Raith Rovers 2 - 1 Aberdeen

28 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Gurr gives me Jackie McNamara vibes. Fucking never want him to see him in red again. 

How so? I’d say they are the exact opposite of each other.

McNamara didn’t bother his arse while here but was a good player.

Gurr puts in plenty effort, but is a hopeless player.

18 minutes ago, NEM said:

Hayes looks like he might have broken his leg and hedges hamstring has gone. Ferguson looks completely uninterested as well.

We were already a striker and centre half short. Badly need to make at least one big signing before Thursday 

Is it the same leg he broke while at Celtic? 

8 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Thought Gallagher was only one getting pass marks today...

I'd probably agree but only a 6/10 performance at best. Maybe Hayes 5/10 because he looked like he was trying, although not a whole lot came off for him.

Every other fucker 4/10 or worse (Gurr went from 7/10 first half to 1/10 second)

32 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Couldn’t get any worse. Lost and two vital players injured. 

Ramirez is shite btw. Been half thinking it for weeks but confirmed today. 

Nonsense - he got zero service today when he came on. Was screaming at the other players to push up and support him but half of them looked like they couldn’t be arsed, Ferguson in particular 

• Upvote 1

Well that's fucked up my Sunday. Cunts. 

Glarigly obvious we need a striker in to help ramirez. He's come on twice as a sub and not done much. If fit and rested, he needs to start. He doesn't look like an impact sub. 

Hayes and McGinn both showing their age. Bit part or phase them out.  

Glass has rightly recieved plaudits of late but he's got some critism coming his way here. Poor, poor result. 

Cormack needs to get the chequebook out to sign a striker, creative mid (Ferguson can go) and a defender who can actually fucking defend 

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Nonsense - he got zero service today when he came on. Was screaming at the other players to push up and support him but half of them looked like they couldn’t be arsed, Ferguson in particular 

I’m nae having that. 

“No service” is a cop out. Hold the ball up, keep it, move to get the ball. He done none. He was shite and has been for the past few games.

36 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I don’t get the criticism of Ferguson of late because he’s looking to move on, but he was playing with no urgency and slowed the game down when we needed to pick up the pace

Was it not more the position he was picking the ball up in rather than Ferguson as a player? Brown wasn’t exactly fizzing the ball around when he came on.

5 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I’m nae having that. 

“No service” is a cop out. Hold the ball up, keep it, move to get the ball. He done none. He was shite and has been for the past few games.

Think you’re being harsh. There’s a big queue of players in front of him in the queue for deserving criticism 

• Upvote 2

It's hard for 7 inferior players to come into the same team and gel right away.

You can maybe get by with 2 or 3 inferior players coming into the team but it's hard with so many changes.

Nobody wanted to take responsibility for pushing forward.

Yet to see anything in Jenks for somebody to be so highly rated.

Were we actually that good in the first half? I don't think so. Apart from Jet's goal we didn't have many shots on target, and most of our possesion took place in our own half, with too much crossfield and back passsing which shows an element of laziness and a lack of imagination. Jet had a few good touches laying off the ball, but Raith intercepted too many obvious passes. Not much evidence of the high pressing that Glass promised. With all the changes, can't use tiredness as an excuse either. Glass talks well, but he has to deliver. His arrival raised supporters hopes, but any revival looks more fragile now.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Think we did judging by the comments on the defence.

I watched the game. So i'll judge on what i seen myself

Considine would have made no difference to the defence today. The mistakes were individual errors and not playing through the midfield quick enough and just recycling possesion across the back 4 and midfield, Considine would have done exactly the same if he was on as he has no eye for a pass through the lines or going forward. that's why i don't think he was missed today

Just now, Joe pike said:

It's hard for 7 inferior players to come into the same team and gel right away.

You can maybe get by with 2 or 3 inferior players coming into the team but it's hard with so many changes.

Nobody wanted to take responsibility for pushing forward.

Yet to see anything in Jenks for somebody to be so highly rated.

Outside of our managerial team and people offloading a wage is there any evidence at all he is capable. He’s not really played at any senior level. We have hired players on heresay (Jenks) and hope (Gurr and Ramirez). Cormack and Glass need to own this embarrassment. 

• Upvote 1

Changes were understandable but we made too many with 7.

Play 2 or 3 of them, get the game won & then take them off.

That said, the drop off from a good, dominant first half to the pathetic shambles of the second half was a disgrace. 

Even in the first half there were a couple of lapses that could’ve been costly.

Defence needs tightened big time. Gurr looked like a bloke that has barely played a top flight game at the age of 26. Cost us two goals & was lucky not to be sent off. Bunny in the headlights.