Christian Ramirez

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

This striker really has captured the emotions of so many posters. How can yous be arsed caring this much 

It's the same bloody stupid argument over and over 

I've blocked zero, but seeing just the fact he is posting annoys me as I know exactly what he will be saying

Somehow heralding 6 goals between October and may

5 hours ago, Howard Marks said:

Off to Toronto.

Wouldn't surprise me if a deal is in place for him to join an MLS team when their window reopens in October.

Just makes the decision to take him back in the summer (and then barely play him) all the more stupid. From the time he left early May to the opening of the MLS window in October, its about 20/21 weeks. If the rumours are true and we're paying him £8-10k a week then thats somewhere between £160-£210k we'll have paid him to play a couple of friendlies, a few league cup games against lower league opposition and 1 substitute appearance in the league. If Goodwin really didn't rate him, really wanted to get rid of him then we should have pushed to get him sold during the summer rather than taking him back for a few games which we realistically should have won without him.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if a deal is in place for him to join an MLS team when their window reopens in October.

Just makes the decision to take him back in the summer (and then barely play him) all the more stupid. From the time he left early May to the opening of the MLS window in October, its about 20/21 weeks. If the rumours are true and we're paying him £8-10k a week then thats somewhere between £160-£210k we'll have paid him to play a couple of friendlies, a few league cup games against lower league opposition and 1 substitute appearance in the league. If Goodwin really didn't rate him, really wanted to get rid of him then we should have pushed to get him sold during the summer rather than taking him back for a few games which we realistically should have won without him.

You really think we never pushed to get rid of him in the Summer?

Nobody wanted him.

He was under contract and still getting paid,that’s the only reason he was pulled back.

10 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

That’s really interesting.

:suicide:

• Haha 1

You’d have thought Ramirez’s agent could have sorted his client out with a English league 1 side, or a Cypriot, or Turkish, side? 2 deal then back to the MLS? Free transfer in exchange from him ripping up the remainder of his contract.

At this late stage, maybe he will move on but not before a healthy pay off from us. 

Just now, sooth_stander said:

You’d have thought Ramirez’s agent could have sorted his client out with a English league 1 side, or a Cypriot, or Turkish, side? 2 deal then back to the MLS? Free transfer in exchange from him ripping up the remainder of his contract.

At this late stage, maybe he will move on but not before a healthy pay off from us. 

He's got to want to move to wherever he is offered a deal though.

29 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

If, as his employer, we cancel his contract would that not null and void his work permit too?

Good question. I think Work Permits are only valid for the length of the contract and if you extend a contract you need to apply for a new work permit. I'd imagine if it's cancelled his work permit is binned. He'll maybe get a couple of weeks to see if he can sort out sometging else as he'll be able to sign outwith today if his contract is cancelled.