This is our best chance to win the league in years

Ok, hear me out on this. Celtic look like they are about to have a Ronnie Deila-esc season with this new guy. They are absolutely terrible, and I do not see why we shouldn't aim to be finishing above them this season. We have challenged them all the way before, and that was under McInnes who many believe was responsible for repeatedly crashing our bottle against Celtic. Their problems are there for all to see. 

And what of the huns? Well i think they are going to fall WELL short of what they did last season. We are about to see how much they benefited from not having the fans on their back last season. The style they play requires patience that the orcs won't give them, especially after a few misplaced passes. When players start suffering from a drop in form/confidence or going into their shell a bit (and they will when the going gets tough enough), they will go through large spells in which they will be shite, just like all the seasons before last. Although I believe it will be magnified massively by the fact they are used to playing in front of empty stadiums now. Only the second game of the season and they have already lost their unbeaten run ffs. Expect it to continue. 

If the above happens, and coincides with us having a great season under new management, then i don't see why we shouldn't be going for the title this season. Since Glass has come in i feel like we are seeing the start of a potentially magical season. We are dominating and winning European ties for the first time in a long time. Also i thought we showed the kind of grit required to bag the 3 points on Sunday. We would NOT have won that game last season, and we now have a proven winner on the pitch like Brown to really drive the team on. 

So I don't think it is at all out of the question that we could be scrapping for the title next May :bounce: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Ok, hear me out on this.

Oh FFS, leave the zooming to Hearts fans.

Yes the two cheeks have both lost a game in the opening two, but lets just concentrate on one game at a time and see where it gets us. Looking too far ahead is a recipe for disaster in my opinion

• Upvote 5

Calm yersel.

We will have a run of rank rotten form at some point. Our squad is nowhere near strong enough to maintain a challenge, and we won't always have the luck we enjoyed yesterday. That being said, I'm impressed by the attitude of "we'll score more than you" so far and am happy to accept the odd defeat if we play like we want to win.

27 minutes ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Ok, hear me out on this. Celtic look like they are about to have a Ronnie Deila-esc season with this new guy. They are absolutely terrible, and I do not see why we shouldn't aim to be finishing above them this season. We have challenged them all the way before, and that was under McInnes who many believe was responsible for repeatedly crashing our bottle against Celtic. Their problems are there for all to see. 

And what of the huns? Well i think they are going to fall WELL short of what they did last season. We are about to see how much they benefited from not having the fans on their back last season. The style they play requires patience that the orcs won't give them, especially after a few misplaced passes. When players start suffering from a drop in form/confidence or going into their shell a bit (and they will when the going gets tough enough), they will go through large spells in which they will be shite, just like all the seasons before last. Although I believe it will be magnified massively by the fact they are used to playing in front of empty stadiums now. Only the second game of the season and they have already lost their unbeaten run ffs. Expect it to continue. 

If the above happens, and coincides with us having a great season under new management, then i don't see why we shouldn't be going for the title this season. Since Glass has come in i feel like we are seeing the start of a potentially magical season. We are dominating and winning European ties for the first time in a long time. Also i thought we showed the kind of grit required to bag the 3 points on Sunday. We would NOT have won that game last season, and we now have a proven winner on the pitch like Brown to really drive the team on. 

So I don't think it is at all out of the question that we could be scrapping for the title next May :bounce: 

Are you really this delusional or is this a fishing attempt? If either of the old firm look like missing out on top 2 then they’ll just sign players in January that we can’t afford. We have two recognised centre halves ffs ?

26 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Are you really this delusional or is this a fishing attempt? If either of the old firm look like missing out on top 2 then they’ll just sign players in January that we can’t afford. We have two recognised centre halves ffs ?

It is a still a fairly long shot, it would really be down to us to replicate the kind of spirit and consistency we had in the early years of McInnes, and a bit more. However I definitely think it would be our best season to do it, as I think both cheeks will have a really crap season. 

Celtic have just pumped someone 6-0. Would not be surprised to see them do that again quite easily.

Likelihood of anyone else in the league doing that (other than Rangers) is very remote.

That's the level that they can get to, and if they have any difficulties doing so come January they'll just spunk a few million on new players until they get back to doing it again.

1 hour ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Got any of whatever you've been taking left? Just 5 mins up the road.? 

• Haha 3

Aim for the top two positions and that mindset will see us stroll to third (or better).

The mindset of accepting third has had us fourth for three seasons in a row because you lose that mindset that every game is do or die.

Good start... lets see what happens at Tynecastle

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Celtic have just pumped someone 6-0. Would not be surprised to see them do that again quite easily.

Likelihood of anyone else in the league doing that (other than Rangers) is very remote.

That's the level that they can get to, and if they have any difficulties doing so come January they'll just spunk a few million on new players until they get back to doing it again.

The last season under Deila was the the season we pushed them hard and they were there to be got at. They beat Hamilton 8 - 1 that season and would always give the odd team a pumping at Parkhead. Could we spank a team that hard in that season? No, it is consistency that is more important. 

• Upvote 2

Celtic looked rather good against Dundee i have to say,Ryan Christie in particular a stand out. We can but hope the Hun have a post league win, slump in form as often happens.

If we can get to a point relatively unscathed,where we earn decent funds,ie selling a player or a Euro run(assuming the wallets closed for now),I dont see why it couldnt get interesting and build,ala 2014. Weve the bones of a pretty good side

3 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Don’t disagree, but you’ve to make sure of the bread and butter wins as well.  That’s what gets you to Xmas in touch.  Tim’s head to head with the hun last year was as good as anyone’s.  But they shipped points left right and centre to everyone else.  Except us of course.

Aye but they'll take care of most of the bread and butter wins too. 

It's the games against them that make the difference. 

Even if we win one and draw one against each of them that means they only gain 3 points on us each over a season in the head to heads .  Lose all 4 and you'll never make up the 12/24 points 

2 hours ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Not reading that. It's not gonna happen. 

• Upvote 1