Raith Rovers 2 - 1 Aberdeen

10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Dons to win & both teams to score is 4.2 / 1

For old cunts that’s about 11/4?

The way we are open combined with Raith scoring lots of goals, that’s a decent bet. 

Well this old cunt disagrees. 11/4 is 2.75/1 not 4.2/1. The 4.2/1you are trying to explain to us old cunts is closer to 17/4 (16.8/4). 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The old way was easy if you understood basic arithmetic & fractions from skoOl though Dons 79 ?

Minted well done you ?, did the teacher give you wee gold stars, was only telling you, don’t need to be a smart arse.?

20 hours ago, Sydney_Red said:

I’d do something like this. I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t see McGinn again though. I’d love him to prove me wrong and come back into the team with some form, but he gives me a real impression of being yesterday’s man.

He has been for 2-3 years now. Should never have resigned. 

folk speaking about resting players here but i wonder if he would be brave enough to rest a couple of fringe players for thursday and not even drag them back and fore to Baku with a view that they would start at Tynecastle.

We'll take 23 or 24 to Baku but can only use maximum of 16

54 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

folk speaking about resting players here but i wonder if he would be brave enough to rest a couple of fringe players for thursday and not even drag them back and fore to Baku with a view that they would start at Tynecastle.

We'll take 23 or 24 to Baku but can only use maximum of 16

No way. Have to take enough to fill the bench and a spare or 2, especially when you can utilise the 5 substitutions to change/rotate as necessary. Can also have players pull up in the warm up as Ojo did last week, need the options.

Imagine the fall out if he left someone at home that the wise ones here then judged to be the perfect replacement for a 1st choice player who was subsequently injured! 

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Aye that’s the European odds, I cannot understand the old version of 16/4 etc so if you put a pound on you would get 4.20 back

Decimal odds include your stake.

Original fractional odds dinna.

It's as if they were wanting you to think you were getting better odds when they started introducing the decimal pish. ?

Anyooh, fiver on that 4.2 decimal odds, you simply get your fiver multiplied by 4.2 = £21

Fractional equivalent with fiver on at 16/5 you are actually winning £16.

But as you won the bet you also get your £5 stake back, so also = £21

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Decimal odds include your stake.

Original fractional odds dinna.

It's as if they were wanting you to think you were getting better odds when they started introducing the decimal pish. ?

Anyooh, fiver on that 4.2 decimal odds, you simply get your fiver multiplied by 4.2 = £21

Fractional equivalent with fiver on at 16/5 you are actually winning £16.

But as you won the bet you also get your £5 stake back, so also = £21

Thanks, nobody had explained to me on how it works before, very kindly explained ?

and I failed maths spectacularly, not my strongest subject.

Just now, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Why’s that out of interest

(asking for a driving fwend)

Private parking companies don't take legal action to pursue these "invoices" in Scotland (at least for one off cases anyway, they might well do if you are piling them up with the same company) because it costs them more money to go through the courts than they would actually receive from the invoice. Rules in England are a lot tighter, and rumour has it those rules could be coming to Scotland next year, but for now these "invoices" can be safely ignored.

It's only the police and local council ones that you have to take notice of because they can and will enforce. ParkingEye, Euro Car Parks etc are just utter bandits - check out the Pepipoo online forum on Parking Charge Notices for a bit more info.

25 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Beveridge Park (about 300 yards from the away end) or there's a car park on the sea front and a Morrisons supermarket, all considerably closer than the train station. 

Thanks Mr Specs, I'd scoped those on maps but worth asking in case they weren't current options or anything. 

16 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Money shouldn't be the benchmark. You've already told us the wife earns the "big bucks" and you are proud of your property portfolio despite living opposite DSS (or whatever you call them) but are you happy?

Honestly, over the moon bud, fulfilled every day, I leave the house with a skip and a jump ready for whatever the world has in store for me that day, joyful , happy, content. All the things money cannot buy

Dss what’s that ?. Told you afore I have many dwellings.if you mean living across from the job centre then how can that be?, there’s only one in Saltcoats, portfolio means more than one!, cmon your better than that (good putting, bad putting)

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

That doesn't make sense though as if someone isn't good at maths, they're usually good at English 

Your correct, you were the only one to comment a while back which was kindly appreciated, regarding growing up.(parents). Didn’t get a lot of schooling because of circumstances. I get by.

As an adult i have taken courses to get by, got my degree by having to join Glasgow university as a mature student after my heart exploded when a was 28.now I find it too late to complete my maths and English studies. In my brain I know what I am talking about it’s when I put it to paper it doesn’t look quite right, but I don’t know why!. Doesn’t bother me or the folk that know me, as I said it hasn’t stopped me doing what i want or need to do in life, annoying for yourselves to try and make sense of what am saying so apologies for that. That’s what makes humans interesting at least, cannot right down a menu but am like a Rembrandt when it comes to cooking, go figure (ps I don’t care about my failings, as I have a lot other qualities to make up for them!

8 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

If you're as "fulfilled" as you say, why do you post with hate on one hand and self-aggrandisement on the other?

Your account of daily skipping and jumping is not credible. Life isn't like this, for anyone.

I smell shite. 

On the contrary, you do the exact same thing, except your aggression and hatred shows completely!, I wonder why?, hence why you only post to me in the negative?, posted a genuine question earlier but because it was referencing gaudi you chose to omit my speculation?, why?, il tell you why, because I used my brain to work out WHO you were talking about and you couldn’t aggressively answer me. So you stayed silent. My aggression comes from childhood, it’s my safety net when getting challenged you see, not because iam not only happy but content. Unlike yourself am afraid.

3 hours ago, Macski said:

No way. Have to take enough to fill the bench and a spare or 2, especially when you can utilise the 5 substitutions to change/rotate as necessary. Can also have players pull up in the warm up as Ojo did last week, need the options.

Imagine the fall out if he left someone at home that the wise ones here then judged to be the perfect replacement for a 1st choice player who was subsequently injured! 

Yea I realise it would be very brave. but players like campbell, hancock, kennedy and jenks maybe? 

I know its not going to happen. im already thinking tynecastle could be a write off