Scott Brown So Far.

9 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think there will be a clear out, aye.

Some are on a free in the summer anyway and there will be a fair few others moved on, one way or another. 

Glass got to bring in 13 players in 6 months after all so why should it be any different this time around? 

Brown will retire I reckon anyway. 

Consi, Hayes, McGeouch,  Ojo, Devlin all out of contract. 

That's 6 for a start. Most on pretty good cash you'd think. 

I'd also expect Gallagher to move on. Ferguson sold. Jet probably paid off.  

There's a decent budget for a rebuild right there. 

Whilst I agree some need to go, even those with years left on their contracts. Prepare yourself to come back on the forum this time next year because the 10+ players the manager has brought in haven't yet gelled and we're still struggling. 

35 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Whilst I agree some need to go, even those with years left on their contracts. Prepare yourself to come back on the forum this time next year because the 10+ players the manager has brought in haven't yet gelled and we're still struggling. 

Aye that's a definite possibility. 

But regardless we wouldn't miss 3/4 of the current lot anyway. 

On 2/19/2022 at 1:42 AM, aberdeen1970 said:

Brown. 

I want a younger team. It's embarrassing having the oldest squad in the division. 

No manager will rebuild if he keeps the squad we've got.  Most of them are already on the way down. 

They need gutted. I'm sick of watching most of them. Fuck watching them again next season.  

4 teams with older squads than us but lets nae let facts get in the way of your agenda.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Moving the goalposts now youve been made to look silly?

No.  Someone posted a link the other week saying we had fielded the oldest players on average this season so just trying to establish minijc's source

If I'm wrong then fine, no problem at all.   Been wrong plenty times before.

Point still stands that we need to lower the age of our squad significantly, though.

21 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No.  Someone posted a link the other week saying we had fielded the oldest players on average this season so just trying to establish minijc's source

If I'm wrong then fine, no problem at all.   Been wrong plenty times before.

Point still stands that we need to lower the age of our squad significantly, though.

Transfermarkt

Think our match day squad at one point was the oldest around - but also think of our back line

the back 4 ELDEST was bates at 25 

Age (in Brackets appearances)

Ramsey 18 (34)
McKenzie21(24)
Bates 24(24)
McCrorie23(68)

when you look at the back line our average age is 22.75 years with an average appearances of  37.5

Compare to Mclennan 22(101)

Now  I dont need to be a statistician to figure it out .............

1 hour ago, beef_sister said:

Brown all day. 

I hope Goodwin takes Robson into the first team coaching team with the idea of him replacing him further down the line if needed. 

If Robson has any aspirations of managing us in future he has to go out and manage at a lower level than us first. I'd go so far as to say that he'd need to manage in SFL1 or 2 first, then get himself a job at at good Championship club or preferably a Premier club at the level of Livi or St Johnstone before he would be a suitable candidate for our hotseat. 

27 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If Robson has any aspirations of managing us in future he has to go out and manage at a lower level than us first. I'd go so far as to say that he'd need to manage in SFL1 or 2 first, then get himself a job at at good Championship club or preferably a Premier club at the level of Livi or St Johnstone before he would be a suitable candidate for our hotseat. 

Totally agree, all managers should cut thier teeth in the lower divisions first, 

The mistake that Willie Miller made was not doing so despite having a few offers,

On 2/19/2022 at 12:42 AM, aberdeen1970 said:

I think there will be a clear out, aye.

Some are on a free in the summer anyway and there will be a fair few others moved on, one way or another. 

Glass got to bring in 13 players in 6 months after all so why should it be any different this time around? 

Brown will retire I reckon anyway. 

Consi, Hayes, McGeouch,  Ojo, Devlin all out of contract. 

That's 6 for a start. Most on pretty good cash you'd think. 

I'd also expect Gallagher to move on. Ferguson sold. Jet probably paid off.  

There's a decent budget for a rebuild right there. 

Thats what fucks me off. I reckon just a few key signings could have really breathed life into a team who weren't doing terrible. But instead wholesale changes and bringing in and tying down several shite players is going to make it harder for Goodwin to rebuild. Glass was an absolutely disaster wasnt he

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, minijc said:

Transfermarkt

Thanks

Looking at the transfermarkt list.....

The recent departure of McGinn plus the arrivals/returns of Barron, Ruth, Montgomery, Besuijen and Polvara have definitely changed things average age wise.

That isnt reflective of the first half of the season though when we had a much older first team squad. But I agree and accept that those 5 have definitely helped lower the average age a fair bit for the second half of the season

Cheers

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Any update of whether Goodwin has decided if Brown will be a coach/player or just a player assuming he doesn’t get the gig at St.Mirren.

He's still here, therefore he still has a contract of employment as a player-coach.

Goodwin may decide to tell him not to take training sessions, but then he'd be a coach light.

• Upvote 1