Stadium Restriction Lifted

1 hour ago, Bamber said:

IF your health care system COLLAPSES any illness goes untreated - our health care system didnt collapse there are other systems who did collapse. People died from perfectly treatable ailments

Agree, the NHS did not collapse and It’s absolutely a fact that there is a backlog in operations and a massive increase in waiting times as a result of Covid

4 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

There is no legitimate counter argument. Look take it, dont take it... your choice. You want to listen to and believe the Karen's and Geoff's off the world, in their basements with their tin foil hats on telling every gullible idiot how bad the vaccines are then thats on you. Thankfullt the vast majority of people have a high enough IQ to see through the anti-vax crap!!

Leave me out of it ye melt.

32 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Weaker as well hence less deaths.  That's how viruses tend to behave as they mutate

20 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

There are a number of variances that would play a factor.

1) The new variant is more transmissable

2) There we’re fewer restrictions

3) Younger age groups not vaccinated being more carefree due to a) being released from restrictions b) being told they are less at risk c) No longer feel they need to protect the elderly as the elderly loved ones have been vaccinated

4) Complacency. (People less afraid of what was an unknown last year)

I’m not wanting to join an argument, but it’s clear there are a number of factors of why the stats have different peaks

All fair points.  Surely the vaccine would negate all that though if it prevented transmission?

Guest milne_afc
34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So what's the conclusion? Are we pleased that the stadium restrictions have been lifted then? 

Berto and NEM are feart of needles. Nothing to be ashamed about.

13 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

There are a number of variances that would play a factor.

1) The new variant is more transmissable

2) There we’re fewer restrictions

3) Younger age groups not vaccinated being more carefree due to a) being released from restrictions b) being told they are less at risk c) No longer feel they need to protect the elderly as the elderly loved ones have been vaccinated

4) Complacency. (People less afraid of what was an unknown last year)

I’m not wanting to join an argument, but it’s clear there are a number of factors of why the stats have different peaks

1. This is an urban myth, used by countries to imply the initial vaccine may be less effective. Funny how the orgins of the virus (China) never seemed to get any of these variants turning up isn't it. That's because as a communist nation (like Russia) they didn't need to scare people into submission like the UK, Europe, USA.

2. That doesn't make sense. More restrictions now = higher cases?

3. Bottom line - people who have had the vaccine don't need anyone else to be vaccinated to protect them. And with the publsihed efficacy of the vaccine at 90+%, there's no need for anyone to 'protect' anyone else... period.

4. More cases cause folk are blase about things? People have been locked down in the UK until only very recently.

The real reason there's more 'cases' is due to the UK having a hard on for testing. They test more people in one day in the UK than the rest of Europe combined. Stop testing everyone and case numbers will magically disappear. What you need to do is measure the same metric as we did in 2020 for which led to these unlawful restrictions.... deaths. Deaths dried up in 2021, particularly after winter - so they turned to the casedemic fear mongering and pingdemic to follow Who cares if someone has the virus if the survival rate is 99.9% and the vulnerable groups most likely to die, have had both doses? I certainly don't but the Govt do. It was their only real mechanism to keep the pressure on the country to get vaccinated. Now they've resorted to free pizzas and doner kebabs as an incentive. You couldn't make it up.

What's on your wishlist? The vaccine!!

Seriously? Eat a dick!!!

30 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Not really. They gassed about 6 million of them 

Was the end product yes. But they started off a bit more subtle than that. A wee bit like March 2020 compared to now. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Weaker as well hence less deaths.  That's what viruses tend to behave as they mutate

Yep, there must be a virus sweet spot for the balance between making people ill or dead and being easily transmissible, that’s why Ebola was such a rubbish virus in that respect as it was too efficient at killing people and couldn’t then be passed on as easily. 

It’s clearly not going away so hopefully it gradually becomes less harmful and ends up like the cold or flu 

9 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Yep, there must be a virus sweet spot for the balance between making people ill or dead and being easily transmissible, that’s why Ebola was such a rubbish virus in that respect as it was too efficient at killing people and couldn’t then be passed on as easily. 

It’s clearly not going away so hopefully it gradually becomes less harmful and ends up like the cold or flu 

Well....  as part of the coronavirus family, it has been argued it actually is. Flu mysteriously disappeared over winter. How did that happen I wonder when a similar virus in Sars-Cov-2 was so easily transmittable? Come on... this isn't rocket science. The virus, which was manufactured in a lab by the Chinese (after being transferred from the US years prior to that), was the Trojan Horse that was planned in advance, in order to lockdown the World, scare us all to within an inch of our lives and roll out a vaccine and social credit system akin to China's. Don't ask me why... I haven't been party to what the evil powers that be have in mind. But I can tell you with absolute certainty in my mind, that this, like WMD in Iraq, is a complete hoax. There's a new variant of influenza out there without doubt. But the numbers it's supposedly killed has been fudged to justify policy. Never in the history of medical science, have asymptomatic people been tested for a virus. Until 2020. A super vaccine developed in 9 months but yet, they've had decades to find one for Aids without success.

2 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

They could’ve picked any century to implement the new world order. Just my luck they do it in my lifetime. When this bull crap Coronavirus scare disappears they will lock us down because of Global warming. 

The BBC been warming up for that the past few nights

15 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

1. This is an urban myth, used by countries to imply the initial vaccine may be less effective. Funny how the orgins of the virus (China) never seemed to get any of these variants turning up isn't it. That's because as a communist nation (like Russia) they didn't need to scare people into submission like the UK, Europe, USA.

2. That doesn't make sense. More restrictions now = higher cases?

3. Bottom line - people who have had the vaccine don't need anyone else to be vaccinated to protect them. And with the publsihed efficacy of the vaccine at 90+%, there's no need for anyone to 'protect' anyone else... period.

4. More cases cause folk are blase about things? People have been locked down in the UK until only very recently.

The real reason there's more 'cases' is due to the UK having a hard on for testing. They test more people in one day in the UK than the rest of Europe combined. Stop testing everyone and case numbers will magically disappear. What you need to do is measure the same metric as we did in 2020 for which led to these unlawful restrictions.... deaths. Deaths dried up in 2021, particularly after winter - so they turned to the casedemic fear mongering and pingdemic to follow Who cares if someone has the virus if the survival rate is 99.9% and the vulnerable groups most likely to die, have had both doses? I certainly don't but the Govt do. It was their only real mechanism to keep the pressure on the country to get vaccinated. Now they've resorted to free pizzas and doner kebabs as an incentive. You couldn't make it up.

What's on your wishlist? The vaccine!!

Seriously? Eat a dick!!!

1. It’s not an urban myth but a widely accepted fact the world over.

Russia isn’t communist. Arguably autocratic though  

The more cases you see the more mutations are likely (I think). China hasn’t had as many cases as eg India. Am surprised there’s not been a USA variant yet given the case numbers they’ve had 

China didn’t need to scare people into submission? They literally boarded up houses stopping folk from leaving and arrested people who were outside during lockdown.  

can’t be arsed going through rest of points but I like the idea of stopping testing as a solution. Trump came out with this too only for his aides to say he was joking. 
Does that theory work for pregnancies too?

2 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Walked on to the station platform a day or so past to a sea of masked faces all staring at my unmasked face, like my own bewildered personal audience, so I proceeded to stare back at them all intently for a few minutes until they all felt so uncomfortable they looked away. Job done.

Yeah, I'm sure that was an accurate representation. A freedom fighter in your own lunchtime. ?

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Walked on to the station platform a day or so past to a sea of masked faces all staring at my unmasked face, like my own bewildered personal audience, so I proceeded to stare back at them all intently for a few minutes until they all felt so uncomfortable they looked away. Job done.

Sounds like they were just uncomfortable with a stranger intently staring at them for minutes. Unsurprisingly 

7 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Sounds like they were just uncomfortable with a stranger intently staring at them for minutes. Unsurprisingly 

He managed to stare at a sea of people intently all at once. While they all just shat it and looked away. 

Sounds a legit story and not at all made up to try and impress Internet strangers. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He managed to stare at a sea of people intently all at once. While they all just shat it and looked away. 

Sounds a legit story and not at all made up to try and impress Internet strangers. 

Like your best mans speech? ?

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, NEM said:

All fair points.  Surely the vaccine would negate all that though if it prevented transmission?

That thought process is part of the problem which causes the increase in positive cases.

The vaccine does not prevent transmission. You can still catch and spread the virus if vaccinated.

what it will do though is suppress the impact. There will be people who would have been suffered far worse had they not been vaccinated

• Upvote 1
Just now, afc1903mad said:

That thought process is part of the problem which causes the increase in positive cases.

The vaccine does not prevent transmission. You can still catch and spread the virus if vaccinated.

what it will do though is suppress the impact. There will be people who would have been suffered far worse had they not been vaccinated

Totally agree but try telling that to the selfless hero's getting the vaccine "to protect others".  The same fucking gluepots deriding anyone choosing to give it a miss because they trust their immune system to do the job

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

Totally agree but try telling that to the selfless hero's getting the vaccine "to protect others".  The same fucking gluepots deriding anyone choosing to give it a miss because they trust their immune system to do the job

It’s common sense time now. Everyone (bar kids) have had the opportunity to be vaccinated. Get on with life and if you catch it (even if vaccinated) then stay away from others (as some can still be seriously impacted)

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

It’s common sense time now. Everyone (bar kids) have had the opportunity to be vaccinated. Get on with life and if you catch it (even if vaccinated) then stay away from others (as some can still be seriously impacted)

Spot on