Scott Brown So Far.

1 hour ago, sheepcrooky said:

I would rest him for Sunday. The Euro game on Thursday is massive for AFC, Sunday away to Raith should be easy with any holding midfielder. 

I’m inclined to agree with this, you’d think Ferguson, McGeouch, Jenks, Ojo etc would cope with Raith Rovers. No disrespect to Rovers, have a wee soft spot for them since the Celtic cup final shootout. However I still have PTSD from the 1-1 game where McDonald equalised right at the death. One of the worst games I’ve ever been to, if not the worst. Only saving grace was the mayhem at the equaliser.

21 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Best signing we've made in years.

He was the cunt we all hated. Like a stinky, warty cunt you would find on a lady from Ferriers. But now he's like this fragrant, freshly cleaned cunt which we all love and want to lick out.

Bravo Brooner. Keep it fresh min.

That's quite the critique that. Well played son.

9 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

What if.... Brown were only to do 'The Huddle' v the Tims at Celtic Park/Hampden?

Scenes. 

Acceptable, or not?

I would prefer a goal celebration in the face of Callum McGregor. 3 inches away from his face, but a different one from the ‘broony’…ie the Brooner. That would be funny ??

11 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Only saving grace was the mayhem at the equaliser.

That was indeed some bounce.

Fair thought our march to the Cup final had been salvaged. ?

11 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s an absolutely shit tie travel wise, so much time lost just travelling.

It's only a 5 hour flight.

Think I said in another thread before we knew the Qarabag- AEL outcome, that Baku would only be 30 mins more flying time than Larnaka.

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

That was indeed some bounce.

Fair thought our march to the Cup final had been salvaged. ?

It's only a 5 hour flight.

Think I said in another thread before we knew the Qarabag- AEL outcome, that Baku would only be 30 mins more flying time than Larnaka.

Correct. It's not that far.

When I went for work it was something like 5 and a half hours out of London. 

I see kick off is 5pm UK time. So 8pm over there.

Team should arrive back in Aberdeen some time around 3-4am then, depending on how quickly Glass can do his post-match presser and get everyone on the bus back to the airport. Not exactly ideal when you are facing a trip down to Edinburgh for a kick off 60 hours later.

Anyone know if the team are still travelling down to the central belt the day before matches and staying in hotels or has covid protocols meant that they're now travelling down on the day of the match?

54 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Team should arrive back in Aberdeen some time around 3-4am then, depending on how quickly Glass can do his post-match presser and get everyone on the bus back to the airport. Not exactly ideal when you are facing a trip down to Edinburgh for a kick off 60 hours later.

Anyone know if the team are still travelling down to the central belt the day before matches and staying in hotels or has covid protocols meant that they're now travelling down on the day of the match?

They did for Livvie. 

I'd be tempted to not even take a couple of players to Baku with a view to them starting at Tynecastle. Not obvious who the candidates would be though? Campbell? Kennedy? Jenks? 

Most of the celtic fans I work with were gutted when brown signed for us. A couple of them mentioned how big an influence he was - constantly speaking to team mates, positional instructions, niggling the ref and opposition. 

I always thought he was a cock tbh. But I can see where the celtic fans were coming from.

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

I thought he’d be a walking yellow card for us, especially in the big games where we needed him most, but so far he’s been a class act

Thought the same,but we'll see how brave the refs in front of 50'000 baying mutants at Ibrox or Parkhead. 

Playing wise he's exceeded my expectations.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Playing in Edinburgh on the Sunday is not ideal but the Qarabag ties are so much more important than the game at Tynecastle. I'd happily take defeat at Hearts with a shadow team if it means keeping our best players fresh for the second leg to get us through to the group stage.

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

They did for Livvie. 

I'd be tempted to not even take a couple of players to Baku with a view to them starting at Tynecastle. Not obvious who the candidates would be though? Campbell? Kennedy? Jenks? 

Can't see Jenks or Campbell being that tired after sitting having an in flight meal and taking a wee nap for a couple of hours. 

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Team should arrive back in Aberdeen some time around 3-4am then, depending on how quickly Glass can do his post-match presser and get everyone on the bus back to the airport. Not exactly ideal when you are facing a trip down to Edinburgh for a kick off 60 hours later

What time should grown men be in their beds 3 days before a match? 

People are completely overestimating the travel aspect of this. 

They'll be back a couple of hours later than they would if they were taking the team bus back from Glasgow after a midweek game. 

1 hour ago, Laichomoray said:

Thought the same,but we'll see how brave the refs in front of 50'000 baying mutants at Ibrox or Parkhead. 

Playing wise he's exceeded my expectations.

That’ll be the big test. He won’t get away with the shite he did for Celtic in those games playing for us.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What time should grown men be in their beds 3 days before a match? 

People are completely overestimating the travel aspect of this. 

They'll be back a couple of hours later than they would if they were taking the team bus back from Glasgow after a midweek game. 

Aye I forgot that travelling across 3 times zones twice in around 36 hours, with a 90 minute game in between where the players run in excess of 6 miles and then fly home with any injuries picked up in tourist class pitch seats and with disturbed sleep patterns causes absolutely no adverse physiological effects whatsoever....

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Aye I forgot that travelling across 3 times zones twice in around 36 hours, with a 90 minute game in between where the players run in excess of 6 miles and then fly home with any injuries picked up in tourist class pitch seats and with disturbed sleep patterns causes absolutely no adverse physiological effects whatsoever....

It's a 5 hour flight min.

Nae a trip around the world on a tandem cycle. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

You ever thought of offering your services to the club as a sports scientist? 

I'm sure they will be very interested 

No but I spent years on regular long haul flights.  This flight isn't that big a deal. 

5 hours and 3 time zones is nothing to worry about. Would be different if they were flying from the States to Aberdeen or the far east to Aberdeen but they'll be back the same night that they leave.  

Then they will have 3 full sleeps before they play Hearts on Sunday. 

The exertions of the match may tire some but the flight won't have any impact whatsoever.