Scott Brown So Far.

• 3 weeks later...

Brown remains one of our best players and the only leader we have on or off the park. 

He's struggling right now, but his passing and tackling remain first rate, and his distribution is probably the best we have. 

He doesn't need dropped or rested, he needs 10 team mates with his work ethic and ability. 

50 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Brown remains one of our best players and the only leader we have on or off the park. 

He's struggling right now, but his passing and tackling remain first rate, and his distribution is probably the best we have. 

He doesn't need dropped or rested, he needs 10 team mates with his work ethic and ability. 

The international breaks have done this job for us and will do so again in early/mid November.

But there is a heavy schedule thereafter from late November all through December and by the time the Xmas period is on us he might well need a week off. Celtic did it a few times last season and he's now another year older. It's not as if we don't have a lot of options in midfield to facilitate this if required.

It'll be interesting to see how he does and what leadership he shows against sevco next week. Most of us are expecting a total horsing. It's a situation that will be totally alien to him.

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

His tackling is the worst in the league for centre mids I believe. Stats wise. 

56 minutes ago, RUL said:

His tackling is the worst in the league for centre mids I believe. Stats wise. 

Not sure how 'best tackler' can be quantified outside of who does the most vs success rate... but Cormack loves a stat.

I do know he weighs in with some critical tackles, and never fannies out of a challenge, something in short supply at Aberdeen in recent years, but I doubt there's a No Fannying Out criteria when it comes to making a stat out of tackling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

His is 36 years of age it’s brilliant he can still pull on boots but should be loooking at the coach bit of player coach and see what he can influence from the sideline

our teenage players should be listening to the  elders wise words not be playing with dad - they can do that at home

his influence is about 1 in 5 and most of those were at the start of the season - he could influence more in the training pitch.