Christian Ramirez

12 hours ago, Millertime said:

Haha

To be fair I am now questioning whether I've just got a Vendetta

I should love him

Cool name, he looks cool and he is "something different"

Fair enough he scored twice yesterday and won us the game

But the other part of my brain says he had 5 good chances yesterday,  all of which he hit right at the keeper, including the header which went in

If his main MO is only scoring, is 1 in 5 against a team of that level really good enough?

I genuinely don't know but at least am questioning myself as to whether I'm being harsh

You're being harsh. You're a better poster when you get behind the players, and are unreasonably positive. Save your negative energy for getting posters who argue with you to stop posting for a few months.

9 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Allegedly…… Goodwin himself has said Ramirez hasn’t been kicking down the door looking for a move.

Has this ever been confirmed?

He also said last week Ferguson was out injured…. 

so believe what you like I suppose,  yank transfer window opens soon I think? All will be revealed then 

Just now, beef_sister said:

He also said last week Ferguson was out injured…. 

so believe what you like I suppose,  yank transfer window opens soon I think? All will be revealed then 

The MLS transfer window opened last Thursday for a total of 4 weeks. Just can't see his family flying back to Aberdeen, declaring how much they are going to miss everyone and everything over there if its only going to be for a couple of weeks. Really can't see him going anywhere this Summer, and thats a good thing as a fit and happy Ramirez is still the best goalscorer out of the 3 strikers we (will soon) have and will score a hell of a lot of goals in this team.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How do you know this? 

I'm not criticising Miovski and Lopes, both are exciting signings and have potential to be very good, prolific goalscorers. However Ramirez in his career has 116 goals from 277 games (1 goal every 2.3 games), Miovski has 27 in 104 (1 in 3.8) and Lopes has 11 in 42 (1 in 3.8). Of course Ramirez is a lot older and the other 2 may have (and hopefully will have) eclipsed his goalscoring rate by the time they've both played as many games as Ramirez... however as it stands at the moment Ramirez is the best and most accomplished goalscorer out of the 3.

We'd be off our heads to get rid of Ramirez and rely on the other 2 to bang in the goals for us this season when neither have (so far) proven they can do it.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I'm not criticising Miovski and Lopes, both are exciting signings and have potential to be very good, prolific goalscorers. However Ramirez in his career has 116 goals from 277 games (1 goal every 2.3 games), Miovski has 27 in 104 (1 in 3.8) and Lopes has 11 in 42 (1 in 3.8). Of course Ramirez is a lot older and the other 2 may have (and hopefully will have) eclipsed his goalscoring rate by the time they've both played as many games as Ramirez... however as it stands at the moment Ramirez is the best and most accomplished goalscorer out of the 3.

We'd be off our heads to get rid of Ramirez and rely on the other 2 to bang in the goals for us this season when neither have (so far) proven they can do it.

Doesn't work like that though.   Looking at Wikipedia stats rarely gives you a clear picture unless players have played in the same leagues. 

Cosgrove had 1 career goal when we signed him.  

We played Ramsay and Barron last season when they hadn't proved they could play at our level. 

Ferguson was relatively unproven when we signed him and put him straight in the first team. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Doesn't work like that though.   Looking at Wikipedia stats rarely gives you a clear picture unless players have played in the same leagues. 

We played Ramsay and Barron last season when they hadn't proved they could play at our level. 

Ferguson was relatively unproven when we signed him and put him straight in the first team. 

I agree with that which is why i said as things stand. We are likely to have the 3 of them next season and hopefully they will all score a good amount of goals.

23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Also Ramirez is only about goals and offers nothing else. The others will likely be a lot better at getting their team mates involved higher up the pitch. So they may score less but the team scores more

1 minute ago, Daisy1903 said:

Also Ramirez is only about goals and offers nothing else. The others will likely be a lot better at getting their team mates involved higher up the pitch. So they may score less but the team scores more

Do you think having a player who is 'only about goals' is a bad thing like? Particularly if we now have players who can provide him with more opportunities to actually score goals.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How do you know this? 

That’s what I was thinking… never seen any of them before so it’s a fair claim he’ll be better…. 

if we have the striker who was here from January until he fucked off home early before the season was finished (embarrasing state of affairs to let him do that) then he can go. He showed zero fight or interest after Glass went. He was what you’d call a shitbag I’d say 

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Half of Ramirez goals have came in the lower league in America. Could be a debate if Ramirez starts, best part of 1m spent on the other 2 so surely they are going to be mainstays in the team unless we play Miovski on the left even though journalists say hes at his best through middle. Hopefully got some great options, just need to get the creative spark. 

46 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Sensible post.

1 minute ago, slippers said:

Half of Ramirez goals have came in the lower league in America. Could be a debate if Ramirez starts, best part of 1m spent on the other 2 so surely they are going to be mainstays in the team unless we play Miovski on the left even though journalists say hes at his best through middle. Hopefully got some great options, just need to get the creative spark. 

I agree, after the clusterfuck that was last season its great to finally have some options up front again this season. Get 1 or 2 creative players in and we could be in for a very entertaining season.

Guest findlay_1903

You’ve got to be off your head to want to off load Christian Ramirez. A wonderful asset which would be extremely hard to replace. Decent strikers are hard to come by. We’ve not had many this millennium. 
His form dipped last season, big deal! Christian will slay the opponent’s repeatedly this season, and repel the boo boys in what’s shaping up to be a fantastic season. 
He’s a penalty box striker who knows how to bread his butter, just watch him explode this season, maybe even get international recognition at the same time. 
Go CHRISTIAN.