Scott Brown So Far.

48 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Brown has absolutely zero experience in fighting at the bottom end of the table. The single season they had pressure on them -  he was dogshit and the team buckled and lost the league. It's all very well being a leader on the park in a side that's winning the league by a canter and you're surrounded by the best players in the league. It's another thing completely when you've got to play alongside Ojo and JET, and you're back line consists of Gallagher, Bates and Woods. 

Fucking hell, I got slaughtered for saying this about Brown at the start. He’s been no leader of any sort apart from in Europe and against Sevco. I’m glad he’s gone.

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

And if one of them gets injured? McCrorie does tend to miss a fair amount of each season on the physio's table (albeit in smallish chunks). Ok in comes a tidy but slow and not particularly mobile McGeouch. Or Ojo.... (if he's not filling in for someone else in another random position). Neither particularly appealing options.

However if two of them are out for whatever reason (Ferguson is no stranger to a ban, Barron body still developing, not really used to the intensity of first team football so a muscle injury is always the risk at that age).......then it's definitely both McGeouch and Ojo. And if the 3 games pre-split don't go well, then the folk sticking their heads in the sand will have to face reality. We would be in relegation bother. 

As I said....he's useful for emergency cover. If we release him immediately, you just know that the scenarios I've suggested will happen given the (bad) luck we have had with player injuries over the past 2 or 3 seasons

Do you think a guy who came in as a playing captain at the start of the season is going to be happy as a bit part player covering injuries? I don’t think so and would only lead to disruption and disharmony which we probably had enough of.

No, I would say that a clean break best for us . Cheerio to a player I have always disliked. When he played for us I was neutral on him in a red shirt and now I can go back to detesting the little cumt.

Hell of a player in his day and still has something to offer on the pitch, in the right set-up. However in our current team his inclusion was to our overall detriment. Wouldn't question his commitment or effort, but i think this is the best thing for all. Wish him well wherever he goes next. Cyprus bound i'd imagine.

5 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Agree with that - no point keeping a player who's not wanting to be here and who may be a potentially disruptive influence. We need to do things quicker in the midfield - McCrorie, Ferguson and Barron are the answer to that (maybe Polvara if he's any good) - Brown slows everything down - Ferguson is bad enough at that at times, but the two of them together just didn't work. We've still got McGeouch, Jenks, Ojo and could also recall Campbell - Hayes has also played central midfield in the past. No shortage of midfielders.

Can't recall players out with a transfer window unless an emergency.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Agreed, there's nothing getting close to your pathetic hatred of a striker that has scored 15 goals.

I’d argue Ramirez being over the age of 30 and having tram lines is just behind you and Dorklifes pestering of me because I think a footballer is crap at football. 

Closely followed by a grown man thinking he’s fucking Fabrizio Romano because he tells us about a transfer about 30 seconds before it’s announced. 

• Haha 12
9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I’d argue Ramirez being over the age of 30 and having tram lines is just behind you and Dorklifes pestering of me because I think a footballer is crap at football. 

Closely followed by a grown man thinking he’s fucking Fabrizio Romano because he tells us about a transfer about 30 seconds before it’s announced. 

Rattled.

Disappointed it didn't work out

It was risk I believe Brown was committed to the club and I thank him for his efforts

However there where signs he would not play every week and with Goodwin coming in the whole dynamic changed 

I will forever remember his bullet header and goal celebration at the bastardome worth every penny

Not everyone's favorite but I am sure the majority of the Dons fans wish him well.

Hopefully the squad will be revamped over the summer there's a list of underachieving  player's and wage thiefs that need to be shown the exit door

• Upvote 7
2 hours ago, Poodler said:

I think that’s a load of shite ^^^

ditching someone of browns experience when we’re about to go into a relegation play off run in, imo, is foolish 

Not gonna get any desire from Ferg

Brown has no experience of relegation battles that I'm aware of. For the last decade or however long he's only had experience of playing in a team that won pretty much every week because they had more money than everyone else so could sign better players. He is / was clearly a very good player himself but leading a team who are winning every week is a lot easier than leading a team who are in terrible shape - despite his alleged "leadership skills" he wasn't a particularly great captain and didn't seem to rally the troops very well at any point i can really remember. A better captain than Joe Lewis for sure, but literally anyone would be.

• Haha 1

No hate from me.

He could have stayed with Celtic and coached their youths and be a bit part player on at least as good money as we paid him. But chose to coach a higher level and play regularly. In the end it was a gamble that didn't really pay off and the playing contract was always going to cause an awkward situation after his mate who brought him to the club got bulleted and a new man brought in. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think he will be remembered much by our support 20 years down the line

Whatever he does next...and I don't think it'll be in Cyprus with Lennon.....he does so with my best wishes. 

• Upvote 4
6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

No hate from me.

He could have stayed with Celtic and coached their youths and be a bit part player on at least as good money as we paid him. But chose to coach a higher level and play regularly. In the end it was a gamble that didn't really pay off and the playing contract was always going to cause an awkward situation after his mate who brought him to the club got bulleted and a new man brought in. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think he will be remembered much by our support 20 years down the line

Whatever he does next...and I don't think it'll be in Cyprus with Lennon.....he does so with my best wishes. 

Pretty sure most of us will be trying to forget the past year. How easy that will be will depend on how long it takes to sort out the mess that's been made. Brown will be remembered as part of the mess until it's been fixed.

But in 20 years time - you're right most will have forgotten he ever played for us... while they will all still remember Jack Gurr.

32 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Disappointed it didn't work out

It was risk I believe Brown was committed to the club and I thank him for his efforts

However there where signs he would not play every week and with Goodwin coming in the whole dynamic changed 

I will forever remember his bullet header and goal celebration at the bastardome worth every penny

Not everyone's favorite but I am sure the majority of the Dons fans wish him well.

Hopefully the squad will be revamped over the summer there's a list of underachieving  player's and wage thiefs that need to be shown the exit door

Well there’s an underachieving chairman , and a GUNN that  doesn’t know where the bullit goes.    Picking up a paycheque, that shouldn’t get in the door again. 

9 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

No hate from me.

A fair and accurate summary imo!