Scott Brown So Far.

2 hours ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Yup my lowest days as an Aberdeen supporter. The cup finals were a shit show and don’t get me started on those fucking embarrassing congas. Should be wiped from everyone’s collective memory and never mentioned again,

Leighton getting injured gave us a good excuse but we'd have gotten pumped that day regardless. 

Semi-final was good though.

10 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Over 20 goals a season 3 seasons in a row - including a season he was out from February. Not to mention 9 goals in his first season that he was only here 5 months. 

why would we judge rooney on what he did after?

Yeah, but if memory serves me right del monte was hardly hating Rooney during the halcyon days with peak mcginn and Hayes

It was towards the end, when he was here a season too many

2 hours ago, thurso said:

Zerouali was pretty crap here for 3 years ok he broke his leg and was out a long time but only played 40 games in that time scoring 11 goals with 3 of them in one game.
So yes maybe had some good moments but in the grand scheme of things didn’t do anything of note 

Lol

2 hours ago, thurso said:

Zerouali was pretty crap here for 3 years ok he broke his leg and was out a long time but only played 40 games in that time scoring 11 goals with 3 of them in one game.
So yes maybe had some good moments but in the grand scheme of things didn’t do anything of note 

Can you make it less obvious that you just consulted Wikipedia for this

I was hammered but wont forget the collective gut wrenching sickener when we realised we had no sub keeper on the bench and Robbie got the goalie top on 2mins into the game. Horrific at a final v them. Although i mind the first save he made and everyone celebrating like we’d scored. That was decent.
Worked with a boy who was part of the conga crew. They were Broch loons on a stagger who i suspect didnt get out much beyond the Broch (and Chois) 

5 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

I was hammered but wont forget the collective gut wrenching sickener when we realised we had no sub keeper on the bench and Robbie got the goalie top on 2mins into the game. Horrific at a final v them. Although i mind the first save he made and everyone celebrating like we’d scored. That was decent.
Worked with a boy who was part of the conga crew. They were Broch loons on a stagger who i suspect didnt get out much beyond the Broch (and Chois) 

Unfortunately the manager may have been pished when he named the team and subs

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

My main memory of that game was watching it in a London boozer, seeing Leighton getting assaulted , watching Jobby Winters pull on a goalie jersey and walking out said boozer. Fuck that shit. 

I had a ticket for the match but it still remains the only final since I became an adult that I didn't attend. I couldn't bring myself to go all the way to Glasgow to watch us be beaten. Still don't regret my decision to this day.

44 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Off to Leicester for a reunion with Brenda? 

Wonder how much of a pay off he’s accepted from us, and how much he’s cost us overall for his 9 months of “service”?

Probably not far off a quarter million quid + what ever we gave him as signing on fee.

good job we saved a good few quid by not having many win bonuses to pay him

10 hours ago, Dynamo said:

Leighton getting injured gave us a good excuse but we'd have gotten pumped that day regardless. 

Semi-final was good though.

The huns goals were all efforts any normal keeper would have saved, as far as I recall.

From the Langfield at Bayern school of goalkeeping - if it's straight at the keeper, it still going in.

Both semis were superb that year. Excellent stramashes.

Both finals absolutely horrendous events. And pitiful as fuck.

3 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

The huns goals were all efforts any normal keeper would have saved, as far as I recall.

From the Langfield at Bayern school of goalkeeping - if it's straight at the keeper, it still going in.

Both semis were superb that year. Excellent stramashes.

Both finals absolutely horrendous events. And pitiful as fuck.

The Scottish Cup semi against Hibs was fuckin great. Despite the SFAs best efforts to ruin it as a spectacle. 

6pm kick off on a Sunday at Hampden. And rather than selling our tickets in one large block for each stand we got, we were scattered all over the shop in fairly small clusters. 

The victory was all the sweeter after the cocky Hibs cunts trying to take the piss beforehand for more of them making the arduous 50 mile hour-long trip from Edinburgh, than we took.

One of the few highlights of the Ebbe era, second only to the 2-nil win against the Tims .....the sna’ba game 

19 minutes ago, redone said:

The Scottish Cup semi against Hibs was fuckin great. Despite the SFAs best efforts to ruin it as a spectacle. 

6pm kick off on a Sunday at Hampden. And rather than selling our tickets in one large block for each stand we got, we were scattered all over the shop in fairly small clusters. 

The victory was all the sweeter after the cocky Hibs cunts trying to take the piss beforehand for more of them making the arduous 50 mile hour-long trip from Edinburgh, than we took.

One of the few highlights of the Ebbe era, second only to the 2-nil win against the Tims .....the sna’ba game 

Hibs was great as it was a proper support. Similar to fergie semi final winner a few years ago. 

19 minutes ago, redone said:

Aye, were in North Stand, in a wee cluster wi' nae cunt near us.
Great space to bounce for the winner.

A lasting memory of that game will always be some mental Hibs skin headbutting our bus window right next to us we pulled away after the game.  ?

Gave it a right thump, nae idea how his forehead didn't burst instantaneously.

I take it he was upset about something?

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, RUL said:

Hibs was great as it was a proper support. Similar to fergie semi final winner a few years ago. 

A lot to be said for that. Games with 25k+ Dons fan but folk only know to sing Aberdeen Aberdeen Aberdeen and maybe a bit of Stand Free is grim. Only trophy I've seen us win as a grown ass man was the League Cup 2014 and the atmosphere was terrible. As was the game.

15 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Off to Leicester for a reunion with Brenda? 

Wonder how much of a pay off he’s accepted from us, and how much he’s cost us overall for his 9 months of “service”?

Can't really blame him if he's going there. It could have waited until summer to be sorted though, him leaving between transfer windows doesn't sit well with me(unless you are JET, Ojo, Devlin, Mclennan, Jenks).