Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Torry Tosser

Scott Brown So Far.

Recommended Posts

On 8/14/2021 at 8:03 PM, Millertime said:

Can't think of nothing better?

So you CAN think of something better?

+1

34 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep, I've had to completely change my approach on my WhatsApp group with my pals haha. They have taken great delight in quoting messages from me about brown over the years 

That's football though. Brown is a prick but he is now our prick and will now be doing everything we hated him for doing against us, for us. 

\o/  \o/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

This is a shite name for a topic; "So far", he is always going to decline at some point and the "i told you so" wankers will be out with their pitch forks. Been superb "so far" though.

Edited by Durrant Dived

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

"I took a bad touch and he's just lunged at me, nowhere near the ball, smashed me and then I got the ball smacked off the back of my head from whatshisname... [Shay] Logan... or whatever he was," Brown recalls. "He smacked the ball off the back of my head and did a runner as he usually does.

"All the crowd were cheering, so I got back up. 'Here we go again, nice and fresh'. It's just something I do. I get hit and I get up and go again. I enjoy the fight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had/have absolutely no problem with Logan showing disrespect to Brown and Celtic opposition in that game in 2018.

We could have used more of that in our squad throughout the years.

I'm not into revisionist history.

What was good then is still good today. 

There's the key part right there.  Scott Brown in a nutshell.

  I get hit and I get up and go again.  Running across the pitch with three of four of them chasing after me.  Meanwhile elsewhere on the pitch our unmarked centre half just passed to our unmarked winger who crosses for our unmarked left fucking back whos pissing ran from our own bastard half to smash it into the roof of their net.  THATS why he was so effective.

Edited by strachanmcgheegoal

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

This is a shite name for a topic; "So far", he is always going to decline at some point and the "i told you so" wankers will be out with their pitch forks. Been superb "so far" though.

 

I took the 'so far' as if to say 'it's too early to judge but what do you think so far?' 

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

Scott Brown: After leaving Celtic, the Aberdeen midfielder wants to 'prove you all wrong' again - BBC Sport

Good article.  I particularly liked the following quote:

"I was never one to run and get a strip from other players. 'Please, sir, can we swap shirts?' I've never done it. I wouldn't speak to them in the tunnel, I wouldn't help them up off the floor if I fouled them, I wouldn't speak to them after the game. That was my way of getting through. No respect,"

I'm really, really glad we have him here.

The bit that stood out to me, was Rodgers asking him what was wrong with the team and he says they're not working hard enough. 

Always felt like it seems like an easy time playing for us for most of the last 25 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, milne_afc said:

There’s nothing more pathetic than grown men harking back to ‘hard men’ of their era.

neil Berry would have…

drew busby would have….

mike Galloway…, lolol 

Bunch of arse tickling fairies.

 

My pathetic input - Rougvie would have torn the limbs off all of them

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, G31DON said:

The bit that stood out to me, was Rodgers asking him what was wrong with the team and he says they're not working hard enough. 

Always felt like it seems like an easy time playing for us for most of the last 25 years. 

I was surprised by that, cause didn't Ronny Deila come in and he was horrified by the players diet and training? Or was he only horrified by Leigh Griffiths?

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder how far Brown's patience will be stretched if results don't get better soon. He is a professional, but there seems to be some signs of frustration creeping in and he doesnt seem to be challenging the refs so much.

Share this post


Link to post

He’s too good for this shower of shite he’s playing with 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

He's been about the only summer signing so far who hasn't been underwhelming / shite.

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

I wonder how far Brown's patience will be stretched if results don't get better soon. He is a professional, but there seems to be some signs of frustration creeping in and he doesnt seem to be challenging the refs so much.

Maybe he’s pissed off that his move to a house in Garlogie fell thru, got outbid.

Edited by sooth_stander

Share this post


Link to post

I wouldn't exclude him from criticism of recent performances, I'm not sure what role he is meant to be fulfilling, looks very much like the player that was struggling at Celtic for large parts of last season.

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Maybe he’s pissed off that his move to a house in Garlogie fell thru, got outbid.

Apparently he stays on the outskirts of Inverurie 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ericblack4boss said:

Apparently he stays on the outskirts of Inverurie 

Does indeed.

Share this post


Link to post

Brown was OK on Saturday. 

But he's 36 and can't do it all himself.  The other 2 in midfield (Ojo and Ferguson) were a shambles. 

Edited by aberdeen1970

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Brown was OK on Saturday. 

But he's 36 and can't do it all himself.  The other 2 in midfield (Ojo and Ferguson) were a shambles. 

Correct. 2 men down. 3 if you include JET, 4 if you include Ramirez etc etc.

Glass has to have a major rethink this week; realise Rome was never built in a day and that his soccer ideology will take a bit of time to implement. He needs to go 4-2-3-1 for the foreseeable, drop Ferguson and/or Ojo and buy himself some time , a commodity which is rapidly decreasing in front of his very eyes.

Either he realises  it himself, or Brown, Simmie and Robson lock him in a room and impose it on him.

It’s that, or a one way ticket back stateside, with a return to football in the UK an impossibility 

Edited by sooth_stander

Share this post


Link to post

I honestly don't think Brown escapes criticism from the recent performances.

He was totally found out in the home leg v Qarabag as a player who looked every single one of his 36 years. And since then, the team has been totally shite. Brown has been no better than anyone else in that time.

That's why, if Cormack pays heed to what the support are saying and bullets Glass soon.........if Brown is the chosen replacement I want it to be as manager only, no player-manager role. It would  instantly solve another problem....that of us carrying too many central midfielders by reducing that cohort by one. And also then might create room to play Longstaff in a position where he can make a positive contribution.

Edited by Ten Caat
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I honestly don't think Brown escapes criticism from the recent performances.

He was totally found out in the home leg v Qarabag as a player who looked every single one of his 36 years. And since then, the team has been totally shite. Brown has been no better than anyone else in that time.

That's why, if Cormack pays heed to what the support are saying and bullets Glass soon.........if Brown is the chosen replacement I want it to be as manager only, no player-manager role. It would  instantly solve another problem....that of us carrying too many central midfielders by reducing that cohort by one. And also then might create room to play Longstaff in a position where he can make a positive contribution.

No way can Brown be the new manager. That’s jumping from the frying pan, into the fire, then onto the crematorium.

I’d have no issue with him as assistant to somebody whilst still playing sporadically.

The problem is, I think we all know who the manager would be, if Brown was part of the new structure. Would Neil Lennon go down well with our fan base?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, starryfish said:

I wouldn't exclude him from criticism of recent performances, I'm not sure what role he is meant to be fulfilling, looks very much like the player that was struggling at Celtic for large parts of last season.

Away

Share this post


Link to post

He's been our best performer in the Mwell & St Johnstone games.

In my opinion.
Low bar yeah, but he's played well in both*

 

*Played 'well in one and St Js in the other but you know what I'm saying.

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

He's been our best performer in the Mwell & St Johnstone games.

In my opinion.
Low bar yeah, but he's played well in both*

 

*Played 'well in one and St Js in the other but you know what I'm saying.

Not a chance. Ramsay has been the stand out in pretty much every game. Almost feels like folk are scared to say if Brown has a poor game or doesn’t do much. He’s had some decent games but I think he’s being put on a false pedestal in some respects. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not a chance. Ramsay has been the stand out in pretty much every game. Almost feels like folk are scared to say if Brown has a poor game or doesn’t do much. He’s had some decent games but I think he’s being put on a false pedestal in some respects. 

I kind of agree, Ramsay is the stand out but thought Brown was decent enough Saturday. The problem remains the lack of creativity in midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, jamiesd said:

Probably be player manager soon

Replacing ex-player and rookie manager Stephen Glass with ex-Celtic captain and player/rookie assistant manager Scott Brown, because we were struggling on the field,  would effectively be the same as when we replaced ex-player and rookie manager Willie Miller with ex-Celtic captain and player/rookie assistant manager Roy Aitken, because we're struggling on the field. 

I don't like that. 

Don't do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

No way can Brown be the new manager. That’s jumping from the frying pan, into the fire, then onto the crematorium.

I’d have no issue with him as assistant to somebody whilst still playing sporadically.

The problem is, I think we all know who the manager would be, if Brown was part of the new structure. Would Neil Lennon go down well with our fan base?

Lennon would be a good appointment IMO. Another winner 

Share this post


Link to post

Brown is the least of our worries right now. He hasn't managed to really stamp his authority and winning mentality on the team, but he has played reasonably well. The team is a total shambles at the moment, but I hate to think what it would be like without Brown. 

I actually think he must be in quite a tricky position... there's no way he can be happy with how things are, but he's probably having to tow the line a little so he doesn't undermine the manager and make him look even worse than he already does. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Brown is the least of our worries right now. He hasn't managed to really stamp his authority and winning mentality on the team, but he has played reasonably well. The team is a total shambles at the moment, but I hate to think what it would be like without Brown. 

I actually think he must be in quite a tricky position... there's no way he can be happy with how things are, but he's probably having to tow the line a little so he doesn't undermine the manager and make him look even worse than he already does. 

Your cutting him a lot of slack, what influence did he have at celtic whilst they were in free fall last season? 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RUL said:

Your cutting him a lot of slack, what influence did he have at celtic whilst they were in free fall last season? 

Yeah, I probably am cutting him a bit of slack to be fair. I actually thought Glass was planning to bring in more leaders on the pitch so we would have a stronger mentality, but some of the other experienced players have been beyond crap so far - Gallagher isn't even worth a place in the team despite being a Scotland "international" and formerly captaining Motherwell. JET is an experienced player but doesn't offer much when the chips are down. Ramirez is an experienced player but he doesn't seem to have much steel about him either. 

Earlier in the season when Brown was left on the bench we were an absolute shambles, and he had to be brought on at half time to sort things out. He's maybe struggling a bit with having such a heap of crap around him, and shambolic tactics as well. It's difficult to know how much of a say he has in the tactical side of things.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

No way can Brown be the new manager. That’s jumping from the frying pan, into the fire, then onto the crematorium.

I’d have no issue with him as assistant to somebody whilst still playing sporadically.

The problem is, I think we all know who the manager would be, if Brown was part of the new structure. Would Neil Lennon go down well with our fan base?

In my humble opinion Neil Lennon should have been offered the gig this time round, but that never happened.

I was not a fan of Cormack taking the easy option and creating jobs for the boys and all that, but I want for Glass's sake that it works out, but I canna see it and it does look like huge first class fcuk up by Cormack and co.

the signing of Brown on the other hand is the best thing Glass has done to date, the problem is we need another 10 + players with the same strength of character and that just is not going to happen. Other than Brown the rest of Glass's signings are very underwhelming 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...