Ryan hedges , stay or go

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I think £500k is pie in the sky stuff. 

£250k would probably cover what we will pay for McGrath. Far better to accept that and have a player who really wants to be with us as against a player who definitely wants to be elsewhere.

I’d be shocked if we got £500k but delighted. Think £250k will be a lot closer and he can fuck off this month as nothing worse than a player running down his contract.

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

£250k would probably cover what we will pay for McGrath. Far better to accept that and have a player who really wants to be with us as against a player who definitely wants to be elsewhere.

Spot on. St.Mirren aren’t wanting anyone we are offering and just want hard cash. All we need to do is sell Hedges for the same amount we purchase McGrath to have his services now. It’s been well known he signed the pre-contract last week so hopefully the lad gets to turn out for the Dons very shortly. We need more goals in our team and this player will definitely add that.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Historically, yes, it has been, however, I believe we've got to hold our nerve.

We know that Blackburn need Hedges and they can afford that amount.

We don't need to sell, and we'd be feeding a general (Scottish football) precedent of looking weak if we blinked first, IMHO.

500K, take it or leave it.

I'm fine either way.

9 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Historically, yes, it has been, however, I believe we've got to hold our nerve.

We know that Blackburn need Hedges and they can afford that amount.

We don't need to sell, and we'd be feeding a general (Scottish football) precedent of looking weak if we blinked first, IMHO.

500K, take it or leave it.

I'm fine either way.

Exactly did we not flog Lee Miller for £500k years ago when he had six months on his contract? 

Also think we got a decent wedge for Foster!!! 

26 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aye and taking the cash turned out to be the wrong decision. 

Hadnt thought about that before... now that I do think about it, if we had Michael Hart and Chris Clark in the team for the semi final that we do not speak of, I doubt we would have conceded 4 goals. Clark was really consistent around then. Especially the season before.

6 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aye and taking the cash turned out to be the wrong decision. 

I agree. Both players were under-rated by many Dons fans.

It was more an observation that if we could get that sort of fee for Chris Clark about 20 years ago, there's no reason why we shouldn't expect the guts of.half a million quid now for Hedges

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Nowhere near good enough to play in the EPL in Blackburn go back up this year. Bizzare one… you’d think they’d want him for the championship run-in, given the crazy number of games they play down there.

That's always been my take on things, but good luck to him

I doubt he'll care much that he's playing for Blackburn's reserves as his weekly paycheck for something north of £10k/week comes in. And if he can wangle a way down there immediately, and they do go up, he'll earn himself a nice wee promotion bonus payment into the bargain.

He'll get a game for them in 2023/24 after they come tumbling straight back down again