Torry Tosser

Scott Brown So Far.

8 hours ago, DelMonte said:

I’d argue Ramirez being over the age of 30 and having tram lines is just behind you and Dorklifes pestering of me because I think a footballer is crap at football. 

Closely followed by a grown man thinking he’s fucking Fabrizio Romano because he tells us about a transfer about 30 seconds before it’s announced. 

😂

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

How did Rooney do after us?

We got his best years and it was the right decision for him to go, possibly should have left a year or so earlier.

5 hours ago, ferlaytio said:

I thought Rooney was bang average at best too.

He wasn't a great footballer, he was a great finisher though.

11 hours ago, shut up meg said:

He hated Rooney as well, beat poacher we've had since Shearer, regular 20 goals a season but DM thought he was shite because he wouldn't work the channels, hold up the ball, pish in the air, or some other fucking ridiculous reason.

Nope.

Said all along a “penalty box striker” doesn’t cut it against the better teams and it affects the team negatively. Having a striker who is essentially a man down but comes alive in the box isn’t any use at Ibrox, Tynecastle etc when we are under the cosh and need an out ball.

Rooney was miles ahead of Ramirez anyway.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fridge said:

Stop what?

You've spread that too thin now

You must have been sat beside 95% of the population now in a pub

7 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

& loves the ones that don’t 🤣 May, Goodwillie, Watkins, Maynard 🤣

Said Maynard had a decent impact one game about 5 years ago. 

“Loves”

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

& loves the ones that don’t 🤣 May, Goodwillie, Watkins, Maynard 🤣

Don't forget his all time hero - the show pony Moroccan 😂

10 hours ago, Millertime said:

How did Rooney do after us?

Over 20 goals a season 3 seasons in a row - including a season he was out from February. Not to mention 9 goals in his first season that he was only here 5 months. 

why would we judge rooney on what he did after?

45 minutes ago, NEM said:

Don't forget his all time hero - the show pony Moroccan 😂

Nothing wrong with the show pony Moroccan.... pretty much the only bright spark during one of the most depressing times to be a Dons fan (even worse than now).

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

You've spread that too thin now

You must have been sat beside 95% of the population now in a pub

He comes in all the time, why would I lie you cock.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Nothing wrong with the show pony Moroccan.... pretty much the only bright spark during one of the most depressing times to be a Dons fan (even worse than now).

The 2 cup finals in one season, nae scoring for yonks then winning 5-6, and a mad as fuck manager were decent too.

Zero was fine for the wifies, bairns and feels.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Without checking, was brown the only person in the squad that had actually won something? 

consi league cup, anyone else? 

edit, hayes must have won something at Celtic. 

least we still have some inspo in the dressing room. Coupla winners 

Edited by Poodler

17 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Considering where we were 4 or 5 years ago it is absolutely astonishing what a mess the entire club is in. 

We went from playing half decent football, but winning fuck all to being mostly shite and winning fuck all.

The end result is the same. Failure to even look like we're capable of winning a trophy has been an Aberdeen trait for decades now. Even the one we did win, we were hopeless over the 120 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Without checking, was brown the only person in the squad that had actually won something? 

Hayes won the LC with Aberdeen

6 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Andy Goram type posting.

What are the chances of Broony joining up with Lennon in Cyprus? I would suggest not beyond the realms of possibility.

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

A brief bright spark he may have been, never "a God" in a million years.

One clown on here (I'll not name any names but he's a clueless weegie with a bazooka chin) even tried to claim he was better than Jess 😂

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, NEM said:

One clown on here (I'll not name any names but he's a clueless weegie with a bazooka chin) even tried to claim he was better than Jess 😂

Please do. I want to know.

18 minutes ago, NEM said:

A brief bright spark he may have been, never "a God" in a million years.

🤔 You've got me stumped there min!! 🤔

19 hours ago, minijc said:

Hahaha fuck off, Mcginn has been dreadful and offered nothing since he came back here.

Yes I agree with that.

I'd rather have some young guys in the team, giving them a chance. 

23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Please do. I want to know.

22 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

🤔 You've got me stumped there min!! 🤔

Drives a delorian, leads council tax protests on behalf of his neighbourhood and threw a kettle of boiling water over his old mans back.

That's all the clues for today 😄

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, NEM said:

Drives a delorian, leads council tax protests on behalf of his neighbourhood and threw a kettle of boiling water over his old mans back.

That's all the clues for today 😄

Tomorrow can’t come soon enough.😄

• Haha 1

Just now, Tommy said:

Tomorrow can’t come soon enough.😄

You can get there this afternoon if Millertime gives you a lift.

Aw shit I've given the game away 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, blowupsheep said:

What are the chances of Broony joining up with Lennon in Cyprus? I would suggest not beyond the realms of possibility.

Higher than Lennon’s chances of being the successor to Glass ever were ....except in the mind of imbeciles.

12 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Wonder how much of his contract we had to pay out to get him gone. 

Glass/Cormack really have monumentally fkd the club in such a short space of time. 
Totally handicapped us with contracts for wage thief’s.

Cormack has to make up for this in summer & support Goodwin. 

Not a penny i'd hope. Given his coaching aspirations, the parting of ways benefits Brown as much as anyone. And if the rumours are correct, he's already got another gig lined up. It'd be crazy to pay him off under those circumstances.

3 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Nothing wrong with the show pony Moroccan.... 

What , you think it’s all been an elaborate hoax ?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, redone said:

What , you think it’s all been an elaborate hoax ?

😄

56 minutes ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Yes I agree with that.

I'd rather have some young guys in the team, giving them a chance. 

Offered nothing, zero, no experience in the dressing room, at all?

From all accounts the lads looked up to him and he was expecting a coaching role before Brown came on the scene.  He may not have been much of a player, except being a competent corner taker and positionally over his last couple of seasons but deserved the chance to join our coaching team given he gave us 9/10 years of his career.

And like Rooney a couple of 20+ goal seasons in bad teams, great memories.  

2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

We went from playing half decent football, but winning fuck all to being mostly shite and winning fuck all.

The end result is the same. Failure to even look like we're capable of winning a trophy has been an Aberdeen trait for decades now. Even the one we did win, we were hopeless over the 120 minutes. 

But its not the same is it. 

It was actually a good experience going to Pittodrie at that point. You enjoyed it. I can't think of many things worse than watching Aberdeen now.

It also felt like we were on an upward trajectory. The debt was cleared, training ground was on its way, team and staff were all very settled. Competing for the trophies and getting the idea that if the minks had a bad season we could even be in it for the title at some point... It felt like we were settled for a few years going forward and now it is just a complete and utter mess and its very hard to see how it gets better.

As soon as we drew Motherwell away in the Scottish Cup I think most people knew we were out. How bad is that?