Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Scott Brown So Far.

41 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

I wonder how far Brown's patience will be stretched if results don't get better soon. He is a professional, but there seems to be some signs of frustration creeping in and he doesnt seem to be challenging the refs so much.

Maybe he’s pissed off that his move to a house in Garlogie fell thru, got outbid.

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Brown was OK on Saturday. 

But he's 36 and can't do it all himself.  The other 2 in midfield (Ojo and Ferguson) were a shambles. 

Correct. 2 men down. 3 if you include JET, 4 if you include Ramirez etc etc.

Glass has to have a major rethink this week; realise Rome was never built in a day and that his soccer ideology will take a bit of time to implement. He needs to go 4-2-3-1 for the foreseeable, drop Ferguson and/or Ojo and buy himself some time , a commodity which is rapidly decreasing in front of his very eyes.

Either he realises  it himself, or Brown, Simmie and Robson lock him in a room and impose it on him.

It’s that, or a one way ticket back stateside, with a return to football in the UK an impossibility 

I honestly don't think Brown escapes criticism from the recent performances.

He was totally found out in the home leg v Qarabag as a player who looked every single one of his 36 years. And since then, the team has been totally shite. Brown has been no better than anyone else in that time.

That's why, if Cormack pays heed to what the support are saying and bullets Glass soon.........if Brown is the chosen replacement I want it to be as manager only, no player-manager role. It would  instantly solve another problem....that of us carrying too many central midfielders by reducing that cohort by one. And also then might create room to play Longstaff in a position where he can make a positive contribution.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I honestly don't think Brown escapes criticism from the recent performances.

He was totally found out in the home leg v Qarabag as a player who looked every single one of his 36 years. And since then, the team has been totally shite. Brown has been no better than anyone else in that time.

That's why, if Cormack pays heed to what the support are saying and bullets Glass soon.........if Brown is the chosen replacement I want it to be as manager only, no player-manager role. It would  instantly solve another problem....that of us carrying too many central midfielders by reducing that cohort by one. And also then might create room to play Longstaff in a position where he can make a positive contribution.

No way can Brown be the new manager. That’s jumping from the frying pan, into the fire, then onto the crematorium.

I’d have no issue with him as assistant to somebody whilst still playing sporadically.

The problem is, I think we all know who the manager would be, if Brown was part of the new structure. Would Neil Lennon go down well with our fan base?

45 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

He's been our best performer in the Mwell & St Johnstone games.

In my opinion.
Low bar yeah, but he's played well in both*

*Played 'well in one and St Js in the other but you know what I'm saying.

Not a chance. Ramsay has been the stand out in pretty much every game. Almost feels like folk are scared to say if Brown has a poor game or doesn’t do much. He’s had some decent games but I think he’s being put on a false pedestal in some respects. 

6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not a chance. Ramsay has been the stand out in pretty much every game. Almost feels like folk are scared to say if Brown has a poor game or doesn’t do much. He’s had some decent games but I think he’s being put on a false pedestal in some respects. 

I kind of agree, Ramsay is the stand out but thought Brown was decent enough Saturday. The problem remains the lack of creativity in midfield.

7 hours ago, jamiesd said:

Probably be player manager soon

Replacing ex-player and rookie manager Stephen Glass with ex-Celtic captain and player/rookie assistant manager Scott Brown, because we were struggling on the field,  would effectively be the same as when we replaced ex-player and rookie manager Willie Miller with ex-Celtic captain and player/rookie assistant manager Roy Aitken, because we're struggling on the field. 

I don't like that. 

Don't do that. 

8 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

No way can Brown be the new manager. That’s jumping from the frying pan, into the fire, then onto the crematorium.

I’d have no issue with him as assistant to somebody whilst still playing sporadically.

The problem is, I think we all know who the manager would be, if Brown was part of the new structure. Would Neil Lennon go down well with our fan base?

Lennon would be a good appointment IMO. Another winner 

Brown is the least of our worries right now. He hasn't managed to really stamp his authority and winning mentality on the team, but he has played reasonably well. The team is a total shambles at the moment, but I hate to think what it would be like without Brown. 

I actually think he must be in quite a tricky position... there's no way he can be happy with how things are, but he's probably having to tow the line a little so he doesn't undermine the manager and make him look even worse than he already does. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Brown is the least of our worries right now. He hasn't managed to really stamp his authority and winning mentality on the team, but he has played reasonably well. The team is a total shambles at the moment, but I hate to think what it would be like without Brown. 

I actually think he must be in quite a tricky position... there's no way he can be happy with how things are, but he's probably having to tow the line a little so he doesn't undermine the manager and make him look even worse than he already does. 

Your cutting him a lot of slack, what influence did he have at celtic whilst they were in free fall last season? 

2 hours ago, RUL said:

Your cutting him a lot of slack, what influence did he have at celtic whilst they were in free fall last season? 

Yeah, I probably am cutting him a bit of slack to be fair. I actually thought Glass was planning to bring in more leaders on the pitch so we would have a stronger mentality, but some of the other experienced players have been beyond crap so far - Gallagher isn't even worth a place in the team despite being a Scotland "international" and formerly captaining Motherwell. JET is an experienced player but doesn't offer much when the chips are down. Ramirez is an experienced player but he doesn't seem to have much steel about him either. 

Earlier in the season when Brown was left on the bench we were an absolute shambles, and he had to be brought on at half time to sort things out. He's maybe struggling a bit with having such a heap of crap around him, and shambolic tactics as well. It's difficult to know how much of a say he has in the tactical side of things.

21 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

In my humble opinion Neil Lennon should have been offered the gig this time round, but that never happened.

I was not a fan of Cormack taking the easy option and creating jobs for the boys and all that, but I want for Glass's sake that it works out, but I canna see it and it does look like huge first class fcuk up by Cormack and co.

the signing of Brown on the other hand is the best thing Glass has done to date, the problem is we need another 10 + players with the same strength of character and that just is not going to happen. Other than Brown the rest of Glass's signings are very underwhelming 

Talking about new managers is premature. Glass will be given the season. Unless we get in a relegation fight he's probably getting another summer window as well. Needs to make an impact in January, just hope there's something left in the kitty. It's not like we've got much to sell on... maybe Ramsay if his trajectory stays on its current path?

59 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

Talking about new managers is premature. Glass will be given the season. Unless we get in a relegation fight he's probably getting another summer window as well. Needs to make an impact in January, just hope there's something left in the kitty. It's not like we've got much to sell on... maybe Ramsay if his trajectory stays on its current path?

Let’s sell one of the few bright sparks this season and sign more shite. Great idea 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Let’s sell one of the few bright sparks this season and sign more shite. Great idea 

If you could trust those in charge to reinvest the money for the overall good of the squad then thats one thing. 

Problem is, the jury is well and truly out on whether any money reinvested from the sale of Ferguson or Ramsay would be invested wisely.  All I see at the moment is what looks like big money going out on 30+ players which will soon blow a hole in your bank balance.