Scott Brown So Far.

I reckon he was signed with the intention of rotating him fairly regularly, but we've been so shit he's ended up having to play every game.

Him and McGeouch are pretty similar in style, there's no real reason why those 2 couldn't take turn about playing games. Barron has proven himself worthy of game time as well so we have plenty options to rotate in the midfield if we can find a way to get the balance in there right.

On 2/16/2022 at 8:47 AM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Brown hasnt worked out at all. He hasnt been crap but it would be an understatement to say he hasn't improved us. If the rest of the team were actually playing well and he was driving us on he might be doing better.... but playing in this team in this system really doesnt suit a 36 year old

Spot on. Never got the Brown love in. 

On 2/16/2022 at 10:47 PM, Roberto said:

Think he showed that he does care given how he was ranting and instructing on the sidelines.

Limit game time but I feel he is a good acquisition as coach and won't be afraid to tell a few home truths.

Good call, I think he does care abou us and totally committed 

Not this fault he surrounded by players that don't really give a toss

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

So you want a hole new squad. That’s going to cost a lot. 

I think there will be a clear out, aye.

Some are on a free in the summer anyway and there will be a fair few others moved on, one way or another. 

Glass got to bring in 13 players in 6 months after all so why should it be any different this time around? 

Brown will retire I reckon anyway. 

Consi, Hayes, McGeouch,  Ojo, Devlin all out of contract. 

That's 6 for a start. Most on pretty good cash you'd think. 

I'd also expect Gallagher to move on. Ferguson sold. Jet probably paid off.  

There's a decent budget for a rebuild right there. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Some are on a free in the summer anyway and there will be a fair few others moved on, one way or another. 

Glass got to bring in 13 players in 6 months after all so why should it be any different this time around? 

Because some are still on long contracts and we can’t be having a big turn around of players every season. 

I also don’t think a lot of our players are as bad as they have being performing and made out on here 

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

Because some are still on long contracts and we can’t be having a big turn around of players every season. 

I also don’t think a lot of our players are as bad as they have being performing and made out on here 

Who is on a long contract that we wouldn't want to keep? 

Lewis and Kennedy maybe? 

All the others on long contracts are the younger lads. 

We need a clear out. Same as we did last summer. Just the job was botched last year. 

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

Some need to go but I wouldn’t say a big clear out 

I can't believe you look at that squad and don't think it needs gutted.  It's as clear as day.  I could count the ones I'd really want to keep on the fingers of one hand. 

Ramirez, Ramsay, Barron, McCrorie.

Possibly Bates but he's on a shoogly peg. 

Ferguson wants away anyway. 

I'd not lose any sleep if all of the rest went. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Who is on a long contract that we wouldn't want to keep? 

Lewis and Kennedy maybe? 

All the others on long contracts are the younger lads. 

We need a clear out. Same as we did last summer. Just the job was botched last year. 

Some need to go but I wouldn’t say a big clear out 

7 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Given the choice would you prefer lose Brown or Robson to St’s 

Brown. 

I want a younger team. It's embarrassing having the oldest squad in the division. 

No manager will rebuild if he keeps the squad we've got.  Most of them are already on the way down. 

They need gutted. I'm sick of watching most of them. Fuck watching them again next season.  

• Upvote 5
29 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Brown. 

I want a younger team. It's embarrassing having the oldest squad in the division. 

No manager will rebuild if he keeps the squad we've got.  Most of them are already on the way down. 

They need gutted. I'm sick of watching most of them. Fuck watching them again next season.  

True but we need players to finish season & have any hope of Europe next season. Not saying brown would be the difference to us making 4th place but it could potentially harm it. 

We do have a surplus of midfielders true but IF we do make top six. Brown does tend to have his better games v the bigger teams, so he could actually be important 

9 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Brown will retire I reckon anyway. 

Consi, Hayes, McGeouch,  Ojo, Devlin all out of contract. 

That's 6 for a start. Most on pretty good cash you'd think. 

I'd also expect Gallagher to move on. Ferguson sold. Jet probably paid off.  

There's a decent budget for a rebuild right there. 

Whilst I agree some need to go, even those with years left on their contracts. Prepare yourself to come back on the forum this time next year because the 10+ players the manager has brought in haven't yet gelled and we're still struggling.