Christian Ramirez

I think he's good for a few goals, but I want another striker or two that will either put him under pressure for his place and improve him, or play alongside/behind him to create chances for him, feed off him, or draw defences apart to allow him space.

'n shit.

Hopefully his 2nd season is better than his first, put it that way.

4 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Thought he'd cleared out his house?

Don't think its the worst thing that could have happened. Keep him happy, give him service and he'll score goals.

But ....but .....what about Goodwin’s barefaced LIE to us, the faithful fans , who DESERVE to be told THE TRUTH?..... the blatant lie that as far he knew Ramirez would be back for pre-season, when he clearly KNEW otherwise. Disgraceful disrespect towards the fans who pay his wages etc etc ........(repeat to fade ad nauseum)

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Don't think he's going to fit the style of play under Jim so still best for all if he can find an MLS club.

Glad to see he's back for now though. The squads thin enough as it is.

What do you think the style of play will be? I was trying to work it out for those last dozen games of last season….

53 minutes ago, redone said:

But ....but .....what about Goodwin’s barefaced LIE to us, the faithful fans , who DESERVE to be told THE TRUTH?..... the blatant lie that as far he knew Ramirez would be back for pre-season, when he clearly KNEW otherwise. Disgraceful disrespect towards the fans who pay his wages etc etc ........(repeat to fade ad nauseum)

What about it? Was solely based on Roberto’s statement that …..

“Unsure why it isn't announced by the club that he has gone and won't be back. Goodwin told a wee fib it seems to keep it out the media, but he's out of here. Willing to rip up the final year of his contract also. All his stuff moved out of Westhill. Wanted to leave before last game of season, was told to GTF on the Wednesday. All stuff packed up, gone. A big fallout with Goodwin (water bottle kick) also.”

Clearly wasn’t true was it?

I have to wonder who's still on Ramirez' side after he fucked off before the end of the season. 

I was a strong supporter of his, but it's like there was shit still needed to be done and he was, "A'right, I'm fucking off to the pub early, lads. Best of luck with the rest of the work." 

I'll be okay not seeing him in a Dons shirt again. 

Will any MLS club pay a fee for him? They had the chance a year ago when we did.

If we can bring in a few more creative players to play behind him then he’ll be a good asset to have. If not, he’ll be like a man down again.

We’ll just have to hope Mowbray, Goodwin and Gunn know what they are doing.

4 hours ago, minijc said:

This has cheered me up.

? to be fair I had a laugh at it myself. 

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I was 50/50 about him coming back, the fact it’s devastated you though makes him coming back the best thing that’s happened this Summer so far.

You’ve just copied mini. Standard level of posting. You’re not cutting it.

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

There were plenty who exited during the Livingston game 

haha bloody autocorrect. If we're playing Ramirez we have to fire crosses in from both sides with midfielders following up as well.. No use punting the ball up to him because he is fucking shit at that side of the game. If we play that same possession pish as last year we'd be as well getting rid of him.

Any other verified sightings of Ramirez? Wouldn’t be Roberto’s first wind-up on here! I guess we’ll find out today…

Worst case scenario is that our main striker isn’t committed and doesnt want to be here…   That’s going to be a major obstacle to our success this season - particularly if it prevents/delays us from signing a replacement.  If the rumours about his transfer request are true, the best thing we could have done is to deal him out prior to the first day of preseason.

7 minutes ago, Redtillimdead said:

Not happy to see this bottler back. He bailed at the end of last season. Weak minded. Not what we need.

I'm adding 2+2 together and thinking the two weeks off last season was in return for him turning up for June-July and sticking around until we have the majority of our 22/23 squad in place.

Still suspect he'll be offski by the end of the MLS mid season transfer window which runs from July 7th to August 4th

Let’s look at positives. Ramirez is back. He was out top scorer last year by far from open play. At the moment, we don’t have other strikers, so at least with him being back, at least we’ll have something up front. Yes, he’s not Ronaldo or Haaland, but we’re Aberdeen and these days Ramirez is probably as good a player as we can attract. Just think of the numerous dreadful forwards we’ve had to endure over the years and especially recently.  He’s in Aberdeen player; he’s back; let’s get behind and support him.

• Upvote 2
15 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Will any MLS club pay a fee for him? They had the chance a year ago when we did.

If we can bring in a few more creative players to play behind him then he’ll be a good asset to have. If not, he’ll be like a man down again.

We’ll just have to hope Mowbray, Goodwin and Gunn know what they are doing.

I wouldn't be expecting  a transfer fee for him. I'd have thought we will give him a free transfer in exchange for him ripping up the final yr of his contract.