Christian Ramirez

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Which, as I may have previously said, reflects poorly on player and club. 

As for the Muppets in the Middle of defence, they're still here until they're not. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if one (Gallagher) wasn’t gone before the transfer window closes. 

15 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I'm a pretty militant atheist, but I've never seen a person's religion decide whether or not they choose to be a good athlete or not. 

I mean, let's take America and Iran... couple of God-bothering countries where people point at the sky when they win a medal or score a goal or prevent an abortion. 

America Summer Olympic Medals - 113 with 39 Gold

Iran Summer Olympics Medals - 7 with 3 Gold

So it's fair to say mebbes religion is irrelevant to whether you're going to work hard and be the best in the world. 

American athletes are about the most driven, dedicated, hard working professionals on the planet. 

While I'm unfamiliar with their social media habits vs their work ethics, I'll pretty much guarantee the vast majority of American athletes are working their arses off rather than putting glitter on a cork board. 

Scottish footballers, I will say, tend to get called out for their loosey goosey attitude to fitness and exercise, though. 

Let's talk about Ramirez; 

Left early in a sulk

minimal effort since his mate got sacked 

Didn't run 

Seemed to have worse outer box play as season progressed 

Surprised people expect  him to win near enough every game he plays 

I'm saying it's a yank thing in general. Not necessarily athletes. 

1 minute ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

I suspect it more likely reflects that he's been shit-canned by the club

Well, one of two things happened. 

Either he's been told to fuck off or he's been told to 'recharge' with an early holiday, leaving us to play a guy up front who's leaving the club in approximately two games time. 

Now, if he's been told to fuck off then that means the club thinks it's fine to lie to the fans when the truth would have done just as well, or better.  It wasn't a necessary lie, but they told it anyway... not a lot of respect for the likes of you, me, or that fat, slovenly guy the camera always focuses on in the Main Stand every game. 

And if he's been told, "Hey... take an early holiday while we're still trying to finish as high as possible, and you're being paid to help us do so" and Ramirez has said, "Gee, THANKS, guys!" then that reflects poorly on the club and the player, since they don't appear to be taking their jobs very seriously at all. 

I think that fat guy might be a poster on another board. 

2 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Lets face it no matter what Jim does you will hate him and want him to go. 

You wanted him to go before for being honest to his players and telling them they were a bunch of cnuts who were not getting new contracts. So you wanted him to lie them. Now though you want him to go because you think he has lied to the media. 

In any case if it is true that Ramirez has gone its not necessarily a lie, he possibly just didnt give want to give the media the full story. 

Personally although i think Christian gave his best and was a likeable guy who wanted the best for the club, he was ok at times but nothing more than that and i think for the money we were paying him we should be expecting a lot more quality. But i don't blame him for that i blame the previous manager for again wasting the budget and giving him a huge contract which meant he was vastly overpaid in my opinion. If we could offload him i think we could get a very good striker for the same money who would manage to offer much more than Ramirez ever could.

I would thank him for giving his best and for scoring the goals he did score but would be happy to wish him farewell and good luck in the future. Cheers Christian. 

Who ever said I wanted him to lie to the players? There’s a difference between lying to them and just not telling them they’re getting the boot when we still had important games to play.

4 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Well, one of two things happened. 

Either he's been told to fuck off or he's been told to 'recharge' with an early holiday, leaving us to play a guy up front who's leaving the club in approximately two games time. 

Now, if he's been told to fuck off then that means the club thinks it's fine to lie to the fans when the truth would have done just as well, or better.  It wasn't a necessary lie, but they told it anyway... not a lot of respect for the likes of you, me, or that fat, slovenly guy the camera always focuses on in the Main Stand every game. 

And if he's been told, "Hey... take an early holiday while we're still trying to finish as high as possible, and you're being paid to help us do so" and Ramirez has said, "Gee, THANKS, guys!" then that reflects poorly on the club and the player, since they don't appear to be taking their jobs very seriously at all. 

I think that fat guy might be a poster on another board. 

May I propose option 3; where he decides he's done and moves his whole family back?

8 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Left early in a sulk

minimal effort since his mate got sacked 

Didn't run 

Seemed to have worse outer box play as season progressed 

Surprised people expect  him to win near enough every game he plays 

I'm saying it's a yank thing in general. Not necessarily athletes. 

*lost you 20 quid!

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Left early in a sulk - Or was told to take a leave of absence

minimal effort since his mate got sacked - Not that I noticed. Games continued to pass him by because we rarely got the ball to him. 

Didn't run - Not sure pace is part of his game. But he did run, he was just slow. Not Andreas Mayer slow, but not fast.  

Seemed to have worse outer box play as season progressed - What were the coaches doing/saying? 

Surprised people expect  him to win near enough every game he plays - Some people were critical of him from the word go. 

I'm saying it's a yank thing in general. Not necessarily athletes. - The 'something for nothing' attitude? That's everywhere. 

3 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

He's been told he's done. Nothing surer 

Which was my thought. But why not just say as much rather than the 'recharging' shite we've been spun? 

5 minutes ago, CCB III said:

May I propose option 3; where he decides he's done and moves his whole family back?

I think he'd still be under contract and unable to sign for another club, meaning he had no income for his family for approximately 12 months. Which wouldn't be the smartest move on his part, and the least likely scenario of a potential 3 Things scenario. 

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Mon Kelto. 

Probs best we all move on. I was a big fan/defender of his but I don't think he can be excused from mid February onwards. 

Hey, we all have unique perspectives on things. I don't see a problem with disagreement. 

The thing that concerns me is that alleged 'downed tools Ramirez' wasn't noticeably worse than any other teammate than, maybe, Barron.

And Barron might be gone. 

It's just a terrific time to be a Dons fan, it really is. 

Just now, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Call it professional courtesy 

Didn't see any with JET. 

It was basically a thinly veiled "You're fat. Fuck off, fatty."

And off he fucked. 

To Dubai. 

With a pile of Dons gold. 

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Nah you’re ok.

What part of what I said do you disagree with? That we were clearly lied to or that our fans are in general fuckwits?

Well I know we are all fuckwits, and spoiler alert!
People lie every day, I must have lied to a few clients during my shift today.
Why are you caring about this, people lie, its a part of life.

So it was just the general whiff of pish tbh.

21 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Well I know we are all fuckwits, and spoiler alert!
People lie every day, I must have lied to a few clients during my shift today.
Why are you caring about this, people lie, its a part of life.

So it was just the general whiff of pish tbh.

Fair enough, just think that if he knew Ramirez wasn’t coming back then he could have just left out the comment about expecting him back Mid June for pre season training.

I suspect that even if lazy arse does come back he'll be a bit part player. 

Really don't think he's mobile enough or strong enough to be "successful" with Aberdeen. Heart of a mouse and less mobility and speed that David Winnie is hardly a successful recipe.

Also getting upset about the manager not being 100% truthful (if that even is the case) really is pathetic. When managers tell the press that X player is out injured and won't make it for Saturday only to remarkably be fit and in the starting lineup is that worth getting worked up about as well???  

Smoke and mirrors. Smoke and mirrors.

16 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Also getting upset about the manager not being 100% truthful (if that even is the case) really is pathetic. When managers tell the press that X player is out injured and won't make it for Saturday only to remarkably be fit and in the starting lineup is that worth getting worked up about as well???  

There's a little bit of a difference between a small white lie as gameplay to try to lure an opposition manager into a false sense of security..... and outright stating that a player is happy at the club, has made no request to leave, is being let away for post season break early to recuperate and refresh for the new season and will be back mid June for pre season training when you know for a fact that he's done at the club, he's cleared out his house and he wont be back.

One is just misdirection, while the other is blatantly lying to your customers. In a situation like that just be honest, nobody would have overly cared. Goodwin had told enough players that they weren't wanted, whats the issue with one more?

But hey each to their own. As far as i'm concerned its just the club playing us for fools yet again.

25 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

There's a little bit of a difference between a small white lie as gameplay to try to lure an opposition manager into a false sense of security..... and outright stating that a player is happy at the club, has made no request to leave, is being let away for post season break early to recuperate and refresh for the new season and will be back mid June for pre season training when you know for a fact that he's done at the club, he's cleared out his house and he wont be back.

One is just misdirection, while the other is blatantly lying to your customers. In a situation like that just be honest, nobody would have overly cared. Goodwin had told enough players that they weren't wanted, whats the issue with one more?

But hey each to their own. As far as i'm concerned its just the club playing us for fools yet again.

Deluded.

25 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Or he's trying to protect the safety of the player. 

Had he come out at the time and said: 

'The God bothering Yank cunt has been moaning non stop about how he's missing his bum chum Glass and also missing his hole as his missus has fucked off as she couldn't stand living in Aberdeen. He's bent my ear so much and he's basically stopped trying so I've told him to pack up his stuff and leave early as he hates the place so much.'

Had he said that, Ramirez's life would have been made a misery with fans messaging and tweeting the player and his wife abuse about leaving etc. 

When it inevitably comes out in the next few weeks that he's not coming back, people won't give a shit and will just message him with a 'thanks for the memories' type shite. 

I know you don't like Goodwin and think he's been lying. But I think he's been protecting the mental health of a fragile individual and should be commended for that. 

4 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

'The God bothering Yank cunt has been moaning non stop about how he's missing his bum chum Glass and also missing his hole as his missus has fucked off as she couldn't stand living in Aberdeen. He's bent my ear so much and he's basically stopped trying so I've told him to pack up his stuff and leave early as he hates the place so much.'

Had he said that, Ramirez's life would have been made a misery with fans messaging and tweeting the player and his wife abuse about leaving etc. 

When it inevitably comes out in the next few weeks that he's not coming back, people won't give a shit and will just message him with a 'thanks for the memories' type shite. 

I know you don't like Goodwin and think he's been lying. But I think he's been protecting the mental health of a fragile individual and should be commended for that. 

I think the phrase is "a sandwich short of a picnic ".

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

He's not cared about protecting the mental health of any of the other players that he let go though has he. He didn't care about Jet's mental health when he made the clear dig at him about being unfit and then ripped up his contract with games still left to play?

He could have just said 'i've had a discussion with Christian and his family haven't settled in Scotland which is unfortunate, we have come to a mutually agreeable solution which will see him return to America to look for a new club. We thank him for his time at the club and the goals he has scored and wish him all the best for the future'.. simple, what would have been the issues with something like that?

I mean we know that's the kind of statement that is likely to come out in the next week or 2, so why not just do it at the time. It seems him and his family have had plenty of abuse on social media from so called dons fans anyway, so i'm sure a little more wouldn't have bothered him while he was sunning it up on the beach in Mexico with his wife and kids.

2 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I think the phrase is "a sandwich short of a picnic ".

You'd be wrong then

That phrase relates to people who are on the low side of the  intelligence scale.

Mental illness has no correlation with sub-normal intelligence levels. 

Anyway...I've honestly no idea if  Goodwin was lying or not. But what I do think is that if Ramirez can get himself hooked up with a club back in the USA, we won't be difficult to deal with. Might even let him walk for free. But if he hasn't got himself sorted out with a new side in the next 3-4 weeks, he'll be back for pre-season training. At his stage of career, sitting on his arse waiting for a club to show an interest just isn't an option. He needs to be playing regularly (and well) to get a potential new club interested.

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

He's not cared about protecting the mental health of any of the other players that he let go though has he. He didn't care about Jet's mental health when he made the clear dig at him about being unfit and then ripped up his contract with games still left to play?

You're right. I can only presume he's a massive racist too. Better add that to the list. 

Or he realised that Jet was a lazy cunt who didn't give a shit and was only too happy to get out the door and play beach paddle tennis with Anthony Joshua. Probably sucked each other off afterwards too.