Scott Brown So Far.

5 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

If he leaves he can’t play anyway! Not till next season. There is no way we should be paying him to leave 

I'd rather pay up his contract for rest of this season now, than have him here for another season. 

26 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-brown-hang-up-boots-26412013

Reported by Keith Jackson which means that it has come straight from Broon.

"But he has also been told he will have no significant input behind the scenes by the new boss and it’s understood this lack of a pathway towards a new career is behind his decision to move on. It’s also believed Goodwin and his skipper got off to a bad start in their working relationship when Brown was interviewed as his potential managerial replacement, just 24 hours after the Irishman had left Paisley to join the Dons."

Only thing I don't really understand is why Brown going for the St Mirren job would have caused them to get off to a bad start with working together though. Jim G spoke himself about being in the same boat when he was coming towards the end of his career. I would have thought that would have been ideal as SB would have got his first coaching job which is what he wants and Jim G doesn't need to try to involve him with coaching which he wasn't wanting to do. That would have just meant a much smoother transition with no fall out.

The bit about the St. Mirren job is nonsense. If anything, it would have suited Goodwin for Brown to get the job. JG didn’t want Brown as a coach, or a player, or as a link to the previous manager so he’s got rid of him. Simple as that I think.

2 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Hot diggity dawg !!

On his way to Easter Road as we speak. 

Short term deal for our injury destroyed squad and bangs in the winner next week at Pittodrie. 

Thank you. 

And you boys have your own problems. How are Maloney and Caldwell getting on together? Brown could be your manager by summer!

1 minute ago, DandyWarhol said:

I think he would've had to have been released before the end of the last transfer window to be able to sign and play for another club this season.

If we have cancelled his registration to release him then he's a free agent who can sign for anyone no?

I thought the rule was no more than 2 clubs in a season?

6 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

If we have cancelled his registration to release him then he's a free agent who can sign for anyone no?

I thought the rule was no more than 2 clubs in a season?

My understanding is that he could sign for another team but he wouldn't be able to play for them until after the next transfer window opens.  I think that's why you often see players getting released towards the end of a transfer window so that they would still have the chance to sign and play for another club that season after the window closes. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think he'd get dispensation to play since he is a free agent and has only played for one club this season.

We signed Greg Halford after the January transfer window a few years back

Deary me.

Halford was freed during the window though. 

Brown won't be able to play for anyone else until next season. It's not difficult.