Scott Brown So Far.

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Unnecessary distraction at moment! JG would have been better to leave him helping till end of season when Brown will likely depart for a championship gig 

Disagree.

Goodwin has a small window of opportunity to impose his authority on the squad and staff and initial first impressions are vital.  If he doesn't want Brown to be part of his backroom staff then he should act now, not let any doubts fester til summer.

19 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Mutual decision or Goodwin marking his territory? 

I think it was good decision.

With Goodwin wanting to take the team at short notice without any real time to discuss things, it would have been better to set the stance that Goodwin was in charge and not have any discrepencies.

Now they've had a week, tomorrows game will be interesting to see where Brown is.

21 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I think it was good decision.

With Goodwin wanting to take the team at short notice without any real time to discuss things, it would have been better to set the stance that Goodwin was in charge and not have any discrepencies.

Now they've had a week, tomorrows game will be interesting to see where Brown is.

For once, we agree! 

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Disagree.

Goodwin has a small window of opportunity to impose his authority on the squad and staff and initial first impressions are vital.  If he doesn't want Brown to be part of his backroom staff then he should act now, not let any doubts fester til summer.

He’s not going to win in a “Battle with Broonie “ it’s a pointless distraction, he’s injured will be away in June, concentrating on the squad is JG’s immediate task and getting us into European football. The next month or so will be questions from reporters about brown’s position. As I say and stick with pointless distraction 

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

He’s not going to win in a “Battle with Broonie “ it’s a pointless distraction, he’s injured will be away in June, concentrating on the squad is JG’s immediate task and getting us into European football. The next month or so will be questions from reporters about brown’s position. As I say and stick with pointless distraction 

The new manager isn't going to win in a battle with Brown? 

Of course he is. 

Do you not think Brown was discussed before he took the job? Would have absolutely been one of the main topics of conversation. 

Brown will do what he's told.