Breidablik 2 - 3 Aberdeen

I see this morning that Glasgow city council have told the cheeks that they can have full stadiums next week be interesting to see what our council have to say on the crowd limit 

Like to hope that it will be free reign given that the social distancing thing has gone 

2 hours ago, eddiec said:

I see this morning that Glasgow city council have told the cheeks that they can have full stadiums next week be interesting to see what our council have to say on the crowd limit 

Like to hope that it will be free reign given that the social distancing thing has gone 

Its all a game!

No need for it to be 20k for next Thurs as season tickets not valid. 15k would do. We should ask for that (it would look good) then full hoose v Ross County end o the month (when 9k ST get in for "free")

7 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Its all a game!

No need for it to be 20k for next Thurs as season tickets not valid. 15k would do. We should ask for that (it would look good) then full hoose v Ross County end o the month (when 9k ST get in for "free")

XSeason tickets were free then?

Surely we could sell out a European game when (almost) no one has been to a game for 18 months? We don't always sell out European games, of course, but we sold out Burnley, for instance, and I'm not sure if that was a 'glamour' tie. Having said that, I don't remember what kind of support they brought but it was probably more than most of our European opponents bring so that probably helped.

Or am I overestimating how big a draw being able to go the football again will be? 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, TheRock said:

Surely we could sell out a European game when (almost) no one has been to a game for 18 months? We don't always sell out European games, of course, but we sold out Burnley, for instance, and I'm not sure if that was a 'glamour' tie. Having said that, I don't remember what kind of support they brought but it was probably more than most of our European opponents bring so that probably helped. Or am I overestimating how big a draw being able to go the football again will be? 

Burnley was our first game of the season. This would be our 5th.

Burnley had a full allocation of away support and it attracted more interest.

15k would be ok for a week on Thursday (our usual early European crowd) and full houses after that when ST are valid.

1 hour ago, TheRock said:

Surely we could sell out a European game when (almost) no one has been to a game for 18 months? We don't always sell out European games, of course, but we sold out Burnley, for instance, and I'm not sure if that was a 'glamour' tie. Having said that, I don't remember what kind of support they brought but it was probably more than most of our European opponents bring so that probably helped.

Or am I overestimating how big a draw being able to go the football again will be? 

There will also be people who aren't comfortable going back to full or fairly full stadiums. According to news reports, despite 'freedom day' down south, a lot of people are still taking a very cautious approach.   

11 hours ago, TheRock said:

I think the interest for next thursday could depend on the result tomorrow. Presuming the game is in the balance I think we'd give it a good go to sell out three sides of the stadium.

• Haha 1

But that’s the 8 times failure of DMs legacy.  I’d argue there was an element of under preparedness in more than a few.  And then there was our propensity to manage out games, even when 1-0 down!

Should we have gone through 8 times?  Of course not.  Once wasn’t a huge ask though, just required a shift in attitude that pervaded the entire club at that time.

29 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

You'd like to think we can go there and win tonight. Are this mob going to be any better than Stavanger? Doubtful. 

Although we've struggled away from home a few times, against that Georgian mob, and Fola Esch. 

I'm also thinking we should be winning tonight. I'm hoping 2-0 or 2-1 Dons.

Totally different game to our second leg against Hacken.

31 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

But that’s the 8 times failure of DMs legacy.  I’d argue there was an element of under preparedness in more than a few.  And then there was our propensity to manage out games, even when 1-0 down!

Should we have gone through 8 times?  Of course not.  Once wasn’t a huge ask though, just required a shift in attitude that pervaded the entire club at that time.

One was a huge task. Remember we have yet to qualify for the PO round in the last 10 years where the quality of opposition would have expected to take another step up.

‘we have a chance to take a step towards that PO round tonight and then we will see where it takes us