Aberdeen 2 - 1 Breidablik (5 - 3)

44 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

They had a couple of tidy players in their team especially the blonde haired no 7.

Gave us a lot of trouble .

Surely worth scouting in Iceland judging by the amount of players playing across Europe.

The 7 was excellent. The really young boy no14 looked to have bags of potential. Get them signed.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Depends if you want to focus on winning games or countering the opposition. 

I'd rather we tried to win games even of it does make us susceptible to losing a few. 

I think it’s about balance and depends on the status of the game.

Whats seems good so far is that Glass is adaptable and not afraid to change it up to make a difference

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

I think it’s about balance and depends on the status of the game.

Whats seems good so far is that Glass is adaptable and not afraid to change it up to make a difference

Aye fair enough. 

But you can have plenty of flexibility in a back 4 system for different scenarios without switching backwards and forwards from a back 3 to a back 4.

1 hour ago, ferlaytio said:

The 7 was excellent. The really young boy no14 looked to have bags of potential. Get them signed.

That’s a few now mentioning the number 7, looked a really tidy player. Not that we really need another midfielder (although he took up a number of positions) but surely a benefit of the European runs are to see players in the flesh that wouldn’t normally be scouted and then keeping an eye on them afterwards and possibly look to sign them? I know one game isn’t going to give us a clear picture but it must be worth keeping tabs on the ones that have impressed us? I would doubt they are on much in Iceland surely?

The Breidablik manager is a bitter fella. Thats us pissed off both the Swedes and now the Icelandic mob in this tournament.

"Furious Breidablik coach accuses 'bully' Scott Brown and Joe Lewis of trying to breach away dressing room after ECL clash Angry Breidablik coach Oskar Hrafn Thorvaldsson has made an astonishing claim that Aberdeen captain Scott Brown and goalkeeper Joe Lewis attempted to breach his team’s changing room after the Europa Conference match".

Joe was pissed off at the end, was mouthing off at someone (the manager), the whole way in to the tunnel before a staff member pushed him away.  

I missed what happened, but someone did something to Brown that needed him held back.  Wasn't sure if it was the manager again, he seemed to be a bit of a character (cock).

28 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

The Breidablik manager is a bitter fella. Thats us pissed off both the Swedes and now the Icelandic mob in this tournament.

"Furious Breidablik coach accuses 'bully' Scott Brown and Joe Lewis of trying to breach away dressing room after ECL clash Angry Breidablik coach Oskar Hrafn Thorvaldsson has made an astonishing claim that Aberdeen captain Scott Brown and goalkeeper Joe Lewis attempted to breach his team’s changing room after the Europa Conference match".

?

I do like this idea of us being cunts.

2 hours ago, Foster14 said:

Joe was pissed off at the end, was mouthing off at someone (the manager), the whole way in to the tunnel before a staff member pushed him away.  

I missed what happened, but someone did something to Brown that needed him held back.  Wasn't sure if it was the manager again, he seemed to be a bit of a character (cock).

Their manager has been a mouthy cunt in both games. 

Fuck him. 

47 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Changed the game completely and was superb. Just admit it ffs ?

Hardly changed the game we were on top of them last 15 mins of the first half and should of scored a couple.
He had a good run for the first goal but their defender made a hash of it, won the ball but gave it away and ojo never gave up. 
If I wanted to get pertinacity about him I’d say it was his fault for there goal. 
He played well hardly call it superb and not man of the match 

40 minutes ago, thurso said:

Hardly changed the game we were on top of them last 15 mins of the first half and should of scored a couple.
He had a good run for the first goal but their defender made a hash of it, won the ball but gave it away and ojo never gave up. 
If I wanted to get pertinacity about him I’d say it was his fault for there goal. 
He played well hardly call it superb and not man of the match 

Pertinacity ... wow.

I've got a good vocabulary but I had never heard or seen that one before. I'm assuming you meant pernickety or you would surely have been pertinacious? Anyway, I'm delighted to discover this word.

5 minutes ago, Macski said:

Pertinacity ... wow.

I've got a good vocabulary but I had never heard or seen that one before. I'm assuming you meant pernickety or you would surely have been pertinacious? Anyway, I'm delighted to discover this word.

I was wondering who this Pert fella was was and what city was he in?

• Haha 2