Stadium Restriction Lifted

16 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

The rules in October last year were 'people must not meet with anybody outside their household or support bubble in any indoor setting'. The only thing this guy did was to go to a house party? Nah, he swallowed all the conspiracy crap and didn't believe that covid was dangerous, thats another thing he did wrong. Give him his due, he now goes out of his way to debunk conspiracy theories on social media as he realises and accepts how wrong he was.

I watched the Serbia v Scotland game in the boozer in mid November? 

Bloody hell, what a read the last few pages have been.

The decision to be vaccinated is a personal choice and should remain so.

I've chosen to have mine and I consider myself a healthy individual who rarely gets ill with colds, flu or anything else. But I chose to add a layer of protection to myself. All my immediate and close family have chosen to do the same. It also will allow me to do things we used to before this shitshow began. Cause that's they way its going to go unfortunately. Those that have and those haven't being able to do different things and be treated differently. 

For those who have chosen not to take up the vaccine, I respect that choice and for the majority of those individuals, if you catch it you'll doubtless be ok after feeling under the weather for a while. I do hope though that you don't get a serious case of it. Guy at my work got released from hospital last week after catching C19 after it swept through his household after, he believes, his Son taking it home. My colleague is home now but really struggling, a load of medication to take and signed off for a month at least. Going by the recent update I don't expect to see him for a while yet. He was fairly healthy from what I know, no underlying health  issues. He and his wife chose not to be vaccinated. And that was their choice. I'll be interested to see on the back of this if they have changed their mind.

If you do get it you may be able to shrug it off or could be like my colleague, or this guy, the manager of Chester. https://uclanlive.uclan.ac.uk/2021/08/10/im-lying-in-an-ambulance-bed-thinking-im-done-chester-fc-boss-anthony-johnson-on-his-battle-with-covid-19/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Or the manager of Shrewsbury https://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57887668

Like I say it's a choice. For those not taking it I wish you continued good health.

Can we get back to discussing the football again?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

?

You apologise on one hand and mitigate on the other. Make up your mind. Even the mutant with his processed food diet understood what was being said. I may have overestimated your ability to articulate properly, not that I agree with your Gove-like position on the vaccine, oor Michael just spouting what the establishment want the sheeple to think, divide and conquer being ever thus. 

Hi Grummy. Whats for supper tonight? Wonderful home cooked pasta dish for me tonight. 

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

?

Too late, Costco man, the cat is oot the bug. It's your breakfast cereals that are the most tragic, even more than your packaged Mexican numbers.

Why do you give a fuck what I eat or where I shop for food? Weirdo.

You never did answer the questions about why you repeatedly disclosed the identity of my wife on this forum and why you sent me my address by PM? I'm intrigued at how a brain can be wired so badly to think that these were sensible things to do. It leads me to think you're a very confused individual.

Instead of reporting me and getting me banned and bringing in your damaged mate to do your bidding for you, you should be man enough to stand up for yourself. It's only words. 

You must have that spiel copied and pasted. Its the same thing you put up every day. 

Never reported you pal - i just laugh at how pathetic you are. We laugh together over PM - WOOSH!! 

Oh and had to have bloody toast this morning. Ran out of milk...what a rookie mistake.

11 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

?

Too late, Costco man, the cat is oot the bug. It's your breakfast cereals that are the most tragic, even more than your packaged Mexican numbers.

Why do you give a fuck what I eat or where I shop for food? Weirdo.

You never did answer the questions about why you repeatedly disclosed the identity of my wife on this forum and why you sent me my address by PM? I'm intrigued at how a brain can be wired so badly to think that these were sensible things to do. It leads me to think you're a very confused individual.

Instead of reporting me and getting me banned and bringing in your damaged mate to do your bidding for you, you should be man enough to stand up for yourself. It's only words. 

This is a new level of tragic. I don’t understand why you keep coming back here ban after ban to spout the same nonsense to the same posters.

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I've never been in my 60's. It was my birthday recently too. We know you make shit up all the time but the correlation between age and wisdom won't apply in your case, for obvious reasons.

Let me help you here. Look what we got in our box of veg from the farmer: -

6-CE69-B91-962-B-41-CD-B03-C-E35585-B0-C

I described it as mathematically beautiful when I saw it but needed to google it to find out what it is. The wife needed to look up how to prepare it.

Instead of your processed rubbish, you should get organic veg into your kids. Even your staples - onions, carrots, peas, tatties etc. - taste so much better than the shite you buy  

All hail the return of Aristotle 

You’ve left your dildo in your basket 

14 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I've never been in my 60's. It was my birthday recently too. We know you make shit up all the time but the correlation between age and wisdom won't apply in your case, for obvious reasons.

I described it as mathematically beautiful when I saw it but needed to google it to find out what it is. The wife needed to look up how to prepare it.

Instead of your processed rubbish, you should get organic veg into your kids. Even your staples - onions, carrots, peas, tatties etc. - taste so much better than the shite you buy  

Must have had a tough paper round. Cos there is no way you pass for being in your 50's.

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Not going to respond to everything you have said, from originally looking through this thread you appear to be the most deluded of the anti vax, conspiracy theorists!! You're the one that bigged up the Great Barrington Declaration which shows your mindset.

What i will do however is tell you about my family members that died due to covid as you have asked twice.

First was my uncle, admittedly in his 70's and with underlying health conditions (diabetes and heart issues). These underlying conditions were being managed however, he walked 10 miles a day and taking everything into account appeared fitter and healthier than most people of his age. He caught covid mid summer last year and died within a week. Without catching covid he wouldn't have died, he would still be here now. So no matter what way you spin it... it was covid that caused his death.

Second was a cousin, 42 years old and no underlying conditions. Worked a manual job, went to the gym 5 days a week. Was the healthiest, fittest person you could meet. We know exactly how he caught it.... young guy he worked with... didn't believe in covid, thought it was a plandemic (his Facebook page was nothing but conspiracy theories), didn't believe in masks, social distancing or lockdowns as thought it was all about the government controlling us. He went to a house party with his like minded pals last October, came in to work on the Monday.... by the Tuesday he was coming down with symptoms (lack of taste and smell, headaches). His boss sent him home but made him go and get tested. Came back positive, they had to close the company down and deep clean it and all employees were sent for testing. My cousin and 2 others tested positive. Within 4 days of testing my cousin was in ICU and 2 days later he'd died.

This is the reason why i have a deep rooted hatred of all anti-vax, covid denying conspiracy theorists. As the lies and misinformation they spread is responsible for people having the beliefs that the bellend that killed my cousin had.

You have no idea who caught it from who or when. It's a microscopic, invisible airborne virus. Is your hypothesis possible, likely even? Of course. Do you 'know exactly'? No.

Confirmation bias in action

4 minutes ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

You have no idea who caught it from who or when. It's a microscopic, invisible airborne virus. Is your hypothesis possible, likely even? Of course. Do you 'know exactly'? No.

Confirmation bias in action

You are correct, i cant say with 100% certainty that he caught it from the guy in question. If you were asking me for odds on the likelihood i would say around 1/50. The fact he tested positive a few days after the party and the 3 colleagues he was in closest contact with on his return to work quickly followed suit makes it highly likely it was him.The guy in question has actually written a letter of apology to my cousins wife and children, so even he firmly believes he was responsible.

34 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Like you’re the only one that eats vegetables ?

So keen on them you have to google what they fucking are.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

You are correct, i cant say with 100% certainty that he caught it from the guy in question. If you were asking me for odds on the likelihood i would say around 1/50. The fact he tested positive a few days after the party and the 3 colleagues he was in closest contact with on his return to work quickly followed suit makes it highly likely it was him.The guy in question has actually written a letter of apology to my cousins wife and children, so even he firmly believes he was responsible.

It's not just that you can't be sure who he caught it from, you can't even be sure that this guy caught it at the party.

Here's an example... mate of mine played golf with someone last month. Had a few beers together afterwards. About 48 hours later, this guy develops symptoms, tests positive and advises my mate. Mate then proceeds to self isolate for 10 days. Remember, there's a 48 hour gap here so he's in contact with who knows how many people during this period. He tests every 48 hours throughout self-isolation...negative every time, comes out of self isolation, job done.

Now, let's imagine he catches it from someone in the supermarket or wherever the fuck in that 48 hour period. He gets advised, tests positive and the (completely erroneous) assumption is he caught it from his golf partner.

You're demonising an entire group of people based purely on your prejudices.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

It's not just that you can't be sure who he caught it from, you can't even be sure that this guy caught it at the party.

Here's an example... mate of mine played golf with someone last month. Had a few beers together afterwards. About 48 hours later, this guy develops symptoms, tests positive and advises my mate. Mate then proceeds to self isolate for 10 days. Remember, there's a 48 hour gap here so he's in contact with who knows how many people during this period. He tests every 48 hours throughout self-isolation...negative every time, comes out of self isolation, job done.

Now, let's imagine he catches it from someone in the supermarket or wherever the fuck in that 48 hour period. He gets advised, tests positive and the (completely erroneous) assumption is he caught it from his golf partner.

You're demonising an entire group of people based purely on your prejudices.

Look the guy in question was the one that spread it around his workplace, thats pretty much a certainty. He's admitted to it himself. He was the first in the workplace to show symptoms and nobody else in the workplace other than the 3 people he was in closest contact with also caught it. He's also admitted that he didn't take anything covid related seriously prior to catching it. He didn't believe in masks, social distancing, sanitising, lockdowns etc and the group of friends he hung around with had the same mindset as him. Even if he didn't catch it at that houseparty (which given the time between the house party and him showing symptoms seems highly unlikely) then his carefree attitude to keeping himself and others safe wouldn't have helped no matter where he caught it. Try and defend it all you want and hypothesize over how else it could have happened, the facts are the facts.

4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Look the guy in question was the one that spread it around his workplace, thats pretty much a certainty. He's admitted to it himself. He was the first in the workplace to show symptoms and nobody else in the workplace other than the 3 people he was in closest contact with also caught it. He's also admitted that he didn't take anything covid related seriously prior to catching it. He didn't believe in masks, social distancing, sanitising, lockdowns etc and the group of friends he hung around with had the same mindset as him. Even if he didn't catch it at that houseparty (which given the time between the house party and him showing symptoms seems highly unlikely) then his carefree attitude to keeping himself and others safe wouldn't have helped no matter where he caught it. Try and defend it all you want and hypothesize over how else it could have happened, the facts are the facts.

I don't think you do yourself much favours by using facts are facts at the end of a statement of hypothesising.  

What did your cousin work as anyway?  The 22 year old house partier may have played a part, but surely the key here is, that assuming the workplace was the place of transmission, the workplace is as much an issue as anything, given someone could have got Covid from any manner of places and taken it in to that environment.  

I am double-vaccinated.  I believe that it reduces the transmission as well as symptoms based on medical studies. In addition, it can seemingly impact perfectly healthy people badly, so I went for it.  I hope most people go for it and they have in the UK, but I'm not going to hold it against someone that doesn't.  And things like potential restrictions to unvaccinated (i.e. large events, or even smaller things like restaurants/pubs) raises huge question about the motivation.  

13 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I'm not defending it at all, I'm merely pointing out that, as others have said, you need to stop arguing your case from such a position of certainty when you are anything but certain. All it does is make you look like a crusader.

49 minutes ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

I'm not defending it at all, I'm merely pointing out that, as others have said, you need to stop arguing your case from such a position of certainty when you are anything but certain. All it does is make you look like a crusader.

Id say there's a 2% chance it wasn't him... in my mind thats pretty certain.