Ryan hedges , stay or go

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

Cormack actually on video saying he was on a million dollars over there, so there's no doubt about that.

If Cormack said it, it must be true! 

Not sure if I believe any of those sites, but according to "trusted sources", it's $600k base, although I don't know what the difference between "base" and "guaranteed compensation" is.

https://www.sportekz.com/football/houston-dynamo-players-salaries/

Just now, davieb said:

Nae idea, enlighten me.

Before you do, Hedges was offered more than the "team captain"?

It's more than £9k/week......

And I suspect the Hedges story was carefully worded. There's not a cat's chance in hell he would have been offered more than Brown. But Brown technically is doing 2 jobs, he's also assistant manager. 

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Ramirez took a 6k drop to come. Plausible compared to your almost 10k drop. Come on.

Perhaps as someone has said, Hedges offer was perhaps carefully worded. When they know a player is leaving how often do you hear a club saying 'we offered him the highest wage at the club'. Easy to say when he's leaving to show fans they did their best.

Again come on.

Not my figures champ, just one of the many differing figures online for which you decided 15k per week was correct!

I'd be stunned if Ramirez was on 9k a week but don't care enough to say anymore on the matter.

Hedges been a great free transfer signing on a 3 year deal. Hasn't done enough to be our top earner though. Would be happy if he stayed but lets be honest he's nowhere near the level McGinn and Hayes were operating at 4 to 7 years ago. I'm hoping we can find a better player to get to where we want to be....  hopeful but not confident

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Hedges been a great free transfer signing on a 3 year deal. Hasn't done enough to be our top earner though. Would be happy if he stayed but lets be honest he's nowhere near the level McGinn and Hayes were operating at 4 to 7 years ago. I'm hoping we can find a better player to get to where we want to be....  hopeful but not confident

Well summed up 

Back on topic. Ryan Hedges stay or go.
In all honesty I do not really believe he is that good a player and I just don't get the "love" for the lad, moreover than that the club have made him an offer and he has apparently rejected it. OK fair enough Ryan that's your prerogative and your choice.

Cheerio min and dinna lit the door hit you on arse on your way oot.

next........................... 

1 hour ago, blowupsheep said:

Back on topic. Ryan Hedges stay or go.
In all honesty I do not really believe he is that good a player and I just don't get the "love" for the lad, moreover than that the club have made him an offer and he has apparently rejected it. OK fair enough Ryan that's your prerogative and your choice.

Cheerio min and dinna lit the door hit you on arse on your way oot.

next........................... 

It will be interesting to see if we accept around £75k to let him go during this window. I hope he can drop Teddy Jenks off somewhere in England when he is heading down to Blackburn.

On 1/6/2022 at 9:03 AM, Bournemouth Gee said:

Good post.

Creative players that perform week in week out are very hard to find.

I think we will miss him

We will miss him because we don't have any other creativity in the team other than Ramsay and it looks like he might well be gone too. We already miss him when he's injured or if he has a poor game. 

What other creative players do we have in the squad... McGinn (a spent force at this level sadly), Hayes (final ball seems to get worse with age and no longer as willing to take on his opponent), McLennan (terribly inconsistent but consistently terrible at crossing a ball), Kennedy (injured and crap), JET (on his day brilliant, but unbelievably slow and rarely seems to be in the right positions to cause much damage), Watkins (doesn't really create much, more a player who can run channels, link play and get us up the pitch), Jenks (invisible most of the time).

Need to clear out all of these guys except maybe Hayes and Watkins, and bring in some fast, creative players. As you say, finding such players who perform week in week out is difficult. That's why I think we need 2 or 3 of them so we're not reliant on just 1 as we are with Hedges at the moment.

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

We will miss him because we don't have any other creativity in the team other than Ramsay and it looks like he might well be gone too. We already miss him when he's injured or if he has a poor game. 

What other creative players do we have in the squad... McGinn (a spent force at this level sadly), Hayes (final ball seems to get worse with age and no longer as willing to take on his opponent), McLennan (terribly inconsistent but consistently terrible at crossing a ball), Kennedy (injured and crap), JET (on his day brilliant, but unbelievably slow and rarely seems to be in the right positions to cause much damage), Watkins (doesn't really create much, more a player who can run channels, link play and get us up the pitch), Jenks (invisible most of the time).

Need to clear out all of these guys except maybe Hayes and Watkins, and bring in some fast, creative players. As you say, finding such players who perform week in week out is difficult. That's why I think we need 2 or 3 of them so we're not reliant on just 1 as we are with Hedges at the moment.

Can’t argue with any of that 

7 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

The lack of genuine pace across the team is very concerning 

Sky sports reporting Blackburn have made an offer for Hedges as they don’t want to miss out on him to rivals and Hedges wants the move to happen.

Aberdeen should wait it out and see if any other bids come in and then sell, no point keeping an injury prone player for six month who either won’t put in the effort or will get injured.

47 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Sky sports reporting Blackburn have made an offer for Hedges as they don’t want to miss out on him to rivals and Hedges wants the move to happen.

Aberdeen should wait it out and see if any other bids come in and then sell, no point keeping an injury prone player for six month who either won’t put in the effort or will get injured.

Name them our price and if they match it let him go. I wouldn't waste time waiting for other bids etc - you're not going to get much for a guy who's free in 6 months. It might be an extra £50k or something but nothing significant. If we got £250k for him that would be pretty decent. I'd rather we got it sorted early in the window so we have time to get a replacement in rather than leave it until the day before the window shuts then fail in a desperate last minute bid for a replacement and end up having to re-sign Austin Samuels as his replacement until the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

Name them our price and if they match it let him go. I wouldn't waste time waiting for other bids etc - you're not going to get much for a guy who's free in 6 months. It might be an extra £50k or something but nothing significant. If we got £250k for him that would be pretty decent. I'd rather we got it sorted early in the window so we have time to get a replacement in rather than leave it until the day before the window shuts then fail in a desperate last minute bid for a replacement and end up having to re-sign Austin Samuels as his replacement until the end of the season.

I’d accept 250k but if they lowball with 50k bids or something stupid like that I’d hold off and wait it out a bit lower. 

3 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

That would only cover what we lost in our home game v Dundee.

He'd be worth more in team points on the board.

Not if he ain’t putting in a shift or is injured he ain’t.

Aberdeen turned down 500k in the summer, no way Blackburn will offer that or more for a player they can get for nothing in six months

9 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Aberdeen turned down 500k in the summer, no way Blackburn will offer that or more for a player they can get for nothing in six months

Fine.

I'd keep him.

2 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

His lack of consistency, injury record and him not wanting to get injured which would put his next more in danger

We need points on the board more than we need 250K.

If he wants away on a good contract and wants in the Wales squad, then I'm confident he'd help us move up the table.

If we were to bank £500k+ for Hedges and use that money to get McGrath and another out of contract in summer target as a direct replacement for Hedges in just now then I think that would be ok business (depending on who the replacement for Hedges is). If we aren't going to bring in a direct replacement for him then we need to keep him. Despite his inconsistency he will definitely help us put points on the board that the likes of McLennan and JET won't. 

We should also have the wages freed up by binning Longstaff and Samuels to get another loan in as well, although with the threat of limited crowds for the rest of the season we'll maybe want to trim the wage bill slightly despite Cormack's twitter rantings.

22 minutes ago, Roberto said:

600k and they can have him now.

Otherwise GTF until summer.

Exactly this. They need him now for their promotion push, summer will be no use to them. Likewise, unless we have a PROVEN direct replacement then we need to keep him. Straight forward.