Raith Rovers 2 - 1 Aberdeen

4 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Glass kept a winning side a few games ago and people were moaning about McRorie playing, Gallagher not starting, players needing rested etc. Now it’s “you don’t change a winning team” ?

He’s a young rookie manager, everything is a learning process at the moment.

Pittodrie isn't the place for a young rookie manager to learn the job. That's why a lot of people are so pissed off at this prawcess...

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Pittodrie isn't the place for a young rookie manager to learn the job. That's why a lot of people are so pissed off at this prawcess...

Exactly. How many cups do we have to get papped out before he learns how to do the job? 

Calum Davidson didn't need to "learn" lessons in Cup competitions.  Why should Glass be cut any slack for this - he took the job, he wanted it, but he's not doing the business. 

• Upvote 2
26 minutes ago, True_Don said:

It's going to be a rollercoaster with this team and manager...hopefully the highs will outweigh the loss.

Onto European qualification.  

Indeed. Something a lot were saying yet the first bad defeat everyone loses their mind.

26 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aye, we dinnae need to bother with the League Cup, because we're such high rollers.  ?

We don’t win the league cup every season, I’m not going to lose sleep after another season of not winning it.

24 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

What is it the place for then?

18 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Exactly. How many cups do we have to get papped out before he learns how to do the job? 

Calum Davidson didn't need to "learn" lessons in Cup competitions.  Why should Glass be cut any slack for this - he took the job, he wanted it, but he's not doing the business. 

Good job you’re not utterly hysterical over losing one game though ??‍♂️

Glass has to hold his hands up and admit he made a big mistake today. Too many changes and let’s be honest…if he is making that many changes why not play Woods instead of Lewis. Lewis is far too easily beaten and doesn’t look like he is going to get a clean sheet. 
Jenks is what I said he was after seeing him play his first match….dross. 
We lacked creativity today and underestimated our opponent. 
The team as a whole think they are better than they are. A touch of reality today for quite a few of them and us fans. 
Back to hard work on the training pitch to get things right.

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Oh fuck off. Fans booing after losing to RAITH ROVERS? What a surprise. 

Fans who are happy to lap up the adulation of the players for a great support, but turn at the drop of a hat when we hot a bump in the road. Did Celtic fans boo their team off the park when they lost to Hearts? Booing your own players is the most hunnish thing ever. I've long held this belief and will do til the day I depart this turf. Do they need any reminding of how they let themselves and us down today? No, but can you imagine what Brown was thinking as he walked his team over to us to hear folk booing him. Probably reinforces the stereotypical views anyone outside of Aberdeen has of us. Feckin mutants.

34 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Why? We're not Liverpool or Man Utd. That's like saying Aberdeen's first team is not a club for a player like Ramsay to learn his job.

I'm perfectly happy, indeed, positively impressed with the work I've seen so far. They won't get it right for 90 mins of every game, but the more they keep that style of play (the 1st 45 mins at least) then the more it'll become second nature to them. Drumming out hoofball from our players after 7 seasons of similar from McInnes, will not be an overnight thing. We struggled 2nd half as we stopped playing early balls into midfield and were passing side to side and then out wide. The players lost the confidence as I'm sure the fatigue kicked in.

40 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aye, we dinnae need to bother with the League Cup, because we're such high rollers.  ?

if you were offered group stages of Europe over an away round at Parkhead, what would you choose. I'd forgo a cup this year for group stages and progress on he park in terms of style and attitude. Success will not be instant with this appointment. It'll be a steady trudge to the holy grail we all crave. More and more young lads being fed through with the correct mentality. Tell you what, all you moaning farts on here would be better off buying a season ticket and helping us get to 15k, giving the manager more options for buying better players. Is that not more constructive than bitching about the first major problem we've faced this season. Bed wetters indeed.

4 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Why? We're not Liverpool or Man Utd. That's like saying Aberdeen's first team is not a club for a player like Ramsay to learn his job.

I'm perfectly happy, indeed, positively impressed with the work I've seen so far. They won't get it right for 90 mins of every game, but the more they keep that style of play (the 1st 45 mins at least) then the more it'll become second nature to them. Drumming out hoofball from our players after 7 seasons of similar from McInnes, will not be an overnight thing. We struggled 2nd half as we stopped playing early balls into midfield and were passing side to side and then out wide. The players lost the confidence as I'm sure the fatigue kicked in.

It’s amusing given that people were apparently okay with us not doing that well this season given it’s his first in charge, needs to get his own players etc.

One defeat and now it’s total panic and depression everywhere.

8 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

The team as a whole think they are better than they are. A touch of reality today for quite a few of them and us fans.

This is pish. There was no arrogance there today. I think every player gave their all. Just lacked in the mentality dept and concentration levels dropped. This wasn't from disrespecting the opponents. We played them off the pitch 1st half.
I think many of you do a disservice to Raith Rovers. They have some decent players and played some neat one touch possession football. They are no mugs, were playing at home and toward their own fans 2nd half. They had feck all to lose and it showed at the end.

13 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Fans who are happy to lap up the adulation of the players for a great support, but turn at the drop of a hat when we hot a bump in the road. Did Celtic fans boo their team off the park when they lost to Hearts? Booing your own players is the most hunnish thing ever. I've long held this belief and will do til the day I depart this turf. Do they need any reminding of how they let themselves and us down today? No, but can you imagine what Brown was thinking as he walked his team over to us to hear folk booing him. Probably reinforces the stereotypical views anyone outside of Aberdeen has of us. Feckin mutants.

What a load of nonsense. 

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Fatigue - that was Raith's seventh competitive game - whatever it was fatigue really shouldn't be a factor. We lost - Logan may be content with not winning a cup again - it's effectively been the Aberdeen way for the last 2 decades - I was hoping for a change - my mistake. Same old excuses.

Glass's playing style is refreshing and it's more interesting to watch - he needs to learn - it's a shame he repeated the same move that failed at Livingston - the aim of the game is to score - we managed it once in the first half when apparently everyone was great. Needed to be scoring three before you start thinking that. First half was not good enough and permitted the second half. 

4 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

What a load of nonsense. 

I'm not even bothered what you think tbh. I know players and managers have nothing but resentment when they hear booing or harassment of their players. I'm sure many slightly slow and mentally challenged in our support, think that by booing them, it'll somehow make them play better next game. It doesn't. Any time (particularly at Pittodrie) over the years/decades, that we've booed our players either during or after a game (even booed off at half time) has not created a positive reaction. It has the opposite efffect and unfortunately, tars us all with the same fickle brush. Sure, we're all pissed off.... particularly more so those of us who made the trip to Kirkcaldy today. Be the bigger man though and face the world head on instead of letting those frustrations turn into childish, woke-like petulance.

1 hour ago, super_al said:

Well we would have drawn Celtic away. 

I disagree with some if the comments above. Glass was fine to make seven changes and the first half showed that. Gurr was Aberdeen's best player in the first half and put in some great crosses. Second half was a different story but Gurr was unlucky with conceding the free kick for their first goal.

The biggest disappointment was the lack of difference our so called better players made when called upon.

1 hour ago, super_al said:

If he had played those who came on do you think we would have won? Ferguson, Brown, Ramiez and Hedges were off it today.

Good as you seem to think we were first half I think we only showed slight signs of being good & 1 shot on target backs that up. Other than a fine goal from JET we were a very poor/average side playing a lower level opponent & those players you think were good enough to do the job also allowed Raith not only very easily back into a game they should have been put out of site in but they let them take control & lead & gave them even more of a lift than just a cup game needs to. Damage was already done by time he brought on the players that should have started. Absolute joke call to make 7 changes to any winning side regardless of circumstances & BS excuses to do so. The decision was wrong & most would have agreed with that before the game except the few that wanted it earlier in this thread that are still desperately trying to make excuses & cling to it being an acceptable call.

We haven’t got anywhere close to a squad with enough quality to make changes like that. Glass hasn’t changed anywhere near enough of the squad to suddenly think we have a squad capable of such changes that we can basically field a second team that will automatically gel & piss out a championship side. Even one that hasn’t won a game in the 4 previous. 

There’s no defence of manger here. He needs to admit/accept full blame for his mistakes & immediately set about fixing it for Thursday but I think he’s left that too late now. The signs were there before this game. Livi game alone was a huge neon warning not heeded. 

• Upvote 1
On 8/14/2021 at 11:44 AM, Dons79 said:

On the contrary, you do the exact same thing, except your aggression and hatred shows completely!, I wonder why?, hence why you only post to me in the negative?, posted a genuine question earlier but because it was referencing gaudi you chose to omit my speculation?, why?, il tell you why, because I used my brain to work out WHO you were talking about and you couldn’t aggressively answer me. So you stayed silent. My aggression comes from childhood, it’s my safety net when getting challenged you see, not because iam not only happy but content. Unlike yourself am afraid.

top post ?

7 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Tinpot fans is how I would sum up Aberdeen fans like.

Never have I agreed with you more Bert.

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Come on, that's utter rubbish

They deserved to be booed for that

No one that you allege to support, deserves to be booed. Soon as that starts, the divide between club and fans is reinforced. We win and lose as a club. As a supporter, you are part of that club and yes, as much as it's hard to take it on the chin and suck it up, you face the World with a stiff upper lip. Dunno how many games I've witnessed where the supporters start booing and the opposition feed off that. Anyone that truly believes it as a positive effect, other than just pacifying your own childish tantrum, need to f*ck right off.

Will never understand that mentality of playing a 'weaker team' when against a so called lower opposition. Resting players 2 months into the season, absolute nonsense.

Seen a few people saying it but hopefully Glass learns from that. A huge error from him today.

As for the players. Back to horrendous recruitment along with giving Devlin and McGinn new deals. Nothing has changed there. Failed to recognise the huge error in Gallagher that we have now have to suffer the likes of Gurr. JET and Jenks - early signs don't look promising.

We're 2 CBs and 2 strikers away from anything half decent along with our two best players Hedges and Ferguson wanting out.

Some tough games coming up. Got to be better.

6 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

I'm not even bothered what you think tbh. I know players and managers have nothing but resentment when they hear booing or harassment of their players. I'm sure many slightly slow and mentally challenged in our support, think that by booing them, it'll somehow make them play better next game. It doesn't. Any time (particularly at Pittodrie) over the years/decades, that we've booed our players either during or after a game (even booed off at half time) has not created a positive reaction. It has the opposite efffect and unfortunately, tars us all with the same fickle brush. Sure, we're all pissed off.... particularly more so those of us who made the trip to Kirkcaldy today. Be the bigger man though and face the world head on instead of letting those frustrations turn into childish, woke-like petulance.

Yeah happy clapping is what is needed. Acceptance of shiteness is key if we are to enjoy a few exciting wins. That’s the price a small club like ours must pay. We aren’t a big enough club to boo players just because we got beat from a lower division side that easily earned its first win in five games. How much delusions of grandeur must some of our fans have to be pissed off at our players just for getting knocked out of cup so easily to a championship side after we have been treated to a side so dominant in Europe. That booing will cause massive resentment from the players & manager now. Wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t win on Thursday now with all that resentment towards those pesky boo boys

23 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Glass's playing style is refreshing and it's more interesting to watch - he needs to learn - it's a shame he repeated the same move that failed at Livingston - the aim of the game is to score - we managed it once in the first half when apparently everyone was great. Needed to be scoring three before you start thinking that. First half was not good enough and permitted the second half. 

I'm sorry, I forgot we lost to Livi. Shit manager that he is.

9 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Come on, that's utter rubbish

They deserved to be booed for that

Come on,7 changes.Do we not allow a fairly new manager the chance to take a gamble,and fail/learn,this early in his career? 

Fergie* spent a whole first season chopping and changing til he got up to speed.Its embarassing the ranting this early in the season

*Not that I think Glass is in his league

15 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Should we all just be "meh" after every game? Win, lose or draw. 

Don't worry I'm sure my hysteria will subside after one of the players explains in the paper how they're going to make it up to us by winning a meaningless league game. 

No, you go apoplectic with joy when we win, cheer a draw if it's deserved, and just go, ah well, life sucks today, if we lose. I was entertained with 1st half and equally left furstrated by the 2nd. I was glum, doon in the moo, fair skunnered at the final whistle. But shit happens. My love and support for AFC remains in tact though and my big boy pants are as dry as a nun chuff.

8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah happy clapping is what is needed. Acceptance of shiteness is key if we are to enjoy a few exciting wins. That’s the price a small club like ours must pay. We aren’t a big enough club to boo players just because we got beat from a lower division side that easily earned its first win in five games. How much delusions of grandeur must some of our fans have to be pissed off at our players just for getting knocked out of cup so easily to a championship side after we have been treated to a side so dominant in Europe. That booing will cause massive resentment from the players & manager now. Wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t win on Thursday now with all that resentment towards those pesky boo boys

I don't really get into the fascination over personalities of posters on here. I prefer to just read posts for what they are. But you my friend, are nae right in the heid. Glass nearly empty is how I'd describe you, let alone half foo.

7 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

The team and management deserved to be booed off the pitch today. Anyone suggesting otherwise isn’t wired up right.

Not sure you'll see the irony in that statement, but everyone's entitled to an opinion blah blah blah.