Scott Brown So Far.

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

McGeouch would do a great job covering for Brown if and when he needs rested

2 hours ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Please, let’s not see Campbell in the team for a long long time. Loan him out by all means but don’t stick him in the first team.

Amazing... cannae be arsed going back and quoting the threads, but I was slated for saying McGeouch was a far better player/option than Campbell last season. The cameo appearances (well, a full 45 last night) for me have shown the ability/grit he has. I don't want any bad mojo upon Dean, but he's not at that level for this side right now. A half-season on loan to a top Championship side, to toughen him up, would be the best route for his development in my opinion.

38 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Anyone able to make out what Brown is shouting at their player after the second goal in the alternative view video on Redtv? 

We never stop.... we never stop (which, ironically, they did... at least until the 2nd half).

I had reservations that Brown would be here just to pick up a final paycheck before moving to coaching, and not put the effort in like that shyster Macnamara. But since his first interview I have been pleasantly suprised.

I hated him when he played for Celtic, but its clear he is a profesional with a winners mentality. Something AFC has been lacking recently.

1 hour ago, Tinyweelad said:

Amazing... cannae be arsed going back and quoting the threads, but I was slated for saying McGeouch was a far better player/option than Campbell last season. The cameo appearances (well, a full 45 last night) for me have shown the ability/grit he has. I don't want any bad mojo upon Dean, but he's not at that level for this side right now. A half-season on loan to a top Championship side, to toughen him up, would be the best route for his development in my opinion.

I never slated you for your opinion on this

I defended Campbell a lot last season as I thought he deserved to be in that McInnes team as some of the others fell off a cliff and he at least showed up and tried his best. 

But now we've got Brown and we play a different system with only one pivot he's going to struggle to get enough games. I agree he should go out on loan and play in a team where he's expected to be a key performer every week and not going to be seen as the young homegrown lad in the squad.

A loan to a bottom half Premier or top half championship team for 6 months would do him good I think. 

Brown does look like he’s enjoying himself, maybe getting a bit of his swagger back at being the centre of attention again. Felt he was getting made the scape goat at times from Celtic fans last season but he’s been brilliant so far so no complaints.

On young Deano I’d be inclined to keep him at the club this season. He’ll learn more from training and playing alongside Brown and our coaches than going on loan to the likes of Ross County.

2 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

On young Deano I’d be inclined to keep him at the club this season. He’ll learn more from training and playing alongside Brown and our coaches than going on loan to the likes of Ross County.

Nope. He needs game time which will be limited for him at AFC this season. Deano has the makings of a tidy player, he needs the minutes on the park to mature

4 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Campbell is a decent player but he is well down the pecking order I cannot  see him getting much gametime anymore

Perhaps we  should sell him on as we need aother striker urgently 

Perhaps trade in Campbell in for McGrath at St Mirren  cash player exchange deal

Football is harsh on players sometimes but it's a cut throat bussiness and we need another  striker rather than paying wages for a back up player who might get 10 mins gamete occasionally 

• Upvote 1

Campbell is 20, and has plenty scope for development. If he were 24 and still struggling for form I'd punt him... 

Loan move to Cove might be a good move for a season... if he struggles at that level then bin him, fair enough.

Campbell will be a player and yes, he would learn plenty from Brown, but perhaps loaning him out (preferably to another SPFL team) at this time would be beneficial to him if he cannot break through into the starting line up. Coming off the bench every week/other week benefits nobody.

8 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

McGeough is a cracking footballer who's unfortunately been hampered by injuries and Mcinnes anti football philosphy. Given he stays injury free and gets a run of games i think he will be more than a bit part player this season. 

I like Campbell but think he should get a full season out on loan at a dundee or some other middle of the road mob that would give him minutes because i think they will be hard to come by for him this season. 

9 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

The issue with Campbell is he was thrown in the deep end around an underperforming team. Young players need to play with experienced players to learn, whereas Campbell was thrown in and it was a tough lesson end of last season where he had some good performances and some bad ones. 

Mcgeouch also struggled in the underperforming team (Hibs away he was shocking) but he will do well now I think. He’s a good player.

12 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Ah right 

So hammer mcinnes for not giving youngsters a chance AND hammer him for giving youngsters a chance?

You really do talk some amount of huey 

I’m not hammering McInnes. It was Glass who played Campbell more ffs :laughing:

Ive always defended McInnes on his record with youth saying it wasn’t that bad. Do your research thicko.

Back on topic - I'm impressed with Brown but not surprised. He's always been a cunt - that part of his style - but he's ours now. He's clearly a leader, reads the game very well and never stops talking at the referee, our players and the opposition. Haven''t had all that for a long while - maybe not since God.

8 hours ago, Crossbow said:

Back on topic - I'm impressed with Brown but not surprised. He's always been a cunt - that part of his style - but he's ours now. He's clearly a leader, reads the game very well and never stops talking at the referee, our players and the opposition. Haven''t had all that for a long while - maybe not since God.

3 hours ago, beef_sister said:

He could potentially be the best signing we've made in a long, long time.....

I'm not doubting that Brown will be a really good signing but we've had some very good signings over recent years and in reference to the stuff mentioned by Crossbow, is it not fair to say Shinnie did all of that? 

From what I've seen so far I've no reason to doubt we will get two good seasons out of Brown though. Maybe even a third if we're lucky. 

30 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Just watched it... "We do not stop. We do not stop."

That makes sense. I like this. Bit ironic given we conceded a two goal lead but I like the fact the captain is fiery and backs his team. 

6 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

I'm not doubting that Brown will be a really good signing but we've had some very good signings over recent years and in reference to the stuff mentioned by Crossbow, is it not fair to say Shinnie did all of that? 

From what I've seen so far I've no reason to doubt we will get two good seasons out of Brown though. Maybe even a third if we're lucky. 

That makes sense. I like this. Bit ironic given we conceded a two goal lead but I like the fact the captain is fiery and backs his team. 

True enough Shinnie did get into the ref's face - he was a good captain. Best captain we'd had for a long time, I sit corrected.

13 hours ago, Millertime said:

Brown, to be fair, is light years ahead of Shinnie, isn't he?

Of course he is..... Hence i said he could be out best signing for a long time. Putting Shinnie in that bracket i'm not having it, If you get 2 years of scott brown at 36 -38 and he performs ashe has started then it eclipses anything Shinnie done with us IMO. BTW i like Shinnie and he was brillaint for us

• Upvote 3