Christian Ramirez

30 minutes ago, Millertime said:

McCoist was lightyears ahead of Ramirez, bloody hell

You won't remember how hated he was by the oldco fans in 83/84/85 as part of a hilariously shit hun side.

Literally couldn't hit a coo's are with a banjo.

Of course he scored truckloads later on in the spend, spend, spend years when he was getting goals laid on a plate for him. But you or I could have scored in that side.

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

You won't remember how hated he was by the oldco fans in 83/84/85 as part of a hilariously shit hun side.

Of course he scored truckloads later on in the spend, spend, spend years when he was getting goals laid on a plate for him. But you or I could have scored in that side.

I think that's doing him a great disservice 

He was superb 

16 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Massively overrated cunt who was made to look far better than he was by the world class players around him... and afforded ludicrous protections by the officials. He could literally send an Aberdeen player to hospital with a savage sliding tackle, and the media would insist it was a 50/50 ball that he had every right to go for. 

His time at Sunderland tells you he wasn't quite a 'goal machine' when he was surrounded by average players. 

Never fooled Fergie. 

Didn't take him to the World Cup even as a squad player. 

"...denied a move to St Mirren because Alex Ferguson thought he was not good enough."

13 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Massively overrated cunt who was made to look far better than he was by the world class players around him... and afforded ludicrous protections by the officials. He could literally send an Aberdeen player to hospital with a savage sliding tackle, and the media would insist it was a 50/50 ball that he had every right to go for. 

His time at Sunderland tells you he wasn't quite a 'goal machine' when he was surrounded by average players. 

Never fooled Fergie. 

"...denied a move to St Mirren because Alex Ferguson thought he was not good enough."

He left Sunderland when he was 20. You are a harsh audience if you are expecting him to have been a "goal machine" at that age.  

14 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Never fooled Fergie. 

We almost signed him in ‘86 or ‘87.  Fell through at last minute. 

57 minutes ago, RUL said:

We've got fans that want a manager sacked after 6 league games. 

So we ignore all the euro games, the league games from last season & the 2 cup exits & act like he’s only being judged on 6 shite league games only? 
Another case of attempted playing down his responsibility overall by making it seem those judging him ‘prematurely’ are being unfair? 

Why not go a step further & say just the 4 league games because we won the other two? Sounds like we’re being even more ridiculous then ?

1 hour ago, RUL said:

We've got fans that want a manager sacked after 6 league games. 

He's had 21 games in charge and won 7 of them and lost 9 - obviously includes league games from April last year as I recall seeing him in the dugout then.

It's not a great start - he's had a bad transfer window in terms of his choices - his teams don't seem to have a style and he's fluked a pair of good, possibly very good fullbacks to help him along.

At what point do you cut him loose...

We are currently out of the the league cup, out of Europe and in the bottom half of the league having played what one might reasonably have called the easier part of the league. The glass is not half full there's just a stain at the bottom and I'd rather AFC didn't join it.

25 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So we ignore all the euro games, the league games from last season & the 2 cup exits & act like he’s only being judged on 6 shite league games only? 
Another case of attempted playing down his responsibility overall by making it seem those judging him ‘prematurely’ are being unfair? 

Why not go a step further & say just the 4 league games because we won the other two? Sounds like we’re being even more ridiculous then ?

So we won 2 rounds of European football so I assume you don't really want to consider those games anyway? 

We were outclassed by Qarabag, what else is there to say? 

Raith was a poor result. 

As you say your not interested in the 2 wins and probably not interested in us drawing with hearts as it doesn't suit your narrative so really it's 3 games. 

Your right, ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

He's had 21 games in charge and won 7 of them and lost 9 - obviously includes league games from April last year as I recall seeing him in the dugout then.

It's not a great start - he's had a bad transfer window in terms of his choices - his teams don't seem to have a style and he's fluked a pair of good, possibly very good fullbacks to help him along.

At what point do you cut him loose...

We are currently out of the the league cup, out of Europe and in the bottom half of the league having played what one might reasonably have called the easier part of the league. The glass is not half full there's just a stain at the bottom and I'd rather AFC didn't join it.

Im not judging him on last season. I'll judge it after 22 games, played everyone twice and will have a better idea of how it's going to go. 

I'd be pretty disappointed with 7th at end of season but my point is more we are 5 points off top and bottom. Surely that alone tells you it's to early to judge a manager? 

3 hours ago, RUL said:

Im not judging him on last season. I'll judge it after 22 games, played everyone twice and will have a better idea of how it's going to go. 

I'd be pretty disappointed with 7th at end of season but my point is more we are 5 points off top and bottom. Surely that alone tells you it's to early to judge a manager? 

Which superficially seems the reasonable thing to do.

But we are about to face St Mirren away, Celtic at home, Dundee away, Hibs at home and sevco away. Which would take us to halfway  to your judgement point. 15 points available, but I think it will be a miracle if we manage to take 6. I'll always live in hope but right now it's in short supply, Glass doesn't seem to know who his best eleven are, he doesn't seem to know what his best formation is and to be perfectly frank........he doesn't seem to know much at at all about managing in the SPL.

My expectation is that we will be in the bottom 3 or 4 by the time November comes around. Injuries and suspensions are likely to be hitting us by then (might make his midfield selections a bit easier with less options to choose from). If he doesn't sort his shit out rapidly in games 12-22, there's a very good chance we reach the New Year with the very distinct possibility of relegation looming over us. Do we cut him loose then? Or do we risk letting him try to fix things by giving him cash to spend in the January window? Would anyone want to join up with us anyway?

In the summer, I said I wasn't judging Glass on what had happened since he joined up. I was giving him a free hit for that period as it wasn't his squad and he needed to experiment a bit to see what he was working with. But his first transfer window has really been pretty disastrous. A shitload of duds, most of whom are on big wages with a few loans who look they're not up to the job this far. It's so bad, I just can't trust him to be allowed the chance to fix things in January. Let him get through a likely disastrous October, which would probably be the case no matter who was in charge and then get him to fuck out. Bring in someone who knows what they are doing. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
9 hours ago, RUL said:

"Pretty disappointed with 7th"

Away you GO

Mcinnes built us up way, way more than that

7th would be sackable,  bottom 6 should be

We have not been out the top 4 in the last 8 years, anything less isn't acceptable 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Millertime said:

"Pretty disappointed with 7th"

Away you GO

Mcinnes built us up way, way more than that

7th would be sackable,  bottom 6 should be

We have not been out the top 4 in the last 8 years, anything less isn't acceptable 

Agreed. Was time up for McInnes as he wasn't taking us forward any more, we were slipping backwards. New manager was brought in to take us forward from 4th place finishes, and to win a cup every now and again and to get further in Europe etc. If Glass led us to 4th place this season and a cup final that would be just about acceptable as you'd give him a season to make changes etc before demanding to see real progress forward. But finishing 7th and out of a cup at the first hurdle is nowhere near acceptable - when you start sliding back to that extent you're only going to slip even further the next season. 

12 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You can't see Ramirez as an improvement on Curtis Main? Seriously? He must've already scored more goals than Main did for us.

More game time I think. I’d love him to be the new Rooney but he’s not, he’s the old Rooney. Tries really hard but he’s just a bit slow and is okay. He’s had about four goes at the shooting from the corner and hit the target once. That was a well worked goal just as yesterday’s was. He’s a nicer footballer than Main if that’s a good thing (i think it is) but I’m not convinced by his actual performances. I don’t expect him to score when he gets the ball in the box.  Hopefully he goes on a purple patch of scoring and sticks a hat trick in against the arse cheeks.

7 hours ago, Crossbow said:

His goal was good but he was poorly marked. I don’t see any improvement in him over Curtis Main. 2 yards too slow for our game. Seems a nice guy much like our manager. 

It wasn't that he was poorly marked, it was that we worked a routine that meant Brown blocked his marker and allowed Ramirez to get free.

Excellently worked goal from Aberdeen.

I'm more concerned about our ability to create in open play. Most of our goals come from set pieces