Ryan hedges , stay or go

11 hours ago, Granite95 said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/3654357/attacker-ryan-hedges-refuses-to-rule-out-signing-a-new-aberdeen-contract/

Seemingly saying he may sign a new deal, still don't see it happening, soon as a player says they are "keeping their options open" it normally ends one way

Its a very wishy washy response to whatever question was put to him

“Yes. I can’t rule it out but that’s obviously between the club and my agent to work things through and go from there.” 

"My whole focus is here at the moment until I’m told otherwise that a bid’s been accepted or anything else."

“Or a contract is not going to be offered or whatnot.”

Nowhere in his comments has he stated he'd want to or like to stay. If he was happy here his comments would have been less cantered around his agent and finding the best possible payday. I don't blame him for seeking the money, but he's clearly not wanting to hang around here if literally anything else crops up

12 hours ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

No chance he will sign another contract with us away in January window for £250K

Only go for a fee if Blackburn go on a long losing streak between now and January and find themselves in relegation difficulties. If they're just the usual mid table mediocrity, they'll just sign him on a pre-contract and wait till summer. 

Presumably Middlesbrough, having sacked Warnock , will no longer be interested

"Glass faces something of a dilemma with this situation. He remarked in the summer that the club would move on quickly from any signing targets that were on the fence about a move to Pittodrie.

"It's a bold approach to take but surely one that should also be applied to players already at the club."

Some fair points in this article, including the above: https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/aberdeen-stephen-glass-should-list-22111158

On 11/9/2021 at 12:59 PM, Granite95 said:

For me I'd take money in January if we can for HEdges, he clearly doesn't want to stay as per his comments in the media.

Get some cash and look to find a suitable replacement if possible in January

Can we not just play Ramsey further forward and actually source a decent right back?

34 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Hernandez should be due back from his loan soon is he not? MLS have just had their play offs so their season must be nearly done. The fact he has been in and out of their team i find it unlikely they'll buy him. 

United made the play offs so could be still there till mid December, that is when loan will technically end and he would likely get. Month off and be with us mid January onwards, unless the loan was extended 

13 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

As you say get him sold and hopefully use the cash to re invest in the next 2 fergusons 

Amuses me when folk think Scotland is a hot bed of talent and players like Ferguson are appearing all the time. 

Finding them and agreeing terms before another team comes in is a huge challenge. But the biggest challenge is when they don't actually exist

6 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Amuses me when folk think Scotland is a hot bed of talent and players like Ferguson are appearing all the time. 

Finding them and agreeing terms before another team comes in is a huge challenge. But the biggest challenge is when they don't actually exist

Ferguson has been fucking piss for ages so plenty would fill his current talent