Ryan hedges , stay or go

8 hours ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Hope I’m wrong but I  think  his departure will be  announced after game tonight or tomorrow.   You don’t use an Edinburgh removal firm to move you 16 miles into town.. His house in Banchory is on the market.  

Home cinema/games rooms has been made to measure (that’s what my mate in Edinburgh does) hopefully for a new house in Aberdeen then

2 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

He had about 5 very good chances Thursday playing up top. If he doesn’t sign a new deal I’d rather keep and lose for free. That number of chances per game is tough to replace (especially after last season) and worth a lot more than £500-700k over a season. 

I disagree. Take the money. Sign a chura type prospect and flip him. You dont let the car go to the junk yard or off the lot for free when a customer will pay good money. At least not on cormack's budget. This is a selling team. 

• 2 months later...
24 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nae sure Tony will be there IN January to sign Hedges. 

Getting thumped 6-0 at home doesn't normally bode well 

Finished 7-0. Blackburn went down to ten men after 30 minutes (2-0 down at the time)

Blackburn only 2pts off a top six spot so don’t think Mowbray will be seeing his P45 anytime soon

50 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Being that close to play offs might loosen the Blackburn purse strings in January. Hedges out and McGrath in I’d accept 

Conversely, they might view Hedges as not being good enough for the EPL if they had a realistic chance of promotion

But I don't think even the most optimistic of Blackburn supporters.......or even Mowbray........really believes that they do.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Conversely, they might view Hedges as not being good enough for the EPL if they had a realistic chance of promotion

But I don't think even the most optimistic of Blackburn supporters.......or even Mowbray........really believes that they do.

Very true and I don’t think Hedges is EPL standard. 

I’m not understanding the clamour to get McGrath if he leaves - completely different player imo. McGrath for Ferguson would be a better shout. There aren’t many players in the current league who do the same thing as hedges, and non that we could either afford or want due to age, so we’ll have to look elsewhere.