Christian Ramirez

Just now, DoonTheLine said:

Big problem there is the lack of legs on the left and McCrorie not being a typical LCB - I'd be looking to get in behind down there constantly as an opposition. All for trying things but despite the activity we had in the transfer market, we have some glaring holes in the squad and a real lack of intensity/pace.

Aye, possibly. 

Someone suggested MacKenzie as a left centre half. 
He could do that as a 3. Coped well away in Qarabag.

Ideally you want the right & left of the 3 to be comfortable when they get dragged wide to the full back positions occasionally.

McCrorie would be fine on the right & MacKenzie similarly on the left 

You could go with. 
McCrorie Bates/Gallagher & MacKenzie. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Time to go either 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 in my opinion.

It gets another central defender on the park to help clear crosses.

It gets support for Ramirez. 

Lewis

Bates  Gallagher McCrorie

Ramsay Ferguson Brown Hayes

Hedges 

Ramirez Watkins 

I would probably favour that kind of formation too - giving Ramirez a partner to work off will make a big difference, and Hedges can drift across the pitch just behind them. It allows the full backs to play a bit further up too - Brown basically sits in front of the back 3 and Ferguson does the running.

I don't think Glass will change his setup though - he'll want to try to prove what he's been doing actually works.

He's trying and does have goals in him at this level.  I wonder how he feels now regarding how the football is going compared to what he was sold / told in contract talks.  Those first few games will have had him buzzing and will feel like years ago.  Seems a real positive guy and hopefully that doesn't drain out of him like it appears to do for a lot of our players.

Fair play to the guy and his family for trading trips to places like Universal Studios and Disney World for trips to Codonas.

7 minutes ago, Tzvetanovs hair said:

He's trying and does have goals in him at this level.  I wonder how he feels now regarding how the football is going compared to what he was sold / told in contract talks.  Those first few games will have had him buzzing and will feel like years ago.  Seems a real positive guy and hopefully that doesn't drain out of him like it appears to do for a lot of our players.

Fair play to the guy and his family for trading trips to places like Universal Studios and Disney World for trips to Codonas.

I did wonder that too, the quality of living must be horrendous compared to what he was used to before. Must be mentally draining.

• Like 1
Just now, Tzvetanovs hair said:

Yeah, I do hope they are settling in well but it would be a huge change.  

The negative aspects of his work at the moment will not help, I'm sure.

Give over min. People’s attitude towards him is fucking bizarre. This was exactly my point, it’s like there’s different rules for him. 

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Give over min. People’s attitude towards him is fucking bizarre. This was exactly my point, it’s like there’s different rules for him. 

Nae really, it's not like he has just shifted here from Edinburgh or down south, where you may be more aware of how areas of Scotland are.

Fairly sure he could've picked up another gig away from here.

7 minutes ago, Tzvetanovs hair said:

Nae really, it's not like he has just shifted here from Edinburgh or down south, where you may be more aware of how areas of Scotland are.

Fairly sure he could've picked up another gig away from here.

So why didn't he? 

He's obviously getting paid well to make the move otherwise he'd have went somewhere else. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So why didn't he? 

He's obviously getting paid well to make the move otherwise he'd have went somewhere else. 

Obviously wanted to try his luck here too.  Sold on the idea of how things will go? Who knows?

Probably is getting paid well, haven't said he wasn't.  Only said that it was a big move shifting from the States to here considering the culture change for his family.

1 minute ago, Tzvetanovs hair said:

Obviously wanted to try his luck here too.  Sold on the idea of how things will go? Who knows?

Probably is getting paid well, haven't said he wasn't.  Only said that it was a big move shifting from the States to here considering the culture change for his family.

Aye its a big move for the family but the same language will help Ramirez a lot. 

How old are his kids? 

Guest findlay_1903
17 minutes ago, Tzvetanovs hair said:

I think his 2 kids are pretty young, under 6. 

Storybook Glen etc may not cut it and Union St / Square may not be what his missus is used to.  

Was at storybook glen on Saturday (with my child). Cor blimey, absolutely mental, some amount of drugs been smoked by the folk that make the manakins, fireman Sam looked a shadow of himself. Poor sod. 

Christian, don’t waste your time min. 

Go to hackley bay, it’s a tremendous beach. 

12 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

Was at storybook glen on Saturday (with my child). Cor blimey, absolutely mental, some amount of drugs been smoked by the folk that make the manakins, fireman Sam looked a shadow of himself. Poor sod. 

Christian, don’t waste your time min. 

Go to hackley bay, it’s a tremendous beach. 

Ha, I know, its pretty grim.  The stuff of nightmares.

I'd say head out to Glentanar

43 minutes ago, Tzvetanovs hair said:

Culture change???

Most Americans would love the opportunity to come to Scot Land

• Like 1

Ramirez no doubt feels like he's living in a fairytale land of castles, mountains, and fire-breathing dragons.

A Third World fairytale land, admittedly, but it'll probably keep him amused till his contract runs out and he can head back to civiliZation.

20 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Ramirez no doubt feels like he's living in a fairytale land of castles, mountains, and fire-breathing dragons.

A Third World fairytale land, admittedly, but it'll probably keep him amused till his contract runs out and he can head back to civiliZation.

Hey. We can take the piss out of our own country, but don't need you Americans joining in thank you very much.

As for Ramirez, he gets special treatment cos he is a trier and seems like a genuinely nice bloke.

21 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Hey. We can take the piss out of our own country, but don't need you Americans joining in thank you very much.

As for Ramirez, he gets special treatment cos he is a trier and seems like a genuinely nice bloke.

Slightly tongue in cheek. 

If you want to see some of the places near where I live, head on over the Far de ye Bide thread. 

If Scotland's Third World, this is like Sixth or Seventh. 

No castles, mountains, or dragons either. 

46 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Slightly tongue in cheek. 

If you want to see some of the places near where I live, head on over the Far de ye Bide thread. 

If Scotland's Third World, this is like Sixth or Seventh. 

No castles, mountains, or dragons either. 

As was I kelto. A person with dual citizenship is someone who has the right to be disappointed in two countries.

Ever use the Christopher Hitchens line when talking to the natives? Something like "I am more of an American than you- you are one by accident of birth, but I chose to be American."