Scott Brown So Far.

6 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s not just a 5 hour flight though, is it? It’s all the pish before and after. 

What pish before and after? 

I assume they are chartering a flight which will take them straight back to Aberdeen. That's about as low hassle as you can get. 

We really molly coddle footballers far too much these days. 

5 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Have you never been on a flight before?

Seriously min? 

They'll get on a bus at the stadium and be chauffeured to the airport where they will show their passports and get on their charter flight. 

They'll get a bite to eat, watch something on the video screen and probably have a wee nap before arriving at an empty Aberdeen airport where they'll get straight through passport control.  Then they'll go to bed and have a wee lie in til lunchtime on Friday.  Then no game until Sunday. 

They'll be fine. 

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What pish before and after? 

I assume they are chartering a flight which will take them straight back to Aberdeen. That's about as low hassle as you can get. 

We really molly coddle footballers far too much these days. 

Pish like rehydration and replenishing electrolytes lost after strenuous exercise. Physiological disturbances in achieving this occur at high altitudes (as a frequent flier you must be aware that dehydration is pretty much the commonest side effect of air travel). Also flushing out high serum lactate is inhibited. 

Pish like lower oxygen saturations (your average plane pressurizes to a level equivalent to breathing the oxygen at 2 miles above sea level). Any injuries ideally receive oxygen at sea level concentrations at worst to optimise recovery levels. Hyperbaric oxygen improves healing time even more)

Pish like disturbing circadian rhythms.

And having to recover for another match 2 and a half days later......involving a fairly lengthy bus journey, albeit at much higher comfort levels than in a chartered aircraft.

Stuff that no one gave a shit about in the 80s is now standard practice. Resulting in players of a much higher standard of fitness

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Pish like rehydration and replenishing electrolytes lost after strenuous exercise. Physiological disturbances in achieving this occur at high altitudes (as a frequent flier you must be aware that dehydration is pretty much the commonest side effect of air travel). Also flushing out high serum lactate is inhibited. 

Pish like lower oxygen saturations (your average plane pressurizes to a level equivalent to breathing the oxygen at 2 miles above sea level). Any injuries ideally receive oxygen at sea level concentrations at worst to optimise recovery levels. Hyperbaric oxygen improves healing time even more)

Pish like disturbing circadian rhythms.

And having to recover for another match 2 and a half days later......involving a fairly lengthy bus journey, albeit at much higher comfort levels than in a chartered aircraft.

Stuff that no one gave a shit about in the 80s is now standard practice. Resulting in players of a much higher standard of fitness

Aye they'll have to make sure they are rehydrated but that's easy during/after a 5 hour flight.  It's 4 hours to fucking Mallorca from Aberdeen on your holidays. Nobody considers that a long haul flight. 

You're totally over egging the effects of this flight. 

You must be flying Buddy Holly airlines

I go from Glasgow or Edinburgh. 2 hrs 30 tops. 15 minutes more from Aberdeen.

You and I aren't athletes. You aren't running 6 miles plus, some of at full pelt and them jumping on a flight 2 hours later with fresh bruising and muscles full of lactic acid

The flight is only part of the overall effects. None of which are conducive to the players performing to their optimal levels 60 hours later

Just now, Ten Caat said:

You must be flying Buddy Holly airlines

I go from Glasgow or Edinburgh. 2 hrs 30 tops. 15 minutes more from Aberdeen.

You and I aren't athletes. You aren't running 6 miles plus, some of at full pelt and them jumping on a flight 2 hours later with fresh bruising and muscles full of lactic acid

The flight is only part of the overall effects. None of which are conducive to the players performing to their optimal levels 60 hours later

They'll have a lie in on the Friday. 

Those who played will probably get the whole day off. The ones that didn't might be in on the afternoon for a bit of light training. 

Then a good night's sleep on the Friday night. 

And then there will still be the best part of 2 days before they play Hearts.  Saturday will be pre match prep as usual. 

And they're playing against Andy Halliday, nae fucking Cristiano Ronaldo. 

I'm not saying that those who travel and play 90 minutes won't be completely unaffected but we're talking about young, fit guys. And I'm sure the manager will mix the starting line up for the Hearts a wee bit as well.  We've got a squad of 23 players. 

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They'll have a lie in on the Friday. 

Those who played will probably get the whole day off. The ones that didn't might be in on the afternoon for a bit of light training. 

Then a good night's sleep on the Friday night. 

And then there will still be the best part of 2 days before they play Hearts.  Saturday will be pre match prep as usual. 

And they're playing against Andy Halliday, nae fucking Cristiano Ronaldo. 

I'm not saying that those who travel and play 90 minutes won't be completely unaffected but we're talking about young, fit guys. And I'm sure the manager will mix the starting line up for the Hearts a wee bit as well.  We've got a squad of 23 players. 

So after all that you are now admitting that it will have an effect on the players. Lol

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Aye I forgot that travelling across 3 times zones twice in around 36 hours, with a 90 minute game in between where the players run in excess of 6 miles and then fly home with any injuries picked up in tourist class pitch seats and with disturbed sleep patterns causes absolutely no adverse physiological effects whatsoever....

Let's break down what you have said:- 

▪︎ Travelling across time zones - they will be there and back the same night, so not long enough to get used to a new time zone. Makes no difference to Sunday. 

▪︎Having to play 90 mins of football/run 6 miles - That's their job. 

▪︎ Go home sitting on seats injured - is that not a risk with EVERY game we play? Players get injured sometimes. It happens. I think plane seats are more comfortable than you're average coach seat anyway. 

Stop writing Glasses excuse book for him ffs :banghead: 

47 minutes ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Let's break down what you have said:- 

▪︎ Travelling across time zones - they will be there and back the same night, so not long enough to get used to a new time zone. Makes no difference to Sunday. 

▪︎Having to play 90 mins of football/run 6 miles - That's their job. 

▪︎ Go home sitting on seats injured - is that not a risk with EVERY game we play? Players get injured sometimes. It happens. I think plane seats are more comfortable than you're average coach seat anyway. 

Stop writing Glasses excuse book for him ffs :banghead: 

They travel the day before the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Scott Brown: After leaving Celtic, the Aberdeen midfielder wants to 'prove you all wrong' again - BBC Sport

Good article.  I particularly liked the following quote:

"I was never one to run and get a strip from other players. 'Please, sir, can we swap shirts?' I've never done it. I wouldn't speak to them in the tunnel, I wouldn't help them up off the floor if I fouled them, I wouldn't speak to them after the game. That was my way of getting through. No respect,"

I'm really, really glad we have him here.

8 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

Scott Brown: After leaving Celtic, the Aberdeen midfielder wants to 'prove you all wrong' again - BBC Sport

"I was never one to run and get a strip from other players. 'Please, sir, can we swap shirts?' I've never done it. I wouldn't speak to them in the tunnel, I wouldn't help them up off the floor if I fouled them, I wouldn't speak to them after the game. That was my way of getting through. No respect,"

An absolute arsehole on the pitch.  Hated him for it when he played for Celtic, but everything you need in a captain in your side. 100% focus on winning and his own side, none of the bullshit. 

Proper captain material.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Millertime said:

Great interview 

Rips logan too

"I took a bad touch and he's just lunged at me, nowhere near the ball, smashed me and then I got the ball smacked off the back of my head from whatshisname... [Shay] Logan... or whatever he was," Brown recalls. "He smacked the ball off the back of my head and did a runner as he usually does.

"All the crowd were cheering, so I got back up. 'Here we go again, nice and fresh'. It's just something I do. I get hit and I get up and go again. I enjoy the fight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had/have absolutely no problem with Logan showing disrespect to Brown and Celtic opposition in that game in 2018.

We could have used more of that in our squad throughout the years.

I'm not into revisionist history.

What was good then is still good today. 

6 hours ago, milne_afc said:

There’s nothing more pathetic than grown men harking back to ‘hard men’ of their era.

neil Berry would have…

drew busby would have….

mike Galloway…, lolol 

Bunch of arse tickling fairies.

Like the one that said he wished the Aberdeen casuals of the day had ran on the pitch like they did against rangers & see how he reacts to them ?

On 8/14/2021 at 8:03 PM, Millertime said:

Can't think of nothing better?

So you CAN think of something better?

+1

34 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep, I've had to completely change my approach on my WhatsApp group with my pals haha. They have taken great delight in quoting messages from me about brown over the years 

That's football though. Brown is a prick but he is now our prick and will now be doing everything we hated him for doing against us, for us. 

\o/  \o/ 

10 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

"I took a bad touch and he's just lunged at me, nowhere near the ball, smashed me and then I got the ball smacked off the back of my head from whatshisname... [Shay] Logan... or whatever he was," Brown recalls. "He smacked the ball off the back of my head and did a runner as he usually does.

"All the crowd were cheering, so I got back up. 'Here we go again, nice and fresh'. It's just something I do. I get hit and I get up and go again. I enjoy the fight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had/have absolutely no problem with Logan showing disrespect to Brown and Celtic opposition in that game in 2018.

We could have used more of that in our squad throughout the years.

I'm not into revisionist history.

What was good then is still good today. 

There's the key part right there.  Scott Brown in a nutshell.

I get hit and I get up and go again.  Running across the pitch with three of four of them chasing after me.  Meanwhile elsewhere on the pitch our unmarked centre half just passed to our unmarked winger who crosses for our unmarked left fucking back whos pissing ran from our own bastard half to smash it into the roof of their net.  THATS why he was so effective.

3 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

This is a shite name for a topic; "So far", he is always going to decline at some point and the "i told you so" wankers will be out with their pitch forks. Been superb "so far" though.

I took the 'so far' as if to say 'it's too early to judge but what do you think so far?' 

23 hours ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

The bit that stood out to me, was Rodgers asking him what was wrong with the team and he says they're not working hard enough. 

Always felt like it seems like an easy time playing for us for most of the last 25 years. 

20 hours ago, milne_afc said:

There’s nothing more pathetic than grown men harking back to ‘hard men’ of their era.

neil Berry would have…

drew busby would have….

mike Galloway…, lolol 

Bunch of arse tickling fairies.

My pathetic input - Rougvie would have torn the limbs off all of them

2 hours ago, G31DON said:

The bit that stood out to me, was Rodgers asking him what was wrong with the team and he says they're not working hard enough. 

Always felt like it seems like an easy time playing for us for most of the last 25 years. 

I was surprised by that, cause didn't Ronny Deila come in and he was horrified by the players diet and training? Or was he only horrified by Leigh Griffiths?