Ryan hedges , stay or go

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Looks like Dundee United are getting around a million for Shankland who has less than a year left on his contract. 

No reason why we shouldn't be asking the same for Hedges 

Hedges is far superior to the snipers dream, he found his level in the championship. That Belgian lot must be bonkers paying a million for him

1 hour ago, Chester Don said:

Perhaps a bit of a swop deal being lined up with Hibs, Hedges and a bit of cash for Boyle?  Allows Ferguson to be sold, which may also be further advanced than we think?

Bit of cash to us I hope - Hedges is better than Boyle 

10 hours ago, Wee Alickie said:

If Hedges goes we should go for Marley Watkins who was great for us (until Brooner put him out of the game for months. )

He scored twice last night for Cardiff City on his debut - both well taken goals as seen on SSN. Cardiff only have him on a one month contract until deadline day 31 August. 

He's nae going to come here over Cardiff if he gets offered a deal.

Cardiff very convenient for Bristol as well so wouldn't have to up root.

17 hours ago, Bisco_Inferno said:

It's up on his Instagram that he's moving house so looks like he's away

Think the club are quite good at advising the players on what they should and shouldn't post on social media. Would be surprised if he's dropping hints on Instagram that he's moving on to another club without the club confirming it first.

21 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Think the club are quite good at advising the players on what they should and shouldn't post on social media. Would be surprised if he's dropping hints on Instagram that he's moving on to another club without the club confirming it first.

Yeah, this is my take on it too - it's either really stupid of him, or highly disrespectful of him, if he is indeed leaving. He doesn't come across as either of those (any more so than average footballer) which makes me think he's not actually moving. I'm not on twitter so don't know if any questions were asked and whether he responded to them. If he doesn't play tonight then rumour mill will be in full flow.

I would be disappointed if he left because he's one of our only genuinely entertaining, exciting players to watch who is capable of going past players and creating chances and scoring goals with a bit of magic. Has he done it consistently - not really - but he was generally very good last season and we were dismal without him. Finding a replacement of similar quality wouldn't be easy - we've had our fair share of hopeless wingers / forwards over recent years. Even someone who looked like being a reasonable signing on paper, such as Kennedy, has proven to fall far short of the standard required. Someone like Martin Boyle would be your equivalent to Hedges, but won't come cheap, even though he's a bit older.