Scott Brown So Far.

3 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Haha Noticed that too. We had played two pre-season games and there were shouts that we should be resting players after the Hacken home game!!

Aye and then they'll slate Glass for playing Campbell , Gurr or McLennan conveniently forgetting they wanted Ramsay, Brown etc rested. 

Players want/need games at this stage in the season. Our best chance of a good start is to give these guys opportunities to forge an understanding. 

45 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Folk are obsessed with resting players 

Celtic were resting him plenty last season. We may not like them but I'm sure they know what they are doing and he's now a year older. When the chance arises, it is absolutely prudent to do so. 

Last season Hoban was running on empty by late Feb/early March because injuries stopped us from giving him a much needed rest. And he's nearly 9 years younger than Brown and played only a fraction of how many games Brown has in their respective careers.

Brown's role means he hardly has to do any running. The other midfielders like Ferguson and Ojo have that role in the team. 

Rest the ones that aren't in as good form if we do need to rest anyone. We should avoid resting Brown, Ramirez and Ramsay at the moment. 

Plus, 5 subs in Europe gives you loads of opportunity to manage game time for players. 

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Celtic were resting him plenty last season. We may not like them but I'm sure they know what they are doing and he's now a year older. When the chance arises, it is absolutely prudent to do so. 

Last season Hoban was running on empty by late Feb/early March because injuries stopped us from giving him a much needed rest. And he's nearly 9 years younger than Brown and played only a fraction of how many games Brown has in their respective careers.

Brown isn't Hoban. 

If you asked Brown to sit out a game just now he'd tell you that you were nuts. He's just getting up to speed. 

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Brown's role means he hardly has to do any running. The other midfielders like Ferguson and Ojo have that role in the team. 

Rest the ones that aren't in as good form if we do need to rest anyone. We should avoid resting Brown, Ramirez and Ramsay at the moment. 

Plus, 5 subs in Europe gives you loads of opportunity to manage game time for players. 

This exactly. He's experienced enough to give himself a rest during the games at the correct moments.

He can manage himself through.

11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Brown isn't Hoban. 

If you asked Brown to sit out a game just now he'd tell you that you were nuts. He's just getting up to speed. 

Then I'd hope Glass reminds him he's also our assistant manager ( at least I think he is, was his official role ever clarified). And that he is here to learn how to make correct decisions as to utilising a squad of players effectively. 

If we cannot beat Raith without him in the side then our squad is nowhere near as good as we think

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

The anti Brown, pro Logan, pro McInnes paps are rather quiet these days. Lovely stuff and long may it last. 

Regarding Tonev, I've always been pro Logan, but would you really expect folk to still be talking about that incident now?

Brown, in his own words, went from "knowing" to "not knowing".

It's done, and it's it's bizarre of you to try and equate Brown's then off-field role with Celtic with his current contribution with Aberdeen when one has nothing to do with the other.

6 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Regarding Tonev, I've always been pro Logan, but would you really expect folk to still be talking about that incident now?

Brown, in his own words, went from "knowing" to "not knowing".

It's done, and it's it's bizarre of you to try and equate Brown's then off-field role with Celtic with his current contribution with Aberdeen when one has nothing to do with the other.

Most of the folk who were anti Brown was because of the Logan thing. Or they were a bender. Or Canadian. 

Fuck Logan. Forza Broon.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Folk are obsessed with resting players 

Modern generation - absolute fannies

Players are kicking a ball about for 90 minutes not doing 12 hour shifts down a coal mine

*edit to say Brown been fantastic so far, absolute class act

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Most of the folk who were anti Brown was because of the Logan thing.

And taunting the Aberdeen support after the Cup loss.

It was brave of Brown to leave Celtic for Aberdeen.

He said that he'd have to win over the Aberdeen support, and no one can deny that he's done that quickly and emphatically.

18 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Or they were a bender. Or Canadian. 

No, the whole support was behind Logan and against Brown's stance in 2014 and felt that justice had been done when Tonev's seven game suspension was handed out.

Again... the stand Brown took while at Celtic 7 years ago has nothing to do with what he is bringing to Aberdeen now.

24 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Fuck Logan. 

I appreciate his contributions as a player during his time here, but he's his own worst enemy now.

26 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Forza Broon.

Well, I am (but I don't see a need to go about the unnecessary exercise of trying to rewrite history).

24 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

And taunting the Aberdeen support after the Cup loss.

It was brave of Brown to leave Celtic for Aberdeen.

He said that he'd have to win over the Aberdeen support, and no one can deny that he's done that quickly and emphatically.

No, the whole support was behind Logan and against Brown's stance in 2014 and felt that justice had been done when Tonev's seven game suspension was handed out.

Again... the stand Brown took while at Celtic 7 years ago has nothing to do with what he is bringing to Aberdeen now.

I appreciate his contributions as a player during his time here, but he's his own worst enemy now.

Well, I am (but I don't see a need to go about the unnecessary exercise of trying to rewrite history).

Chill oot Scotty min. 

Just the fact you never even notice half of what he's doing is terrific. 

Regardless of his experience, domestic and European, reading of the game, and combative attitude, I think, for me, the biggest contribution to us has been his passing. The fact he can pass the ball accurately to another team member is a revelation. Too often we've players who can't even fucking do that. You lose track of the number of misplaced passes from guys like Hayes and Ojo, and enough of those poor passes influence the entire flow of the game. Just that we're retaining possession in the middle, rather than pissing it away again and again and again, makes all the difference.  It goes unnoticed in the scheme of things, but it's huge. 

Add in that he wins balls, winds up the opposition, and argues constantly with opponents and the ref, and he gives us a presence in the middle of the field that we've missed for years. 

Quite a good signing, really. 

spacer.png

• Upvote 1

What I like is he is clearly the centre of attention on the pitch but extremely generous

you always know where he is - but he isnt making the golden passes,whistling shots past the keeper stopping the opposition players in their tracks 

Sometimes he is the centre of the action other time he is a key part to the action and other times he is just supporting the action. but he is always there.

There is always an outball to him but then can see where it goes next and its usually to a younger player to carry the ball from where he is forward 10 yards

Oh and it starts from the walk onto the pitch - and I think pittodrie is great for this. watch him on the walk out he sets the entire pace he walks out and is 5 yards ahead of Lewis and the ref and the oppossition and setting the pace before the game has started -everyone has to keep up with him. Wouldnt be much at most grounds as its only 10 yards - at pittodrie its 50 yards and everyone has to go at his pace 

5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Obvious chance to give Brown a rest coming up next weekend v Raith. Hopefully things go well prior to that v Breidablik.......a 2 goal lead at HT should allow us to take him off at HT.

Good chance to give Campbell a run out

Please, let’s not see Campbell in the team for a long long time. Loan him out by all means but don’t stick him in the first team.