago?

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think Roberto nailed it earlier,  there seems to be 2 camps, those who think he's great and those who think he's shit.

The truth is nearer the middle, he's done a decent if unspectacular job, as his goal ratio of 1 in 3 demonstrates.

It's just like an ebay thing though

It gets to the point you want to "win" the bid, without factoring in whats important - the price

People are now just arguing to prove they were right from the off 

He had a good return of goals in a shit team. 
Made some strange choices - returning to the usa early and showing his admiration of a Sevco euro game on Twitter. His pissed off reaction to SG sacking and fall in form after SG left has made people hate him (along with the previous points). 
I think JG has a plan by dropping him and see if he has the desire to win his spot back. If he whinges or wants away then he is offski. 

5 hours ago, Roberto said:

I think it’s due to everyone being in agreement that Watkins is pretty shite, whereas Ramirez splits opinion. Also if Ramirez was perceived to have a fantastic attitude I don’t think he would be getting this level of criticism. Without trying to set Zero off with a prolonged bout of mouth foaming, fans also turn when they perceive a player not to be giving his all, as it’s a minimum requirement. 

14 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

There was a marked change in attitude towards Ramirez after he watched the huns in Europe and chose to tweet about it..

Or the fact he scored 4 goals in 7 months. You'd moan at anyone with that return. Fuck Shankland's better than that.

Also did the form of the whole team drop? We still dominated possession in most games, still created chances to win games. The difference is we didn't take those chances. We had 1 striker, who was the focal point of attack and played 90 minutes every game. Was like playing with 10 men. 

And he scores goals in a good team? Well we've created a shite load of chances against pub teams and he's managed 2 goals. He's actually missed more sitters than he's scored.

17 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

There was a marked change in attitude towards Ramirez after he watched the huns in Europe and chose to tweet about it..

There was and considering all he actually said was ‘what a game’ the change of attitude from some fans was pretty pathetic. It’s not as if he tweeted ‘Rangers are amazing WATP’

22 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

He wouldn't have been aware that was verboten, not being familiar with the rich tapestry of hate and bigotry that makes Scottish football so special. 

The reaction to him making that pretty innocuous post was probably a surprise to him. 

And an eye-opener. 

4 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Or the fact he scored 4 goals in 7 months. You'd moan at anyone with that return. Fuck Shankland's better than that.

Also did the form of the whole team drop? We still dominated possession in most games, still created chances to win games. The difference is we didn't take those chances. We had 1 striker, who was the focal point of attack and played 90 minutes every game. Was like playing with 10 men. 

And he scores goals in a good team? Well we've created a shite load of chances against pub teams and he's managed 2 goals. He's actually missed more sitters than he's scored.

4 goals in 3 and a half months from end January to start May. Not 4 in 7 months. And to put that in perspective, Shankland scored 4 goals in the first 6 months of his last season with Dundee United.

The form of the whole team did drop unless you’re insinuating every other player was still in good form other than Ramirez?

Obviously as a Yank he didna quite realise the vitriol he’d face tweeting about the huns.

He also seems to be a confidence driven player, so maybe the hatred directed towards him, and his family, was a contributing factor to the boys head dropping and subsequent early departure back to the US before the season ended.

• Upvote 1